rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 27 2014 6:36 PM (29 replies)
  • Stillhere56
    559 Posts
    Sun, Nov 23 2014 11:50 AM

• spudball7
    28 Posts
    Sun, Nov 23 2014 11:53 AM

slow meter balls don't work half the time losing a lot in water and out of bounce and that is when it happens meter go out of control I'm sorry for complaining on this subject maybe you guys getting low on subway sandwitches

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:11 PM

ApexPC:

Internet latency is a moving target.

The Internet slows down during peak usage as latency times increase.

And your internet provider throttles your speed back to keep everything "equal" ... 

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:18 PM

You guys are experiencing packet "time to live" time outs due to hopping (latency/lag).

Game networking is a complex issue and has its' limitations, regardless of the platform being used.

The game downloads certain files to your browser cache. User input info is obtained and forwarded via a string of routers from your location across the internet to WGT's server(s). Then, that input, which includes physics calcs and other data, is sent back to you. Each time the data packet hits a new router on the line, it Hops. If this packet takes more than the specified amount of time in its time stamp it is discarded so as not to keep looping forever.

Most data packets need to go through several routers before they reach their final destination. The more hops, the longer it takes for data to go from source to destination.  Furthermore routers and ISP's might apply different traffic shaping policies to different protocols.

It's the internet 2-lane dirt road causing the issues as well as game networking protocols and debugging.WGT uses a company in the Silicon Valley (datapipe.net) for their servers. 

Run a traceroute (I set this up for you to trace media5.wgt.com - click traceroute...not ping) and you will see what I am talking about. Look at how many hops some of you need to make just to communicate with WGT game servers. If you click on the full page tab..it will give you a better idea of how much time elapses.

Remember this: the shortest distance between two points is a straight line (at least, on a 2 dimensional flat surface anyway). The internet does not follow this concept however.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:35 PM

H =7

MRT = 2 ms

ART = 1 ms

Got 80mb tween connection (up& down)

Whatever. WGT has been slow or very slow over the last 2 weeks, not all the time, but several days. Today is just impossible to play alternates and very slow playing on your own (changing views)

As I mentioned somewhere else before, I have never seen WGT having such connection problems.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Eric

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Nov 23 2014 1:11 PM

With all do respect to the cheerleaders -  That's all a load of horse-sh*t.

I can jump on BF4 and run smooth as silk, no lag, no bad hit detection etc.  I can jump on and race no issues with lag either, no warping etc. Not to say some don't you can see them.

This game doesn't use anywhere or require the networking horsepower that games within those classes. 

Come on, and I'm not ragging on WGT with this, it's just the limitations of what they're using, what they're prepared to put out for player/game performance. 

Stop with the whole 'it's on your end, your connection, your machine, you don't understand the Internet'. Like really? You'd think no one playing this game ever played anything else online. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 7:25 AM

dedBuNNy:

An erudite point, respectfully  made....as per

Pass the bullets '!!

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 7:48 AM

alcaucin:

dedBuNNy:

Pass the bullets '!!

I can't even begin to imagine if this was a FPS game of some sort running MP/DM type of play. Good lord man the forums would implode with rageyness! Like on CSS when you'd get the friggin 'lag switches' running or UrbanTerror with all haxor's on the old 4.1.1 game. 

Speaking of that - How come CC owners can't ban players for being asshats n such?? 

Perhaps that's what you should do here is pass off some of the admin work to CC's, allow them to deal with players who quit, disconnect, harass other players etc. 

Anyone remember crowbar battles in HL2?     Why not 9iron's?

What's the RCON password please!! 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 9:35 AM

dedBuNNy:

alcaucin:

dedBuNNy:

Pass the bullets '!!

I can't even begin to imagine if this was a FPS game of some sort running MP/DM type of play. Good lord man the forums would implode with rageyness! Like on CSS when you'd get the friggin 'lag switches' running or UrbanTerror with all haxor's on the old 4.1.1 game. 

Speaking of that - How come CC owners can't ban players for being asshats n such?? 

Perhaps that's what you should do here is pass off some of the admin work to CC's, allow them to deal with players who quit, disconnect, harass other players etc. 

Anyone remember crowbar battles in HL2?     Why not 9iron's?

What's the RCON password please!! 

You sound very clever regarding computer chat ( and I stress the word sound )

maybe learn to edit / spell  ?

It's due not do !

We wouldn't get along IRL I  feel..

You've been annoying me for a few weeks now TBH

Andy

RSS