Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Changes - Please update roadmap!!!

Fri, Oct 29 2010 3:58 PM (42 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 6:07 AM

Hey WGT...  I haven't been around much lately but I just wanted to say that the lack of communication with your player base is actually becoming a huge concern to me and I'm sure to a lot of other dedicated players... Is there anybody home or are we just aimlessly drifting in the night.... Just wondering... what are the plans?  Not everything can be classified as military level TOP SECRET, can it?

You can start by updating this:

Last updated: 8/19/10

In an effort to keep you more informed of upcoming product releases, we have published and regularly update a list of planned features and changes, organized into two categories—“Coming Soon” and “Roadmap Features”.

Coming Soon (30-60 days)

• Experience Levels
    • Additional tiers for players
    • Multiplayer Closest to the Hole format
    • Pro Shop improvements (sorting and filtering)
    • Mobile payments for U.S. and international markets (purchase credits with mobile phone) ?? don't know if this happened...
    • New avatars ?? don't know/don't care
    • New clubs

Roadmap Features

• Objective System for daily tasks <- what is this... where is it on the map now?
    • Objective System for Country Club tasks <- what is this... where is it on the map now?
    • Experience Point accelerators <- what is this... where is it on the map now?
    • Ability to save and share scorecards<-where is it on the map now?
    • Leaderboards for game statistics<-where is it on the map now?
    • Shot-shaping and stance controls<-where is it on the map now?  This is by far the most critical update that needs to happen YESTERDAY.... IMHO.... I know it's not easy but damn... People (including myself) been calling for it for at least a year and a half!!! What is the deal...
    • Handicap system <-  meh... okay sure... where is it on the map now?

And what ever happened to stuff on the player suggestion list like:

• Concede putt/hole in match play
    • Reputation tracking
    • Left-handed play
    • Ability to reconnect to multiplayer games
    • Lobby to chat and find players
    • Ability to swap out Irons for other clubs
    • A pony
    • Driving range & putting green
    • A Pony

Some of these were even on the Roadmap at one point and actually dropped off!!

Now I know you are probably busy shooting up another course or something... which is great if that's the case!  But these other things need to be addressed as well!  Even if it's an official response like "We don't feel that (fill in feature here) will be beneficial to the current state of the game" or "We are actively working on (fill in feature here) and will update the status in the coming months/weeks/days" or "We have shelved (fill in feature here) because (fill in PR explaination here)"

Anything to help us see what the general direction of this game is....  ANYTHING!!! Throw us a bone please.  Give me a reason to come back when RL gets back to normal.... because there's not much reason to right now.

Thanks for listening... At least I hope you're listening....

P.S. The pony can be swapped out for a horse, ox, cow, bigfoot... whatever... I'm easy...

• CrankSpanker
    41 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 6:19 AM

Agreed, More Communication from WGT and its loyal customers is needed.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 6:43 AM

agree, new kia pins used to be on there too IIRC.

edit- I'd love to see  REALISTIC FRINGE PHYSICS added to the list of upcoming features too.  Having the ability to hit the ball somewhere between 4" and 12 feet of power from the fringe doesn't seem like asking that much.

• EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 6:55 AM

and who the hell cares about all this new stuff, havent seen 1 thing about stoping the lag, WGT just keeps adding more stuff to cause more lag, why not make it more simple and less lag, and dont tell me its my comp. my comp is probably better then what WGT use's, if ya gona upgrade, upgrade the range balls as you call starter balls,not many players even use the expensive balls anymore they use the range balls, me and my friends we got tired of paying for balls when 1st or 2nd shot the meter stops right at click of mouse and ball ends up out of bounds or lost in the weeds, if i recall i have always seen the real pro's look for there balls in the hazards and if not out of bounds they will play the ball but not here on WGT golf its just considered lost, what a bunch of bull s**t, just another example how WGT are money oggers only after our hard earned cash, and the only players who will bat against my post are the ones who have money to spare ,

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 8:09 AM

Great post Lee....it will be interesting to see if there is any response, but I do not believe there is anybody at home

• christomento
    31 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 9:20 AM

I only want a pony only if it's a unicorn that farts glitter

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 9:33 AM

AvLee - thanks for the great post - hopefully it gets the ball rolling. Was just remarking the other day that things had gotten fairly stale, and was considering taking a long break until something changed.

C

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 9:43 AM

AL - re your points above, I can only think they have addressed the accelerator points with the daily bonus, but it would be a pity if that was all. Next question would be, what happens when we reach the maximum level (assuming there is one), what benefits are there for high levels etc etc.

• nickolijj
    277 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 9:50 AM

Great post AvLee. As Cyl mentioned many of us are finding the game becoming a bit stagnate. If nothing else, at least keep members updated more frequently...I don't think that is too much to ask. I think it would ease the mind of many simply knowing not only that our voices are heard, but WGT is trying to improve the game as it is, and making an effort to add courses, clubs, features, etc.

J

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 9:52 AM

blackbeard:
    AL - re your points above, I can only think they have addressed the accelerator points with the daily bonus, but it would be a pity if that was all.

I'd also say that the handicap system can be crossed of the list as that is covered by the fact that players now tee off from different tee boxes.

IMOTBHBBQ, WGT's priorities should be:

#1 Removal of Deviation Prediction Exploit (30 mins - 3 days of work)
    #2 MPC Anti-Sandbagging Algorithm  (1-3 days of work)
    #3 New Equipment (2-5 days of work)
    #4 Fringe Putting (1-3 days of work)
    #5 Fix Stats (1 day of work)
    #6 Expand Leaderboards (3-10 days of work)
    #7 Putting-only version of Blitz (2-5 days of work)
    #8 Multiplayer Reconnect (Sounds cool, but let's face it, most of them don't want to reconnect anyways)
    #9 New Course(s) (hopefully something that can be done asynchronously)
    #10 Save/Share Scorecards (???)
    #11 Iron Swap (???)
    #12 Driving Range / Putting Green (???)
    #13 Removal of dead body from behind BPB #15 (10 mins)
    #14 Shot-Shaping (???; It "sounds" cool, but I'm afraid of change!)

/crackwhip !

RSS