Forums

Help › Forums

L100 Nike Vapor irons post reviews here

Tue, Nov 17 2015 8:38 AM (113 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:57 AM

YankeeJim:
    I personally find them a tad harder to hit because of the slower meter but I'll get over that. Might even go back to the Tour-SD for a bit to see. It's the precision I went after and I'm curious to see just how much of a difference that extra .1 makes.

the .1  of extra precision might not be the big thing for many of us but it will be the .5 forgiveness. That extra .5 forgiveness could make a big difference. If it only had the .1 extra precision and .5 slower meter I would have probably passed on them. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 12:22 PM

borntobesting:
    the .1  of extra precision might not be the big thing for many of us but it will be the .5 forgiveness

This actually surprised me. Precision and forgiveness usually have an inverse relationship-trade one for the other. These clubs went the other way compared to the 97s-you get them both.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 12:32 PM

Ideally we should not have clubs this good, but then ideally the game should be played fair by all too.  Don't want to start off on that latter issue too much again, but it's a sad inconvenient fact it can't be ignored.  These irons will, very just maybe sometimes, put us on a more level playing field with those that assist themselves illegally.  Won't solve it but it's a good step at a cost:)

I do think WGT are also missing a huge trick in not getting the pro shop open earlier with that new tier for at least accomplished TLs mid 90s.  I say that because to me L100 great irons, under the current system, puts pressure the wrong way on multi accounting as well as being bad for the game by frustrating genuine people with ludicrous wait times.  Those wait times will strangle this game if they are not careful for the reasons stated.

All that said just on performance these are fantastic irons IMO.  The slower meter is right up my alley. The better forgiveness I have also felt, and that extra .1 precision well not sure about that but looks nice if nothing else.  Score wise, well who knows but certainly I will feel more confident entering a credit based anything. 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 12:37 PM

YankeeJim:
    FWIW, I don't think these irons are going to lower the low scores here, they're just going to bring more players into the mix.

This was my thought as well.

Those who post the super lower scores I'm sure can do it with just about any of the decent clubs, (any club with a 220yd or longer 3 iron I mean).

But as it was said many times before , even before the new irons, knowing how to putt will be the key.  

btw,  excellent feeback so far I think.  Even if this thread gets derailed, there's about 2 pages worth of good feedback for anyone looking for it.  ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 1:12 PM

hpurey:
    btw,  excellent feeback so far I think.  Even if this thread gets derailed, there's about 2 pages worth of good feedback for anyone looking for it.  ;-)

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back just because it was a good idea.  LOL   :-P

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 1:24 PM

YankeeJim:
    it was a good idea.

Thanks Jim!  ;-)

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 1:39 PM

I is been play with R11 and is say same as the other peoples here, now no more has to change from driver speed to irons speed. I is a misses the ding hitter and they more easy for do this now slower than R11

I is sees to that  the 8 iron more accurates to all distances, R11 not like that.

3 iron it is a little more long, not enough to makes big difference.  

Got 4 iron full hit with all the backspins to stop besides pin on the Bethpage 7, that a first.

Low headwind having less notice than R11

9 iron I think less than full power be replaces mine pitch wedge it so accurates and good

Only first day and just practices rounds but they behave good for me.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 2:23 PM

after a round and hitting them around a little.... they lull you to sleep the meter is so slow and when the meter starting speeding up just before the ding I missed by a mile...takes some adjustment...

the best I have ever been at dinging was when my R11 driver and 3 wood, rocketbladez, and wedges all had the same meter...unless i can find wedges I like with a slower meter I may be going back to the 97's....I'm good with irons and wedges all the same meter but I think I said the same thing when I got them too LOL...

edit: after playing some more with them, I find them very very accurate for a dinger, but not if you hit into the wind a pixel or 2...don't like the slower meter either, can't get used to it...also noticed when the meter speeds up on you and you hit late with the wind the shot is way way off....wasted money and back to my lvl 97 nikes,  they are just as good unless you need the slow meter....

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 6:41 PM

Using the new irons managed a 28 for the weekly unlimited comp at Pinehurst back 9 (moderate wind, champ greens).  Seven birdies on that track is a rarity for me, usually do well to shoot 30 or so.  Was able to land the ball close to where I wanted for the most part, which is essential for scoring there.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 7:54 PM

kilbraur:
    they behave good for me.

Best review, ever!!!

RSS