Forums

Help › Forums

***Downtime Tonight 9/30***

Fri, Oct 3 2014 11:35 PM (145 replies)
  • tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 1:30 PM

Fixing them is giving them to us to play for free, then start charging again?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 1:37 PM

I like the idea of the button, just not where it is. I use the shot pal for my wedges , so I only turn it on just for that,then shut it off.

Can they just set it up, so we can drag it, to where we want. Just an idea

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 1:45 PM

Jimbog1964:
    You covered part of the meter with the dayglo green splodge that is the shot/ putter pal button.

I finally got around to playing today. (Real golf in AM.) Looks like it isn't green anymore. That's a plus. Heh. My homemade putter/shot pal covers it up nicely. (Post - it)

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 1:47 PM

YankeeJim:

WGTdbloshoe:

stevepsheehan:
    Or better still, WAY before you implement any changes, how about asking us what we think first?

Because players in the forums are only a minority of the players on the game.  If we did it this way, you would vote down a idea that may benefit a lot of players who do not know about the forums or do not read them often.  We appreciate all feedback but basing decisions on just the forums would not work.

Great answer, never thought about it that way.

But if your a dedicated player ,you do read the forums

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 1:58 PM

JimbeauC:

Jimbog1964:
    You covered part of the meter with the dayglo green splodge that is the shot/ putter pal button.

I finally got around to playing today. (Real golf in AM.) Looks like it isn't green anymore. That's a plus. Heh. My homemade putter/shot pal covers it up nicely. (Post - it)

It's only green if you have it turned on, nothing's changed.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 2:00 PM

Woodoworkery:

YankeeJim:

WGTdbloshoe:

stevepsheehan:
    Or better still, WAY before you implement any changes, how about asking us what we think first?

Because players in the forums are only a minority of the players on the game.  If we did it this way, you would vote down a idea that may benefit a lot of players who do not know about the forums or do not read them often.  We appreciate all feedback but basing decisions on just the forums would not work.

That is totally not true.  I personally play many games daily that I never once have looked at the forums.  Some players have no interest in public forums.  I would never want to lump players who don't read the forums as not as dedicated. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• TamaraGolfer
    1,091 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 2:00 PM

If they don't fix this issue (getting rid of or moving those annoying shot and putter pal tabs), I am quitting WGT.  I just played my first round since this change and it wasn't even fun because it was so distracting and harder for me to eye up where I was bringing the meter for my distances.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 2:07 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

Woodoworkery:

YankeeJim:

WGTdbloshoe:

stevepsheehan:

That is totally not true.  I personally play many games daily that I never once have looked at the forums.  Some players have no interest in public forums.  I would never want to lump players who don't read the forums as not as dedicated. 

- WGTdbloshoe

Sorry ,but I disagree. If  you play and care about the game you definitely look at the forum , you may not reply, but you take a look to see what's going on. Could be an open tourney, free rental,new courses,new clubs, trust me you look

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 2:07 PM

This really affects peoples shot making so much?

I like it.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 2:18 PM

mkrizan86:
    It's only green if you have it turned on, nothing's changed.

Ah. Well, I guess I'll only see it green after cache dump. 

You know. I might just use Shot/Putter Pal, if the marks were just a couple of pixels at the bottom or top. Those lines make the meter seem to almost strobe. 

One big advantage to the Post - it is that I don't have to use a calculator on every putt. I just have a different one for each green speed. 

RSS