Forums

Help › Forums

***Downtime Tonight 9/30***

Fri, Oct 3 2014 11:35 PM (145 replies)
  • tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 10:49 AM

ForeverHackin:

Ok, I just tried Cabo again and I see that it has reverted back to requiring 40 Credits to play. 

Are these courses now NOT going to be offered for free?

That really sucks. Had everyone thinking what a great thing WGT has done, now like getting smacked in the face. Very VERY bad move.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 10:53 AM

It's funny now but I never noticed that the display screen could be moved down. Move the pal buttons up or at least, make the scroll bar more noticeable.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 10:54 AM

ForeverHackin:

Ok, I just tried Cabo again and I see that it has reverted back to requiring 40 Credits to play. 

Are these courses now NOT going to be offered for free?

And disapeared of practice.

Forget to play them for free.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 10:55 AM

Stobsbee:

WGTadmin:
    stevepsheehan:
    One of our CC members is reporting some sort of "white zoom bar" at the bottom of his screen. I'm NOT seeing this - is anyone else?

Edit: Zoom Bar visible in IE, but not in Chrome.

I really wish WGT could give us a breakdown of just what changes have been implemented when they do maintenance, rather than have us all scrabbling around trying to play "spot the difference". So frustrating :-(

Steve

The reason your member is seeing this bar is because players that use IE 8 and above, before this release, were seeing a URL at the bottom of the game client. This URL was covering up the swing meter and causing players to have issues with their shots. We made some adjustments so that the players can see the entire meter.

@WGTAdmin or any other WGTPerson.

Please can you provide an answer to the second part of Steve's post which I have highlighted. Why after an update it it always left for the members to try and find out what has changed. After any update, as soon as the site is brought back on line, you should either post in the forums or in the WGT News page what has been changed and what new equipment has been introduced. It is now more that 12 hours since the update and what information have we had from WGT, Nothing.

We give breakdowns as soon as we can.  I will be posting a full breakdown shortly.

- WGTdbloshoe

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 10:59 AM

ArgyleScott:

It's funny now but I never noticed that the display screen could be moved down. Move the pal buttons up or at least, make the scroll bar more noticeable.

It has been brought up, I agree, it's a good suggestion.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/250784/1823485.aspx#1823485

• stevepsheehan
    2,791 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 11:10 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

We give breakdowns as soon as we can.  I will be posting a full breakdown shortly.

- WGTdbloshoe

Or better still, WAY before you implement any changes, how about asking us what we think first?

Something along the lines of:

"Hey guys, we're considering dropping a big green splodge over your power meter, so you can switch Shot/Putter Pal on and off... good idea huh? What do you guys think? "

That sort of approach might just save your over-worked programmers a lot of fruitless and pointless effort.

Just a thought :-)

Steve.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 11:15 AM

TarheelsRule:

I would think you would look at how things work before commenting on them but to each their own.

The issue that folks complained about with shot and putter pal was that you had to go offscreen via the options to turn it on and off instead of just having the ability to click a button to turn it on and off which basically just allows you to save hits when you don't need it, like on a full drive.

I assume this is directed at me. I'd think you'd try to understand a suggestion before commenting on it, but to each his own.

My suggestion addresses all issues.

1. Those who don't want to see the toggle don't have to.
    2. Those who do want to see the toggle may.
    3. Since the "show" toggle option is on by default, those who do not know how to turn off Shot/Putter Pal via Menu options will be able to use the toggle to turn off Shot/Putter Pal from the game screen, thus saving WGT having to answer the umpteen support requests for "how do i turn it off".

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 11:27 AM

stevepsheehan:
    Or better still, WAY before you implement any changes, how about asking us what we think first?

Because players in the forums are only a minority of the players on the game.  If we did it this way, you would vote down a idea that may benefit a lot of players who do not know about the forums or do not read them often.  We appreciate all feedback but basing decisions on just the forums would not work.

Release Notes - http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/262023/1887909.aspx#1887909

- WGTdbloshoe

• AliciaVH
    241 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 11:29 AM

The problem with that change is that now I have that annoying oval impeding my vision (for switching on and off the shot or putter pal).  I can't stand using those anyway....they are way too busy and just mess up my shots more than anything.

So now, instead of being able to just keep them off, you have put those oval blobs on the end of my meter and I can't get rid of them???  What a horrible change that was for those of us who do not ever like to use shot pal and putter pal.  PLEASE do something so that me and the many other people who hate this can have those hidden...or at least moved out of the direct field of vision on the meter!!!

Otherwise, now WGT is going to start to get "umpteen support requests" to answer the question of "how do I get rid of those annoying oval blobs for shot and putter pal that are messing up my game?"

• PringleCraig
    609 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 11:30 AM

Thank you for your "changes'.....

WTF.... now all of a sardine, the same balls I pay hard earned cash for, are now a faster meter ??????

Come on WGT Engineers, get with it !!!

RSS