Forums

Help › Forums

Meet and Greet IRL (In Real Life)

Thu, Oct 9 2014 5:18 PM (38 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 4:34 AM

josephk2317:
    That is a cool idea, to actually meet the WGT players on here in real life to play a round of real golf or other activity.

Thanks Joseph.

I thought this thread would be more popular, but we seem to have a hard time keeping it on the front page as silly threads like "Who Will Have the Last Word" still seem to dominate and prevent threads like this from reaching the masses.

Keep in touch and let us know if you hook up with any fellow WGTers for a round IRL.

MC

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 5:51 AM

Here's an idea that might help generate interest MC. 

In the WGT Player search select United States then a menu of States comes up.

Select Rhode Island and click search.  I got a list of active members from RI.

Availableabornsmith USA 100 Master 65.50
    AvailableFatherofGolf USA 95 Legend 68.60
    Busykdave USA 96 Master 69.73
    BusyKMS63 USA 93 Tour Master 63.48
    AvailableNImbruglia USA 71 Tour Pro 70.64
    Busyshamrock49 USA 95 Legend 60.17
    BusyTomofri USA 60 Master 72.00
    BusyVenomz69 USA 68 Master 68.80

If you visit their profile page and make a wall post with a link to this thread you might get some interest.

You could also scan the list of RI members looking for high levels who might not be on-line but by visiting their profile page you could tell if they are active.

Just an idea....

Andy

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 11:16 AM

Andy.... Good idea, I went to see and at 10:00 am EST out of 7 pages of players in RI I noticed two things.

1-  6 people playing

2- More Hacks than any other teir types.

I was shocked about the second.

MA. has more 'HACKS' in the State House than the entire roster of MA, RI & CT combined in here.

Then it occurerred to me, perhaps a few of those moe- rons golf IRL.

Also the inactivity of the WGT players was equal to the activity of MY EMPLOYEE'S at the State House. What an epiphany.

It still is a good idea though. Not many to choose from according to their histories.

thanks for the help. Now I have something else to do.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 12:14 PM

andyson:
    In the WGT Player search select United States then a menu of States comes up.

Andy-

You're the man! Thanks for the info, I didn't even know it broke it down by states like that,  as I rarely use the player search function.

I guess I was just hoping for an active player/ forum reader to chime in. I did have someone post on my wall that he lives north of me, I'll reach out to him and see if he's up for it.

Stay tuned.

MC

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 2:07 PM

Yeah, that's a very good idea. I've used that function in the past to see who's actually on playing the game. Would help me to set up match play games knowing what tier to choose to better my odds at a game session. And it works great by checking the tiers first before creating a match play session in your area.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 6:25 PM

I just moved from McDonough, Ga. to Covington,  Ga. About 25 miles from Atlanta. Any body want to swing a stick, just let me know. I am off of I20 headig toward Augusta.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 7:42 PM

I've heard trucker's "War Stories" about Covington,Ga. in my field of work. Seems you don't want to bobtail into Covington on a Friday night. Or you will be looking for a load to haul out of there for the weekend. Which is really hard to come by if you need to leave the yard for dinner or any shopping. You go to the back of the line when you return. And if the dispatcher does not like you, well you'll be stuck there till Monday morning or later.

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 9:03 AM

josephk2317:
    in my field of work.

The question begs to be asked joseph...  Do you take your clubs with you in case you have to wait for a load. The reason I ask is, last time I was out a couple of weeks ago I saw a rig (no trailer) at the course I was at and knew it was not allowed to be over nighting there. If so, you have a unique opportunity to see-play quite a lot of the countries courses. Are you a long hauler or a somewhat set route hauler?

Good way to stretch the muscles and keep fit, and not have to simmer over a DH dispatcher. After he - she hands you your manifest you can shoot back a "Thanks for the favor. Just played a great game while you were stuck inside the lock up". ;)

just pray they have a short memory..

Also, Andy I was not being facetious about thanking you. I did not realize one can change the tier levels to find more online players. Sunday at noon time >>>>>
    13 legends
    6 tour masters
    14 masters
    9 tour pros
    10 pros
    4 amatures
    These are the ones playing (not hidden) and the #s look like real players, not sandbaggers.
    So thank you again. I see that Mrcaddie has figured this out also. No big surprise there. Also a good tool as joseph said as well to play against people that will help ones average rather than playing for .5 or less on St A.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 9:18 AM

renniw52:
    Covington,  Ga.

Been there one time will not go back lol 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 5:27 PM

Thanks for telling me now, all moved in. Damn my old squirrel hide anyways.

RSS