Forums

Help › Forums

L100 Nike Vapor irons post reviews here

Tue, Nov 17 2015 8:38 AM (113 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 7:35 AM

This way we don't have to wait for reviews to be checked before posting on the equipment reviews and both good and bad reviews will be visible to all.  ;-)

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:25 AM

A thumbs up from me. You can definitely notice more forgiveness. The slower meter takes some getting used to but think that's just an eye adjustment thing.

Have to wonder why they seemed to have made the game easier with the types of scores that are being posted. Anyway, as for the clubs, I think they're good.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:57 AM

The meter speed allows you to set up a bag with the same speed from driver to PW. Not crazy about the slower meter but now that all the swing speeds are the same I don't see that as an issue for me.The CG's are their own speed but those clubs usually have a different mindset and shot when you use them.

Agree on the forgiveness. I still using the 33 Callaway and the tempo feels pretty consistent and those slight ding misses don't seem to kill the distance like it used to.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 10:21 AM

do they make any ball have a vapor trail? :)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 10:41 AM

Misses aren't as punishing.  The slower meter makes it easier to miss on the proper side of the ding according to wind direction and intensity.  It's a bonus that driver and irons are now the same meter speed if one is using the high level R1 or any other driver with 3.5 speed.

Thumbs up here as well.  Now it's all down to the putting.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:04 AM

Nice toys I'm sure but honestly, did we need irons that are easier to hit well?  The scores being posted here are already insane, let's raise a glass to a new level of even sillier ones.

I know this is a bit of a broken record thing with me but, one last time: Where's the risk that should go along with such rewarding clubs?  Why isn't the meter faster than a nun's first curry?  Afraid that would put too many off and reduce sales? 

That cash cow sure ain't looking very healthy, better get it milked quickly.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:16 AM

MainzMan:
    Nice toys I'm sure but honestly, did we need irons that are easier to hit well?  The scores being posted here are already insane, let's raise a glass to a new level of even sillier ones.

FWIW, I don't think these irons are going to lower the low scores here, they're just going to bring more players into the mix. Players that are shooting those low scores aren't going to be impressed. It's guys like Mark and myself that stand to benefit the most and neither one of us is going to set any records because of them.

I personally find them a tad harder to hit because of the slower meter but I'll get over that. Might even go back to the Tour-SD for a bit to see. It's the precision I went after and I'm curious to see just how much of a difference that extra .1 makes.

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:40 AM

mkg335:
      Now it's all down to the putting.

Doesn't matter - I am getting them.  But I will still have THAT problem.

YEEEE - HAWWWWW  66 average here I come!!

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:46 AM

Damian, you make a good point, although I agree with YJ.  These clubs are aimed squarely at us old and slow players.  Will they reduce scores radically?  I don't think so, it's still all about putting in the end.  Will they make the game more fun for the geriatric set?  Probably so.

Harold, I hear ya loud and clear...today's directive:  Splurge and enjoy!

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:46 AM

I like them and the slower meter helps especially when playing cheaper balls that don't have much feel. They may help my score a little but no matter how good the irons are still have to make the putts and that is where I am lacking so these are just for fun for me and I like to try out the new toys WGT comes out with.

RSS