Forums

Help › Forums

Meet and Greet IRL (In Real Life)

Thu, Oct 9 2014 5:18 PM (38 replies)
  • Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 3:36 PM

"Hey Gary, does Icon play? He's about 45 mins east of me, maybe we could find a fourth and meet where I am. Seems to be a good middle ground.

Let me know."  quote

MC

We offered a few times ...he's very busy...

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 1:28 PM

Fuzzygazz:

"Hey Gary, does Icon play? He's about 45 mins east of me, maybe we could find a fourth and meet where I am. Seems to be a good middle ground.

Let me know."  quote

MC

We offered a few times ...he's very busy...

Icon is like a hermit.  Can never get him out of the house.  He always finds a excuse.  It's too cold out, it's to hot out, I am washing my hair, or whatever else pops into his head.

- WGTdblsohoe

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 7:51 PM

Come on folks.....who wants to play golf IRL?

Tell us where you're from.

MC

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 11:26 PM

Well Mr. Caddie & Mr Shoe, I live on Cape Cod. If you are comming to the east, now is the perfect time to see picturesque Cape Cod with it's off seasons rates on Hotels as well as 14 courses within 30 minutes of my abode. I would even consider driving to CT. just to see the look on Mr. Shoes face after seeing the face he has had the dubious task of moderating. :) .

I would be the one wearing navy blue pants with pink whales on them with a smile from ear to ear to have the pleasure of shaking the hand of one of the very few people on this planet that wields the power to shut me up. LMAO. Honestly Shoe I guarantee you would be saddened immensely for doing so after meeting me. Also at the same time understand why you must. Once in a while anyway.

I am by no means a scratch or handycap golfer, However I play enough to keep comming back. Last outing was just under bogey by 4 strokes.

But alas, there are many that will say in PM's I'm sure, that you would be crazy to do so.  Short sighted, no sense of adventure. Time & travel may well be a factor as well.

There are all your outs. I try to make things simple for others.

I do not believe you to be the type of persons to be swayed by others as your responses in this venue are fair & very ballanced when needed.

Mr. Caddie I also would like to shake the hand of a person that is very giving towards others. One never befriends enough real givers in life. Even if your comment the other day about comparative giving was a tiny bit off the real reason of giving, I most certainly understood from wence it came from. The bottom line is that you have core values of giving for the sake of it. That is very rare indeed.

So even if you both cave, fold, collapes etc, under better judgement , Gut feeling or the ocean of "are you %$^&ing crazy",, that will surely follow, I can honestly say thanks to you both for your help & guidance in this virtual world. Boy you both would have stories to tell your grandkids. Not to mention your friends in here. My intentions are honest and not thread killing. So there you go Mr. Caddie, I have always heeded the call to a worth while cause.

Maybe a friendly wager for $100.00 for credits for your Santa thing this year.

Win or lose you get all the credits anyway.  ;-)

Good luck to any and all you guys or girls, you pull this off with.

Joe      <*{{{{{{-(

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 5:41 PM

ithurtswnipee:
    I live on Cape Cod. If you are comming to the east, now is the perfect time to see picturesque Cape Cod

Hey Joe-

I love the Cape! I spent my summers there back in the early 70's, and you're right, this is the best time of the year to visit.....all the tourists are gone! Whenever I visit now it's always in the Fall and I always head for Chatham, I love that place.

Fuzzygazz is just west of me, maybe if we hear from someone from Rhode Island we could all meet up there and get a game in. I know of a great course there that would be a nice place to play.

ithurtswnipee:
    I would be the one wearing navy blue pants with pink whales on them

I'll break out my "Nantucket Reds" to wear (if they still fit) if you wear your pink whales.

ithurtswnipee:
    Maybe a friendly wager for $100.00 for credits for your Santa thing this year.

You got it. I have something really big planned for Christmas this year and I hope you'll join us again playing Santa.

Also, thanks for your understanding about my comment about the gift giving, it was written off the cuff and in defense of my friends Yancy, Opy and Doc, who have done a lot for the community.

Keep in touch.

MC/Wayne

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 11:46 AM

I posted this in another thread, but wanted to put this here also.  We really want to start pushing some IRL golf events.  Whether it is just players getting together at a local Muni or a WGT sponsored event. 

"We also heard that players don't want to travel so far in the US and from Europe, so we're going to encourage WGT players to hold their own smaller regional events, like a golf outing, happy hour or meet-up, that WGT will help promote and support by sending them free stuff, and see how that goes."

I personally am trying to get the ball rolling with a in person get together in NY/NJ area.  I will also try and get a Foursome going at a local course here in the Bay Area.  I hope players will also try this out.

- WGTdbloshoe

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 5:54 PM

Bump

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 7:34 PM

Hi Wayne. I somehow got mixed up in another thread. Confusion is a plausible defense I assure you.

mrcaddie:
    this is the best time of the year to visit.....all the tourists are gone!

Can I get an Amen on that one? ;0)

mrcaddie:
    I have something really big planned for Christmas this year and I hope you'll join us again playing Santa.

I can't imagine how you can top last years, however I have no doubt you & the others will. I would consider it an honor to be of help again. You can spill the beans in RI.

mrcaddie:
    defense of my friends Yancy, Opy and Doc,

One can never go wrong in defense of true friends. Good, bad or indifferent friends stand together, or fall apart.

Let me know the details, if a fourth can be found, great. If not no sweat. Contrary to many beliefs I am pretty easy going. {;<)

Well MOST of the time.

Best to all

Joe

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 10:51 PM

Any Rhode Islanders out there that want to play?

MC

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 12:16 AM

That is a cool idea, to actually meet the WGT players on here in real life to play a round of real golf or other activity. I am currently putting together a round with some of the players I know here. Especially the one that introduced me to WGT 3 years ago. Looking at two courses at this time in East Orlando area. Fairways which is located near U.C.F. and Winter Park (Pines) golf course. Both are rather cheap to play if you walk them. And they are easy to walk; don't even need a full set of clubs to play them. So anyone near me can reply on my profile page and take it from there. My work schedule keeps me from playing during the week, but early morning on the weekends is doable. But not to early, I work till 11:00 pm...lol      

RSS