Forums

Help › Forums

LPGA Tournament and a question.....

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:50 AM (40 replies)
  • SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 10:53 AM

Please tell me that the rumor is not true that everyone is hitting from the same tee's. I mean the legends and their big drivers hitting from the same tee as me..........WGT would not be that stupid to give them that kind of advantage would they. I mean the leader boards top players is the who's - who of WGT legends, but that is just because of their skills right? It this is true I am CALLING my new congressman. Seriously, if this is true how blatantly stacked the deck is on this tournament.

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 11:33 AM

I don't know what tees you played in that tournament, I played the gold tees. I would assume everyone plays the same tees, so you have to step your game up if you want to compete.  Every ready-go tournament is stacked against the legends, but someone call their congressmen the MINUTE that legends don't have a disadvantage in a tournament, yeah right.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 11:46 AM

The rumours are true, and it brought so many great memories flooding in of how I used to go low at Kiawah.    

It's for a major prize,  a battle of the best of the best.  Not a battle of the best and not so best! 

Cheers,

b0gey

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 11:50 AM

Get real, I can make that wonderful 255 driver I have compete with a 270+ driver. Congrats to the major prize that will be going to a legend. Either open all the equipment to all or make everyone hit from their perspective tee's. 

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 11:51 AM

That's why we should all be able to use whichever clubs and balls that we choose. Their should be different tours. ya know.. like the PGA. You have to earn your way in to each tour by qualifying and such. When amateurs play the U.S. Open, they don't get a tee-box advantage. The incentive for moving up to the next "tour" would be the Huge difference in paychecks. If a PGA tour guy wanted to step down and play a few Bush League tourneys, then he would have to play from the longer tees. I have not put much thought into this and I would imagine it has been brought up before. Feel free to critique or (expound?) this idea.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 11:54 AM

PGAbound67:

Every ready-go tournament is stacked against the legends, but someone call their congressmen the MINUTE that legends don't have a disadvantage in a tournament, yeah right.

. I hear your argument but I have to say on this one, you have the advantage. I do not play ready-go's so I would not know.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:00 PM

How about we let the Nationwide tour tee up 2 blocks closer then the PGA and award them the million dollar first price.  Come on, seriously?

In 9 more levels you can have the 275 yd driver, so play, level up and see if you can shoot that 56!

Cheers,

b0gey

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:01 PM

SGTBilko:

Typical...block the good clubs from lower people, give everyone the same tee's and some stupid comment like "You need to step up your game!"

Get real, I can make that wonderful 255 driver I have compete with a 270+ driver. Get real. Try to pump all the bull you want into that but this smells...and bad!!!! A major prize for the legends!

YOU couldn't compete REGARDLESS. Your best score of 4 or 5 attempts is a 66...EVERY person on the top of that leaderboard can do better than that from the BLACK tees. It's people like you who encouraged this change in the first place. wah wah wah someone is better than me and it isn't fair. That's life pal, people are gonna be better than you at things, you have to learn to live with it. and 15 yards isn't some HUGE difference in drives, I shot 33 on Kiawah front 9 a couple of days ago using starter clubs and starter ball FROM THE BLACK TEES. So don't give me the crap that your raptures are SOOOO inferior. everyone started out in the same spot after the tiers were implemented, just because someone plays more than you and levels up faster doesn't make it unfair. If you want better equipment, play more rounds and level up, it's as simple as that. Just because it says "Legend" doesn't mean everything is unlocked, we have to level up just like everyone else does.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:08 PM

ohhh.. wait a sec.. I am a Tour Master. Scratch my previous post! I want to tee off from the green and I would also like 3 mulligans per round. A cart would be nice as well...

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:09 PM

your argument is filled with personal innuendos and assumptions that I never stated. I hear your point but disagree.

RSS