Forums

Help › Forums

Legend Tier - Par if your Lucky

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 4 2010 4:57 AM (40 replies)
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 1:13 PM

quote=Longwedge...since then I have been playing on winnings from tourneys and match play challenges...mostly the match plays.

This may be a bit off topic, but looking at your career earnings of $4+ change, doesn't match play winnings reflect not only in your credit account but also career earnings? 

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 1:45 PM

oneputtdavid:

quote=Longwedge...since then I have been playing on winnings from tourneys and match play challenges...mostly the match plays.

This may be a bit off topic, but looking at your career earnings of $4+ change, doesn't match play winnings reflect not only in your credit account but also career earnings? 

No, winnings from Match Play Challenges are not reflected in career earnings.

• DaveHeathcote
    90 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 2:19 PM

tiffer67:

You can stand alongside other happy clappers and be content with what you've got. Nothing wrong with that position.

I however want a better product and fairer prices. I don't see anything wrong with my position either.

I'd say my opinion was the exact opposite of a happy clapper, wouldn't they want free clubs and equality for all?  I was advocating hard capitalism, those who can/will pay get the benefit from doing so and ultimately the market will determine if the price is fair for the quality of the product being offered.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 2:44 PM

Ok Dave, let me put it this way instead. You are happy with the product and price. I am not :^)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 2:55 PM

Longwedge:
    and the 72 every 3rd round or so is keeping my score up as I can see my score go up as a good one drops off.

This is really interesting, assuming what you are saying is correct. Since the update it doesn't work that way anymore, at least not in the Master/TM tier. The higher rounds don't move the average, just the sub par ones and they move it down, albeit at a snail's pace. 

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 3:31 PM

YankeeJim:

Longwedge:
    and the 72 every 3rd round or so is keeping my score up as I can see my score go up as a good one drops off.

This is really interesting, assuming what you are saying is correct. Since the update it doesn't work that way anymore, at least not in the Master/TM tier. The higher rounds don't move the average, just the sub par ones and they move it down, albeit at a snail's pace. 

no...it does go up ever so slightly.  Of course scores can get worse...how do you explain the Masters with 72 averages?  My average was dropping extremely fast...faster than I was comfy with.  I shot some fairly decent rounds...like 4 in a row of 33, 32, 66, 67...and my average went from like 70.1 to 68.4 through the course of a day and I got a bit nervous thinking if I dropped to a 67 I might be made Master.  That's all.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 4:28 PM

Longwedge:
    and my average went from like 70.1 to 68.4 through the course of a day and I got a bit nervous thinking if I dropped to a 67 I might be made Master.  That's all.

That's what makes it interesting. By the looks of it, based on what you're saying, there is a different way of computing the average between Master and  Pro.

I should probably qualify this by saying I haven't shot  more than 4 strokes over my average in a game yet so I don't know what a really bad round would do but I get the distinct impression it is now much harder to manipulate the average and this is a good thing.  :-)

• 000A
    16 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 4:36 PM
    iwb1 your rigth ,anything posiable but Legend Tier is hard from just chating with some legends.also,well what did u predect a"cake Walk" legend is the highist form of golfer on here, so start acting like one.
  • DaveHeathcote
    90 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 11:55 PM
    tiffer, you read me wrong. I too play for free as I am not willing to pay to constantly upgrade clubs and continually replenish balls. However, I accept that this means I am never going to have a average of 60, finish in top 10 of any competition I enter or even be able to reach may of BPBs par 4s in 2 shots.
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2010 3:58 AM

Dave, my unhappiness with WGT comes down to one real issue and that is cost. All the other things that we all complain about will hopefully get sorted in the course of time. I am not the slightest bit bothered about averages and I readily accept that I'll have some good tournaments and some bad tournaments. I never have any expectations of winning any tournament I enter.

What concerns me is that despite the huge numbers of active players WGT has, the company is still not profitable. At least that is what I have read from what financial information there is available. This means they have to increase the numbers hugely from their existing level or get more out of those that are already here. I know they are expanding into more countries and their tie ins with the major tournaments can only help spread the brand globally. This will all help increase the revenue streams.

I hope that as the numbers increase the income from the banner ads increases too and that the company will not be too reliant on the micro transactions for the biggest part of their revenue. If that isn't the case then we can expect to see an ever increasing cost on equipment and balls. That is a dangerous position to be in, the recent apathy towards the Legend ball on the grounds of cost being a prime example.

I want WGT to succeed, they deserve to make profit from a fantastic game. Right now though they seem to have an agenda of how to improve the game that doesn't exactly match the majority of players vision for the game. I hope the two will will get closer to each other in the near future. The last thing I want is for WGT to run out of money but I'm not going to pay over the odds to keep it afloat.

RSS