Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Changes - Please update roadmap!!!

Fri, Oct 29 2010 3:58 PM (42 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 5:38 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    That's fine; I won't talk about it other than to say this:  It is not a theory when the only possible alternative is, in fact, impossible.
    Are you sure you have all the facts?  I'm pretty sure you don't.  Therefore... still only a theory.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 5:50 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    That's fine; I won't talk about it other than to say this:  It is not a theory when the only possible alternative is, in fact, impossible.
    Are you sure you have all the facts?  I'm pretty sure you don't.  Therefore... still only a theory.

As requested, I'll keep it out of this thread, but should you care to argue the point, you are welcome to do so in the thread dedicated to the topic.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 6:36 PM

Charle...as one of your "most" avid "admirers" (that hurt!). I would ask you as a gentleman to refrain from injecting your opinion or creating "any" strive on this particular topic as posted by A.Lee.

I believe when the top two players, Lee and Bollox ask WGT for anwsers to concerns we all have, WGT will respond. See Sky's reply this post. Lets just take this one step at a time and not try to ramrod everything at once.

Thanx to ALee for stating his concerns with this thread.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 6:38 PM

SGTBilko:
    2. Empty cahce and flash cache daily

Contrary to popular opinion... don't do this.  See WGTNiv's blog post about this subject for more info on when to clear your caches.

let me modify that, I clear out the flash cache except for the 3 files that are specific to WGT. Thanks for pointing that out Avatarlee!

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 12:34 PM

oneputtdavid:
    WGT will respond. See Sky's reply this post. Lets just take this one step at a time and not try to ramrod everything at once.

I am afraid that WGT will not respond. Seriously we have been asking WGT to keep it's members updated for as long as I've been here. Look at the facts, posts that should be locked immediately go on for days before someone finally takes note and locks them.

The mere fact that WGT can't even keep a simple thing like their update announcement with current information speaks volumes.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 6:35 PM

Hello WGT

We are still waiting for an answer here. Of course WGTSky didn't bother to read this because his response did not address or answer even one question raised by Avatar Lee. 

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 7:35 PM

Kaslo:
    I am afraid that WGT will not respond. Seriously we have been asking WGT to keep it's members updated for as long as I've been here. Look at the facts, posts that should be locked immediately go on for days before someone finally takes note and locks them.

Yes, I am glad you brought that up. WE have a poster, whose name I shall not repeat, who continues to change a topic and smear Israel. I sent 9 abuse letters to WGT over a 3 day period before they stepped in and locked the thread, but failed to take down the outlandish posts. i sent them a copy of the senders wall where someone congratulated the poster and told them to keep stirring the pot, but that same poster continues at every chance to go into a thread, change the topic, and do their dirty work. WGT does not seem to care.

Another thing, about 3 months ago or so I bumped into a 90 avg am who immediately birdied the first 3 holes at beth page. After the game i went to his profile, and sure enough he was a member for over a year, had won money, tournaments he is shooting in the 60's and loves to play match for money. I notified WGT,and of course i got the usual answer. "we will look into this, and thank you" Last week, just for kicks, I went back to his profile, he is still 90 am, still shooting the lights out of the tournaments, has a match play winning percentage of over 80%, beating Masters like they had never played this game. I again sent WGT a letter, and again I got the reply, "thank you and we will look into this"  I am still waiting for their investigation. They really do not seem to care. WGT, IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE YOU CLEAN UP YOUR DIRTY HOUSE AND PROTECT YOUR MEMBERSHIP

Enough for tonight

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 8:09 PM

CharlemagneRH:

blackbeard:
    AL - re your points above, I can only think they have addressed the accelerator points with the daily bonus, but it would be a pity if that was all.

I'd also say that the handicap system can be crossed of the list as that is covered by the fact that players now tee off from different tee boxes.

IMOTBHBBQ, WGT's priorities should be:

#1 Removal of Deviation Prediction Exploit (30 mins - 3 days of work)
    #2 MPC Anti-Sandbagging Algorithm  (1-3 days of work)
    #3 New Equipment (2-5 days of work)
    #4 Fringe Putting (1-3 days of work)
    #5 Fix Stats (1 day of work)
    #6 Expand Leaderboards (3-10 days of work)
    #7 Putting-only version of Blitz (2-5 days of work)
    #8 Multiplayer Reconnect (Sounds cool, but let's face it, most of them don't want to reconnect anyways)
    #9 New Course(s) (hopefully something that can be done asynchronously)
    #10 Save/Share Scorecards (???)
    #11 Iron Swap (???)
    #12 Driving Range / Putting Green (???)
    #13 Removal of dead body from behind BPB #15 (10 mins)
    #14 Shot-Shaping (???; It "sounds" cool, but I'm afraid of change!)

/crackwhip !

#1 Sorry Charlie. I really like the beast. you cant hit perfect shots in real golf and I dont want to hit them here either. The community has a hard split on this issue. Its been beat to death.

#2 yes (not a high priority to me.

#3 yes especially legend quality clubs.

#4 definatly yes!

#5 ?

#6  eh  not a big deal

#7 Absolutly

#8 yep agreed but would be nice for league matches.

#9 Yes top priority

#10 exactly

#11 eh

#12 if not that then the ability to drop and place and hit mulligans in practice mode.

#13 lol

#14 thats a moral imperitive...lets add moving the ball in the tee blocks too.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 10:00 PM

x1524807:
    Yes, I am glad you brought that up. WE have a poster, whose name I shall not repeat, who continues to change a topic and smear Israel. I sent 9 abuse letters to WGT over a 3 day period before they stepped in and locked the thread, but failed to take down the outlandish posts.

Cry about it, mate.  I don't take threads off-topic more than anyone else.  You could make a smug comment about how I was accused of being off-topic in this thread, but the only reason why AvatarLee accused me of straying off-topic in this thread was because he either does not believe the exploit exists or, if it it exists, does not want to see it fixed.  Personally, however, it's important to me that WGT look into it to determine whether the the exploit exists or not, and remove it if it does.  In that sense, it is very on-topic in a thread about upcoming changes and changes that are desired by users, but it just so happens that the OP doesn't want to discuss that specific issue, and I agreed to drop it, contenting myself only with saying that should he ever want to debate the existence of such an exploit, he could hop over to the thread about it.

At any rate, why do you hate freedom of speech, mate?

Also, not that I'm looking to get your post swept under the rug or anything, but you do realize that your post is by far the most off-topic post in this thread, right?  If you want to complain about it, I think it would be more appropriate to raise the complaint somewhere else.

x1524807:
    i sent them a copy of the senders wall where someone congratulated the poster and told them to keep stirring the pot, but that same poster continues at every chance to go into a thread, change the topic, and do their dirty work. WGT does not seem to care.

Never happened, mate.  The wall post was recently deleted for reasons completely unrelated to your assertions, but it did not in any way encourage me to troll, instigate arguments, etc.  Somebody said they agree with what I say on the forums.  Is that a crime?

danohi50:
    #1 Sorry Charlie. I really like the beast. you cant hit perfect shots in real golf and I dont want to hit them here either. The community has a hard split on this issue. Its been beat to death.

That's not what #1 is referring to.  Although I don't want to see deviations increased and see the game become a luck-based game, it is about something slightly different, namely the conclusions that I came to in another thread about how some people have possibly been successful in finding out, before their shot, how much to the left, to the right, etc. their shot will deviate from where they aimed it, which they are able compensate for.  Some believe this exploit exists, but others do not.  I, myself, would like for WGT to look into it.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 5:00 AM

CharlemagneRH:
    Never happened, mate.  The wall post was recently deleted for reasons completely unrelated to your assertions, but it did not in any way encourage me to troll, instigate arguments, etc.  Somebody said they agree with what I say on the forums.  Is that a crime?

'NO CRIME COMMITTED, JUST A LIE. YOU ARE WHAT IS CALLED IN THIS COUNTRY -----

"A SH-T STIRRER

RSS