Forums

Help › Forums

How many are there?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 23 2009 6:49 PM (2 replies)
  • GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:33 PM

I was just wondering how many people are currently playing WGT.  Recently I reported to my wife that I was about 300th or something in a tournament (prolly very early in the tournament too!) and she didn't seem terribly impressed so I added " yeah...but you have to understand.....there are about 4 bazillion people in the tournament dear...so gimme a break huh?"  she then provided the obligatory ooh and ahh but I don't think she bought the 4 bazillion figure... so I was hoping to get a more accurate ballpark number to tell her next time.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:59 PM

As I wrote in another thread...

"Unless and until WGT can get a handle on the HUGE number of cheaters on this site, the numbers will mean nothing.

The biggest problem is the vast number of multiple accounts.  Then the multiples with different country listings.... etc etc etc.

WGT may list over 2 million subscribers... (just a number I grabbed, I do not know the actual number)...  maybe 25% are actual unique account holders, 25% 'dead' accounts, and 50% multiples.

The really sad part is the multiples are trying to win all the hack and amatuer tourneys.  I say 'trying' because WGT does verify all scores, but I really don't expect them to catch all of the miscreants."

So, basically, I don't see a way that you can get an answer anywhere near the truth.

• GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 6:49 PM

It would seem that there should be a fairly easy solution to the cheater/sandbagger problem...maybe if the game came out on disk along with a registration number which provided access limited to a single online user account.  sky is really the limit for this awesome game!  i love playing even as a complete duffer...so i'll prolly get completely obsessed with the game once i get good.  let's play 9 sometime whaddaya say?

RSS