Forums

Help › Forums

Uncle...

Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:17 PM (46 replies)
  • CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:44 PM

CMcCartney727:
    played the 2nd round (one time only) and had the unmitigated BALLS to make EAGLE on the first 2 holes!  That is a CARDINAL SIN in WGT land... You KNOW the screwing is coming when you do that..

LMAO !!

...that is the truth too. You know nothing is going to go right after 1 Eagle, let alone 2 of them in a row.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:59 PM

CMcCartney727:
    That is a CARDINAL SIN

Naw, Giants won the Series...all's good;)

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 10:04 PM

CMcCartney727:

Are there any plans to give everyone the same conditions, so that it's, I don't know... FAIR???  Just played the 18 hole 'freebie on Kiawah with high winds, and had headwinds on the first 12 holes (maybe one of them was a crosswind) before quitting...  joke....

How hard could this be?  Same conditions for every player that enters a tournament.

• shoeshinethis
    1,090 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 10:26 PM

PaulTon:

Hmmm, looks like a discussion about ready goes. And how many have you played?

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 4:15 PM

IRISHPUNK:

How hard could this be?  Same conditions for every player that enters a tournament.

Ah, no... the wind direction varies for every player... then you add in the vem and the lipouts that are inevitable... It is not the same for every player.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 5:23 PM

Par 5 November thing... 3 eagles and 4 birdies through 7 holes... bend over, here it comes!!  Hahaha... Headwind, headwind, headwind, headwind... (only 2 lipouts in the 4 holes though.. my lucky day!)... The best was on the long par 5 from Merion (600+ yards)... Hit my 135 club with 1/3 backspin to a 129 pin downhill... into an 18 mph wind.. it hits a foot from the hole, then releases another 10 feet.. the green slopes UPHILL, it's INTO an 18 mph wind, there's some spin and it's a freaking 9 iron... and it releases 10 feet??  Of course it does... this is WGT and they haven't gotten any credits from me this week!! and the inevitable lipout followed... bite me...

• rqueen
    57 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 5:30 PM

CMcCartney, I know exactly what you mean.  I was playing St. Andrews and on the 17th hole, I had a 10ft putt and 1inch down.  I putted that thing for 9ft and it was making a beeline right for the hole.  About 2ft short of the hole, it suddenly started slowing down like it had brakes on(good brakes too) and stopped 0.2in in front of the hole.  I watched the replay and it did not suddenly slowing down and stopping like it did on the actual putt.  Then it really started getting hilarious.  I had a 0.2in putt and when I putted it, it ran exactly over the middle of the hole and stopped 0.8in past the hole.  These guys can really get funny can't they?

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sun, Nov 9 2014 6:29 PM

Oh, yes they can.  Tonight I'm -6 thru 6 in the Kiawah monthly thing, right in front of the green in 2 on #7, when, OF COURSE, I see something I've not seen in FOUR YEARS of playing this ridiculous game.  I'm sure the fact that I haven't bought any new crap from the pro shop in months has nothing to do with it.  The good news is, it's a FREE tourney!!  I can just hit 'restart'... you clowns...  It's hilarious how this bs happens in a good round...  What are the odds?  When you have a hot start and you're not giving them any money, THIS is what happens...

replay.aspx?ID=972b727c 9046 46bf 8892 a3df00280570

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sun, Nov 9 2014 7:40 PM

CMcCartney727:

When you have a hot start and you're not giving them any money, THIS is what happens...

replay.aspx?ID=972b727c 9046 46bf 8892 a3df00280570

I'm sorry to laugh, CM, but I can't help it...that sucks. I have been in that same spot many times and have never seen that happen with a flop; wasn't it?

You're lucky that ball didn't knock your avatar out.

• shoeshinethis
    1,090 Posts
    Sun, Nov 9 2014 8:19 PM

I hit that same limb over a year ago in a ready go by flopping. I only pitch in that area now.

RSS