Forums

Help › Forums

Add Your Name if You want the CC v CC Clash Scrapped and Overall Better Value for Money From WGT

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 25 2014 3:24 PM (31 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 12:42 PM

Someone somewhere set up a cc clash versus the Fair Play Golf Club.  Make that the last, we don't want them

I've also advised our club players to NOT buy any more club passes and instead spend the credits on sleeves or sponsor a club competition. I'm advising all country clubs to do likewise.

Add your clubs name to this post if you want the CC v CC clash scrapped.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 1:17 PM

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 2:15 PM

TopShelf2010:
    We, at Bridgestone Golf, are working on a concept of going back to Starter Balls.

Well the red tees will make that pretty easy to use the rocks lmao 

2,111 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 2:51 PM

Sorry but I disagree!

I think the idea of the CC vs.Clashes is basically a very good idea, that will certainly require time for WGT to sort out!  It's so easy for us to find fault and send in negative responses, to what is obviously a new and I think in time a really positive moved on the WGT Development teams part.

Let's cut them some slack people and at least give them some time to fix and smooth   out the problems.  Frankly, if any of you think you can do a better job, how about coming up with something better!  Bottom line is - there is nothing better out there and frankly, I've always found the WGT Customer Service Folks try their best, even if sometimes the answer is please stand-by!  lol

Phil

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 2:59 PM

777999:

Sorry but I disagree!

I think the idea of the CC vs.Clashes is basically a very good idea, that will certainly require time for WGT to sort out!  It's so easy for us to find fault and send in negative responses, to what is obviously a new and I think in time a really positive moved on the WGT Development teams part.

Let's cut them some slack people and at least give them some time to fix and smooth   out the problems.  Frankly, if any of you think you can do a better job, how about coming up with something better!  Bottom line is - there is nothing better out there and frankly, I've always found the WGT Customer Service Folks try their best, even if sometimes the answer is please stand-by!  lol

Phil

I agree Phil.  Or at least have to use one Club Pass for unlimited play.  It is so easy to complain about this clash, yet I give them an A for effort.  I like the starter ball idea very much.

Gary

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 3:01 PM

theres plenty of community organised tournaments that are FAR more thought out and run MORE efficiently and with more integrity than ANYTHING wgt has brought out.

alberto/carlos tournaments, corwyns tournaments come straight to mind.

and previous to those were coolswings tours, and jimbeans tours.

all of which could/should have taught wgt how to actually run tournaments.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 3:08 PM

777999:
    I think the idea of the CC vs.Clashes is basically a very good idea

Really how is it a cc vs cc in any way ??????? When you have to compete with all wgt cc clubs (for a real prize that is )

If you win all of your matches you win what.....nada cause the clubs with 5 times the members you got wins out 

They need to go back to the drawing board to rethink  this idea cause what they have is total crap

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 9:15 PM
    What say we calm down and give it a chance. Hopefully WGT will learn from their mistakes and come back with a better product. There are too many headless chickens posting on these threads in my opinion.
  • ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 9:54 PM

It's not even a competition ffs!!  Maybe a competition between 250 member clubs with deep pockets but that's all.. I see nothing in this venture worth salvaging. Go back to the drawing board.

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 10:41 PM

In my opinion WGT has a good concept but it was poorly executed. I am from a club of 50 members, we will never be more than 50 members because we like the small club and every one is pretty close. That could never happen with a 250 member club, so we will never be able to compete with the likes of the bigger clubs in the format that WGT is using now. I would like to propose that WGT Limits the number of passes used in a clash, or better yet give the CC owner the passes for him to give to his members that he or she wants to play in the clash. Yes I know WGT's pockets wouldn't get filled this way but I think it would be a way to make things fair. This would allow a 50 member club like mine to compete against another club that has 250 members.

As far as the Max rewards for winning the clash I think is  totally unfair. WGT is giving superior clubs to superior players. What is next a driver that goes 320yrds with a meter of 9. All this will accomplish is the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer. 

I don't think it is a good idea to give out far superior equipment that is unreachable by normal wgt players. The equipment does  help separate  great from good players. It is already  difficult  enough to play against good players when there drive are ten to  fifteen  yrds longer. 

Just my thoughts!

RSS