Help › Forums

New Feature Coming... CC Clashes

Sat, Apr 22 2017 4:11 PM (136 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 8:55 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Inter CC brackets single play brackets might be a good addition

I think this is what we were suggesting awhile back.  We have our 16 player cc v cc brackets. That idea could have been for credits or for free,  if the Owners/Club put in a small wager  eg 100crs for the winning club.  That 100 credit winnings could go into our CC Bank.  

A 24 hour timer on a bracket also means we don't have to have time zones. Any cc v cc can play there games and not worry about time zone difference.

-Roger

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 9:21 AM

I think ill stick to the simple CC vs CC matches that the owners put together ..... I sure got a headacke reading those rules

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 11:23 AM

Jimbog1964:

Inter CC brackets single play brackets might be a good addition.  I also fully accept I may not have the whole picture. 

I agree Jim, it can't be too hard to set one up so that players from the 2 different clubs are automatically placed one after the other.  In other words, if the first 3 players to enter are all from club A they are assigned positions 1, 3 and 5.  One club gets the odd numbers, the other the evens.

This clash system sounds to me like a way to sell more passes.  Obviously it isn't strictly necessary, each player could play only once.   There's no real reason not to do this.  Same as there's no reason not to play with starter gear.

Other than you won't be able to win.

Sorry WGT, I like the idea but as it is this is just a credit grab.   Make it so that everyone can only play once and I'll give it my vote though.

• PringleCraig
    609 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 11:24 AM

Jimbog1964:

Some one is banging the table with crazy sales targets shouting growth, and especially with "consumaBALLS"

lol

• 2funtoyz
    66 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 12:14 PM

I like a bracket match idea, with so many from each tier being allowed to play against each other based on the number of members the CC has.

Say each club is allowed 1-? members to play from each tier, depending on the size of the CC, but if only part of them actually play, you are losing points. This might cause CC's to expand, and to have new, lesser experienced players in their CC, and not be so exclusive.

Perhaps have a 12 hr clock on it for each match, allowing for 4 matches on a given weekend. Even having a different player playing and just advancing the CC not the player, allowing more to play each weekend, only allowing one player to play a selected number of times bases on the CC size in each tier.

But the prizes, some countries and states don't allow it, that might be tricky.

• grumpyolddom
    384 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 5:40 PM

MainzMan:
    This clash system sounds to me like a way to sell more passes. 

I agree MM. It would be impossible for a small CC to compete against a larger (richer) CC, The larger club would just buy out the clash (if every club member can shoot.).

MainzMan:

user="Jimbog1964"]

Inter CC brackets single play brackets might be a good addition.

This would be a great idea and they could use the modified Stubblefor  handicap system just like in the clash that way the time difference would not matter. And we would be able to shoot any tier level player. And the scores( points) would only be posted after the round is over. Something like this would be a lot fairer and more competitive. And can be set as free or some amount of credits for the CC to place in their bank.  

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 1:37 PM

Thanks for all the feedback.  Timing individual matches is very difficult so we are going to tackle that in the future.  The addition of free Superpasses is our attempt to balance the skill of small clubs and make them closer to the larger clubs since a small number of players can make a big difference.

We are going to run a test event soon and we look forward to your constructive feedback in making it more fun.

2,111 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 1:50 PM

Any CC v.s CC venue sounds great to me!  Match, bracket any thing at all and sure, the notion of a 100 credit of more challenge just sweetens the pot!  Go for it WGT, make this happen!!!

Phil

• Idunn75
    79 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 3:19 AM

Sounds like fun!  I can't wait.  A lot of worries in this thread will dissipate, I'm sure, once this thing gets rolling.  Keep at it, WGT!

~Cheers~

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 5:01 AM

mantis0014:

WGTdbloshoe:

Woodoworkery:

OK , so the Owner of the club chooses which players participate. I was thinking all members that wanted to play could play.

If that is correct ,whats the number of players that will be allowed to play from each club? 

All members could play but only certain members will have the Superpass and this will be decided by the owner.  Owners choosing players would be beneficial since you have to use a pass to play.  So if everyone played in the first 6 hour clash,  then no one would be able to play in the next one unless you purchase more passes.

- WGTdbloshoe

I think the CC Clashes are a great Idea in this type of concept, but.......

......IMO, the thing that kills it is the Pass/Superpass to enter/play.   

Ok, we can use our passes to play, but the the thing I don't like is we have to purchase more passes to keep playing. It might be ok for me, but not very good for my cc members as most of em are not too financial.  Lots of buts there....lol.

This means that clubs like mine will have to Pass on these type of comps...lol

Are we all trying to overthink this type of new competition.  It's basically like a R/Go with teams. If the Players are financial, then they (as in CC's) can move onto bigger and greater things.  The Rich get Richer type of thinking.

Or am I overthinking it myself?

I still think the CC Clashes are a great idea....  just the Pass's have got me a bit worried

-Roger

Agree 100%. This is just a blatant attempt to get cc members to buy more passes. 

RSS