Help › Forums

latest update ridiculous

Fri, Oct 29 2010 5:49 PM (120 replies)
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 2:17 PM

Kaslo:
    Not one concern about sand bagging has been addressed

But as I understand it, rounds that would raise the average (i.e. sandbagging rounds to "keep things in check") will now simply be ignored! Hurrah! Your "average" becomes more like a handicap: what you are capable of, not what you are likely to go out and score every day.

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 2:22 PM

Coming Soon (in the next 30-90 days)

◦Concede Hole/Putt in Match Play

◦4-player Alternate Shot format

◦Oakmont available in Ready-Go’s and Country Club tournaments

◦Easier to connect, invite and play with other people

◦New virtual clubs, balls, avatars and snacks

no mention of bug fixes (the latest auto-replay = freeze in multiplayer is critical), more courses, driving ranges/putting greens, multiple saved games, resuming multiplayer games, etc, etc and certainly no mention of addressing MPC sandbagging or the liability of being promoted (especially to legend).

But not to worry children - there'll be new costumes, balls and snacks!!!!

• mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 3:00 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    Yeah, but at least they didn't screw anything up.
    ]

SORRY MY FRIEND U R ONE OF THE BLIND ONES!! EVERYTHING IS SCREWED UP  IN WGT !!   ROFLMAO!!  WELL IN THE PROGRAMMERS BRAINS I SHOULD SAY LOL!!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 3:41 PM

I am slowly reading and will reply where I can.

Clanccon:

Here, here. Why can't you just improve wgt by allowing us to play Oakmount in our country clubs, or introducing new courses quicker? These new "improvement"s are simply ridiculous.

This is on the road-map that was updated today.

seveking:

Doesn´t the 2010 redwood zb putter have exactly the same precision, forgiveness, balance and meter speed as the new ghost putter?

Ghost putter is more precise due to the scales. IE: with 25ft scale, you have more precision putting 20fter than with 30ft scale. same as putting 40fter with 50ft scale instead of 60ft scale. It's not a huge precision increase and you will probably not be able to see real difference on course, but it is there. So, out of next 10 lip-outs, 1-2 would probably fall with this putter.

cyl6:

BriRock:
    Would love to hear whether or not those new legend balls are just as worthless...one of you legend with a bazillion credits go buy them and the new driver and give us some feedback.

I actually tried the GI2-SD2 or whatever they are called. I thought there was some slowdown in the meter, but it wasn't a huge difference (as I thought it might be).  For example, it didn't quite bring the i15 irons to the level of the G10's.

Also, I hit a few "ding" shots into the wind, no spin, and they seemed to be shorter than the regular GI-SD's. Again, no spin (and the spin rating was the same anyway), so it was confusing to me.

C

The new driver is not as fast as i15's but it's somewherein between g10 and i15, so 1 dot slower, makes it closer to g10.

To slow i15's to g10, would require a bit more, but then again, i15's are superior clubs.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 4:03 PM

WGTicon:
    Ghost putter is more precise due to the scales. IE: with 25ft scale, you have more precision putting 20fter than with 30ft scale. same as putting 40fter with 50ft scale instead of 60ft scale. It's not a huge precision increase and you will probably not be able to see real difference on course, but it is there. So, out of next 10 lip-outs, 1-2 would probably fall with this putter.

Never a problem if you use a ruler.  My putting mistakes never stem from not having enough distance increments, but rather misread breaks.

WGTicon:
    The new driver is not as fast as i15's but it's somewherein between g10 and i15, so 1 dot slower, makes it closer to g10.

To slow i15's to g10, would require a bit more, but then again, i15's are superior clubs.

Uh... the pro shop says the new driver is the exact same speed as i15s.  If it isn't, why can't we get the correct stats displayed in the pro shop?  I knew that the meter speed on the starter clubs and Spider putter was wrong, but did not realize the problem affected the higher-level equipment.  I can't be alone in wanting to know what the differences between two clubs are when I go shopping for new equipment.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 4:19 PM

There is quite a significant difference in meter speed between the new driver and the R9 Tri despite the graphic saying otherwise. The merits of the new driver do not outweigh having a different meter speed if you use i15s. It is nice to have your driver and irons as near as damn the same speed, it helps with rhythm. Before spending whatever the hell it was on the driver I would have liked to have known in advance that it was a slower meter. It may have influenced my decision otherwise.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 4:26 PM

CharlemagneRH:

WGTicon:

Never a problem if you use a ruler.  My putting mistakes never stem from not having enough distance increments, but rather misread breaks.

WGTicon:

Uh... the pro shop says the new driver is the exact same speed as i15s.  If it isn't, why can't we get the correct stats displayed in the pro shop?  I knew that the meter speed on the starter clubs and Spider putter was wrong, but did not realize the problem affected the higher-level equipment.  I can't be alone in wanting to know what the differences between two clubs are when I go shopping for new equipment.

No, I think you misundferstood.

It's not the issue of distance but issue of deviation on said distance. For example (and this can really be seen on longer putts)

For example and this is purely out of my head and math doesn't exist but just to make a point

Let's assume that over 100ft putt, there is 5% deviation and with 10 mph side wind, that can get to 10%. Now, that means that your aim for such distance can easily be off by 2 boxes at any given moment.  Now when you get to 20fter, it still some deviation but alot less and when you use 30ft scale to hit 20ft putt, there is a  CHANCE of few inches of deviation. By using more precise putter/scale, you make that chance of deviation smaller.

Yes, about driver, it could be a bit precise in the Pro Shop, I will mention this to the team. But, that's what review section is there for. Someone could say that it is slower than tri driver, hence giving users a heads up:)

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 4:29 PM

Well one thing I can be positive about is the Ghost putter. I have certainly holed a lot more putts than usual this last 24 hours, particularly over 20 feet. The more I use it, the more I am convinced it is worth the money.....

• DiscGolfAddict
    120 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 5:06 PM

I did not see one thing on the roadmap about ....Loading issues.... or... The new " Instant Replay Freeze up thats been happening since the latest update.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 5:18 PM

DiscGolfAddict:

I did not see one thing on the roadmap about ....Loading issues.... or... The new " Instant Replay Freeze up thats been happening since the latest update.

Those are bugs and they are always #1 priority to fix. The ones that inhibit game play. No need to road map those since they are often fixed before new features are out.

RSS