Help › Forums

Free CC Passes Taken Away

Sat, Dec 20 2014 1:26 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 3:09 PM

WGTicon:
    but believe we are moving in the right direction due to all the players' feedback.

99.% pf any feedback I have seen says that should more correctly read.  " we realise we need to start moving in a different direction".  Got to go with the company spin I know, but to WGT pull the other one it's got the bells on it.

I would add that there is only one way to go and that is up, but the Clash (Event) proved WGT continuously find new ways to go lower, and so wait and see.

2014 was highlighted, for me, with PH full 18 course being added.  The new par 3 is more choice and welcomed, but still only a par 3.  Keep that up though and I think that part is v reasonable.

After that though it's been a year of searching for new revenue by by dumbing down:

Easier than ever to real L / TL.  Red tees now mean the old goal of reaching TL can be achieved with little skill (knowledge), and then you get to create your own ridiculous average / great stats easier than ever if you want. 

CC XPs - Larger clubs get more by definition, and so smaller clubs alienated.  Tell me where any economist is saying growth is any where other than the SME sector.  The CC levels reward generally is daydreaming in even the medium term IMO, unless real change is applied. If anything meaningful comes along high up it will be pointless starting a new club, and I can't see being the only game in town discouraging new starts as a good thing?  

Of course relentless play (skill out the window) and buying of passes each round can get any club to good levels, but good luck with that.

VT - Well fine but the multiplay put some off too.  small criticism here though as the cream still floated, just don't let me put you off more (SP) choice:)

CC Event - Well not even a nod to skill, just who buys the most passes wins (nothing), but everybody gets a gnome anyway, and you wonder why you can't get interest levels up enough.  Most people would have a hard time making that up.

2015:

I hope WGT starts to build on it's still fundamentally fantastic platform.  I do think you need to look more at the roots of this still great game though, and develop those more.

New, "real player" tier.  Proper stats, and something for the enthusiast to aim for including the pro shop open a tad earlier.  Many posts on how this can be done by not having to give the shop away away or do anything other than discourage bagging (maybe even help against multi accounting too).  It would open up a potential for more high level equipment being sold generally, and so more room to introduce it too - good for all?

CC Event - Well lets face it it's dreadful to any one who thinks skill should play some even small part..  Personally I would let it run for those that want it, but develop other choices too.  Everything from brackets between CCs (including SP) through to league tables (based on skill) per tier in CCs.  Many great ideas in the forums as well as a super Forum Grand Prix example of a great competition.

For whatever reasons ranging I guess from margins (competition is hardly wading in fast) through to monopoly arrogance this year has not done much for your middle (and certainly upper middle) market.  I think you need to look to that now that you have covered off the non compete but willing to spend to get put on some leaderboard list side.  

The middle market will spend too, but dreaming if you think the 2014 route will grow it.

• spaceghost88
    1,624 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 1:26 AM

Bump ? bogus clash#1 charge refund please also>--> "great points Jimbog1964" +1

• PAGES
RSS