Forums

Help › Forums

New Feature Coming... CC Clashes

Sat, Apr 22 2017 4:11 PM (136 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 11:39 AM

So this is a overview of the new feature CC vs CC aka Country Club Clashes.  Feedback welcome.

Feedback on new Club Clashes

We're finalizing details on our new Country Club vs Country Club feature, aka Club Clashes.  Since this has been a top-requested featured from many top players and Country Clubs, we wanted to get some early feedback here on the forums. Below is  an overview of how Club Clashes will work.

We'll start rolling this out in Oct, and incorporate your suggestions as we go, so please let us know what you think...

What are Club Events?

Compete head-to-head against other WGT Country Clubs for fame, glory and new rewards including some of the best equipment in the game!  WGT will start running Country Club Events, typically over a few days like a weekend. During a Club Event, country clubs are matched against other country clubs in what are called Club Clashes. The club with the most total points from their Clashes will win the event.

What are Club Clashes?

Club Clashes pit one country club against another for a limited time, during which the members in each club attempt to earn the highest number of points for their club. Members score points by playing and scoring the lowest possible strokes on the featured course(s) during the Clash (we will use a modified stableford scoring). The club with the highest combined score at the end of the Clash wins that Clash and earns an additional Win Bonus that is added to the club's total points for the event to determine the rewards.

How do you determine which club you compete against in a Clash?

We try to match you to the closest club to your club's skill level and available for a Clash.  We will be tuning this match-making over time to improve the experience.

How long do Club Clashes last?

Once a Clash has begun between two clubs, a timer begins counting down to show how much time is left in that Clash.

How do I compete in a Club Clash?

Once your country club is engaged in a Clash, a popup message will alert you it has begun. Enter the Club Event by going to your Club's Homepage and clicking the Club Event Banner. Compete in a Club Game by clicking the Play Game button on the Club Event main page. Participating requires a Club Pass or Superpass.

What are Superpasses?

Superpasses can be used by eligible players to play in a Club Game. A Superpass allows a player to compete in a game, plus provides a score multiplier.  Leveling up your country club will unlock additional Superpasses (see Country Club XP above) and Superpasses cannot be purchased.

Who can use Superpasses?

The Club Owner has the ability to select the minimum player title required to use a Superpass, which is located in the Owner Tools section on the country club community site. For example, if this permission is set to Member, any players ranked Member or higher will be allowed to use any available Superpasses.

How do I score points for my club?

Clicking the Play Game button on the Event Home tab will start a new game. Completing a game before the Clash ends will earn your club points based on your performance. Play and win as many games as you can during the Clash to score the most possible points.

How does Club Game scoring work?

Stroke play scoring is based off of a modified Stableford system. Points are earned per hole, counting strokes taken relative to par as follows.

What can my club earn from playing in a Club Event?

There are a number of new rewards a Country Club can earn in an Event, which are called CC Rewards and include:

-          A limited number of special MAX CC Rewards equipment with top in-game performance

-          Special limited edition Tournament Tee Box markers to be used in CC tournaments

-          Special limited edition Tournament Flags to be used in CC tournaments

-          Speed Boosts

-          Club Passes

Who receives CC Rewards?

-         Most CC Rewards are awarded to all  country club members who participated in the event, but some are only for members selected by the CC Owner, like the special MAX CC Rewards equipment.  Unless otherwise noted, a single MAX CC Reward item is available for each event. WGT will contact the winning owner after the event and ask who in their club should receive the MAX CC Reward item.

- WGTdbloshoe

edited

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 12:09 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

What are Club Clashes?

Club Clashes pit one country club against another for a limited time, during which the members in each club attempt to earn the highest number of points for their club. Members score points by playing as many of the specified game type(s) on the featured course(s) as possible during the Clash. The club with the highest combined score at the end of the Clash wins that Clash and earns an additional Win Bonus that is added to the club's total points for the event to determine the rewards.

Just quantity then, not score???

WGTdbloshoe:

How do I compete in a Club Clash?

Once your country club is engaged in a Clash, a popup message will alert you it has begun. Enter the Club Event by going to your Club's Homepage and clicking the Club Event Banner. Compete in a Club Game by clicking the Play Game button on the Club Event main page. Participating requires a Club Pass or Superpass.

These will be free????

WGTdbloshoe:

How do I score points for my club?

Clicking the Play Game button on the Event Home tab will start a new game. Completing a game before the Clash ends will earn your club points based on your performance. Play and win as many games as you can during the Clash to score the most possible points.

Take it this answers my first above.  How do I know who I am playing against each time? No point playing if the other one gave up trying??

WGTdbloshoe:
    Play and win as many games as you can during the Clash to score the most possible points.

Eagerly await more details over pass / superpass cost.  Rest of it sounds like a dreamland ball burning exercise, just from what I can see???????.  Hopefully that is not correct as not getting involved in that.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 12:18 PM

Score does matter ( we have modified the description to be more accurate).

Club passes are free, same as they are now.  The games are based on a modified stableford system so you get points based on what you score.  That will be what is used to determine who wins. I think it should be a fun competition for clubs and being able to play as many games gives smaller clubs a chance to compete with larger clubs.

- WGTdbloshoe

edited

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 12:22 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Club passes are free, same as they are now.

Now they are only free every 12 hours right???

CC clash requires each CC member (or a good number of them) playing several / many times if likely for the CC to win??

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 12:28 PM

What are Club Clashes?

Club Clashes pit one country club against another for a limited time, during which the members in each club attempt to earn the highest number of points for their club. Members score points by playing as many of the specified game type(s) on the featured course(s) as possible during the Clash. The club with the highest combined score at the end of the Clash wins that Clash and earns an additional Win Bonus that is added to the club's total points for the event to determine the rewards.

am i right in thinking it's just a case of keep playing the courses and types of games over and over to attain points.

if thats the case ,it's not a "clash" of CC's just a unlimited comp where the CC that plays the most wins.

hope i've misunderstood

Mike

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 12:30 PM

WGT is spinning off the marketing department ...IPO coming soon.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 12:31 PM

Jimbog1964:

WGTdbloshoe:
    Club passes are free, same as they are now.

Now they are only free every 12 hours right???

CC clash requires each CC member (or a good number of them) playing several / many times if likely for the CC to win??

Superpasses will also be available, which are free also but only a limited number per Clash.

- WGTdbloshoe

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 12:31 PM

So you have multi games to play over the time limit,and it cost a pass to play each game?

Am i understanding that correctly?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 12:32 PM
    I welcome any new competition but this does sound a little complex.
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 12:51 PM

Unless I'm misreading this proposal, it sounds like a somewhat shallow attempt to increase quantity of play, and not the true Country Club clash that I'm sure many people are hoping for!

There is a crying need for a mechanism to make CC vs CC matches more manageable. The typical scenario is for club officers to try and set something up, matching people based on Averages, and then letting them figure out themselves if there's any way to overlap. And then the event grinds to a halt when players realize that they've been matched with someone with no playing overlap at all (and note, time zone is only part of the issue; depending on what time of day one can play, you may have better overlap with players halfway across the world).

When I first saw this suggestion, I hoped (wishful thinking, I know) that WGT might tackle the whole issue of Time Availability and enable genuine MP events between CCs (not 'blind' brackets if that's even what this new proposal is suggesting).

I hoped the plan was to establish some form of line-up (like a bracket, but pitting one CC's members against another's) but with a tool in place at sign-up that invited prospective players to submit their local playing times for, say, the week ahead, which the tool would then convert into WGT time and display in a way that showed who could overlap with whom. I know this sounds impossibly ambitious, but we've developed such a tool for community-run tourneys (see this Chart from the UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst thread). Thanks Rac!

With something like this in place, perhaps the initiating club owner (i.e. the person who set up the CC challenge) would then define the matches based on that information.

If WGT could pull off something like this, that would be a substantial addition to the gameplay options here.

RSS