Forums

Help › Forums

Legend Tier - Par if your Lucky

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 4 2010 4:57 AM (40 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:04 AM

You need to grab a longer driver, imo.  Whether or not you want to keep your V2 irons and 3W is up to you, but every legend should use a driver that is at least 270 yards.

• DaveHeathcote
    90 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:04 AM

tiffer67:
    Very clever of them from a business perspective but corporate greed of this nature sickens me. Were it the case that I had to continually transfer real cash into credits to play this game I would have chucked it by now. That not being the case I continue to play it.

AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Comments like this sicken me.  'How dare a buisness try to put in place a strategy that allows them to gain revenue, make a profit and stay solvent!!!!'

WGT is a business, not a charity for deprived online golf adicts.  You just have to accept that you are gonna have to pay to get all the bells and whistles.  If you want to play for free you have to accept that you are not going to be able to compete with those who are happy to pay.

And no, I'm not in any way involved with WGT other than as a player, I just accept the commercial reality of the world we live in.

• DaveHeathcote
    90 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:08 AM

tiffer67:
    However there can be few businesses around the world that offer an imperfect product such as this and continue to rake in thousands of dollars every day.

On a lighter note, Microsoft????

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:11 AM

LMAO!  Thanks Dave!  Needed a chuckle!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:18 AM

DaveHeathcote:
    tiffer67:
    However there can be few businesses around the world that offer an imperfect product such as this and continue to rake in thousands of dollars every day.

On a lighter note, Microsoft????

I'm making a web site right now, and I'm not even going to try to make it work in IE.  Instead, if the user is using IE, I'm just going to toss up a warning that IE can and will find a way to break the page, so if he wants to see it as it is meant to be seen, he has to go download a real browser.

I seriously tried to find a fix for IE's rowspan bug -- for example, I read somewhere that you have to put in a dummy first row of blank td's in order to fix it -- to no avail.  Once again, I have given up on trying to trick Internet Exploder into doing what it's supposed to be doing.

As almost every web developer knows, of course, these bugs were put into IE on purpose, which is the major difference between Microsoft and WGT.  WGT is a WIP, in the hands of some guys who have some crazy ideas sometimes (although the handicap system might be a sign that WGT is moving in the direction of Micro$oft), and they unintentionally screw up their software, whereas Microsoft does it on purpose to make more money.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:25 AM

DaveHeathcote:

AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Comments like this sicken me.  'How dare a buisness try to put in place a strategy that allows them to gain revenue, make a profit and stay solvent!!!!'

WGT is a business, not a charity for deprived online golf adicts.  You just have to accept that you are gonna have to pay to get all the bells and whistles.  If you want to play for free you have to accept that you are not going to be able to compete with those who are happy to pay.

And no, I'm not in any way involved with WGT other than as a player, I just accept the commercial reality of the world we live in.

Thanks for that lecture Dave but I am well aware of how a business works thanks. Believe it or not though, a business can be profitable without rippin the piss on price. You can stand alongside other happy clappers and be content with what you've got. Nothing wrong with that position.

I however want a better product and fairer prices. I don't see anything wrong with my position either.

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:39 AM

WGTicon:

iwb1,

Thanks for that classic video.

-icon

Just needed to look back on the news section

WGTicon:

I also qualifying for bp18 with those clubs and let me tell you, I felt as great about my 66 as I do about any score i ever shot. Having played with both avatar lee and tibbets hundreds of games together, I know just how good they were.

-icon

The open started not long after I joined.  Tried hard but failed to make the cut. (missed by 2 strokes I think) My hat goes off to anyone who made that cut, but it still blows me away thinking about what Tibbets could do with standard clubs. 

As AvatarLee said it is all down to course management. Both Tibbets and AvatarLee were/are supreme masters of that.

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:54 AM

Actually....I happen to like the game.  WGT has done a pretty decent job of keeping it competitive.  I'm not finding a ton of issues myself...and I've noticed that gameplay can differ from computer to computer, and even if I switch out my mouse on the same computer.  I've heard of some people experiencing 'lag' or 'meter jumping', but I'm going to attribute that to connection speed, which has nothing to do with WGT.

As far as the cost of the game...I really haven't spent that much money...roughly $30 US over the last 9 months...which isn't that much money.  Most of that, $25 or so, was spent all at once on my clubs 6-7 months ago...since then I have been playing on winnings from tourneys and match play challenges...mostly the match plays.

There are some things I would like to see...such as a driving range or putting/chipping green for practice.  Definitely a few more courses that I can stroke play on...but I'm sure all of that will be in the works down the road.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 10:40 AM

BriRock:

ICON DID NOT MAKE THE ABOVE POST...I DID... AND HE/SHE COPIED IT FROM ANOTHER THREAD...NOT SURE IF IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PUT UNDER HIS/HER NAME...BUT IT SOUNDS A LITTLE TOO DIRECT TO BE COMING FROM A WGT MOD...SO I FIGURED I WOULD  WRITE THIS AS TO NOT HAVE HIS/HER NAME SULLIED IN ANY WAY...IF ICON INTENDED IT TO SHOW UP AS HE/HER BEING THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR THEN HE/SHE CAN SIMPLY DELETE THIS POST.

You are 100% right. I was rushing to move them/clear it up and forgot to specify as i did with lee's post.

There were basically 5 threads of same info around forums and I wanted to consolidate it into one and remove duplicate spam.

-icon

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 12:41 PM

I've only been legend for like 2-3 weeks I think, and I honestly like it better. It's not the end. Deccy, you were shooting good #'s from the TM tees with those same clubs, 29's, 30's, and 31's etc etc. I call BS on your 45+ 9 hole rounds as a legend, someone who can shoot 29 from the TM isn't going to shoot 45 and 49 from the legend tees, it's not THAT much of a difference, I'm guessing you shot those numbers in order to gain a bit of sympathy, just my opinion though. I don't consider myself to be anywhere near the level that the top players on this site are, and this is what I just shot on Kiawah front 9 from the legend tees with STARTER CLUBS. You are fully capable of shooting lower than this with the Raptures you currently own. This was in practice mode, so VF greens not tournament speed(not a huge dif IMO, MAYBE 1 stroke), and mod winds. 

RSS