Help › Forums

Kilts are still Brits

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 30 2014 12:14 PM (61 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 5:27 AM

craigswan:
    Both alex salmond and Nicola sturgeon have no children so they don,t care about the next generation just themselves .

Daily Mail headline today:

Childless SNP chiefs 'who have no feel for UK family': Leaders of Scottish National Party 'want to break up Union because they do not understand families', it is claimed

So the Mail, Andy Irvine and Steve Munroe agree with you, or perhaps vice versa. 

I think this is just silly, it could be worse but I wont go there as I'm bored with writing things that are deleted (by who I'm not informed, but can guess).  The Scottish Conservative leader and prominent better together campaigner Ruth Davidson is a *** and has no children, does she not care about future generations?

If you really are interested Nicola Sturgeon has given many interviews on this subject, not sure about Alex Salmond.   

Perhaps it would be better to ask why some politicians (or rugby players) don't support the health service, state schools etc by using them and sending their children (if they do have them) there.  That would be caring for future future generations.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 5:37 AM

Sorry: I didn't mean to use a forbidden word, it is the word she used but it's maybe seen differently in different places.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 6:05 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Perhaps it would be better to ask why some politicians (or rugby players) don't support the health service, state schools etc by using them and sending their children (if they do have them) there.  That would be caring for future future generations.

Would love to open that one up, but not here.........Just a golf forum:)

• craigswan
    31,005 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 11:44 AM

It,s obvious guys why politicians and rugby players do not use the health service and state schools .

They have the money to use private health doctors and money to pay for private schools and the best universities to  keep their decendants  earning the most money in the best jobs.

They then do not have to mix with the riff raff of our level .

You would do the same in their circumstances .

And I didn,t vote no with extra powers . I just voted no .

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 2:05 AM

So they don't care about future generations they care about their own kids, and in doing so make things worse for future generations by helping take away more of the best teachers, doctors and nurses.  They are the people responsible for making sure the public services provide the best.

Your attack, while shamefully aimed only at the SNP, was on people without that personal decision and therefor it could be said with more freedom to act for future generations. 

All  I was trying to show was there are political decisions that have an effect, having children or not is personal, could be for any number of reasons, and doesn't.

This wasn't about how you voted it was about another press led attack on the SNP leaders that you joined in with.  There are other politicians without children and it doesn't matter anyway is the point.

and before you come in Jim, I know it's not about golf and I know you think this thread should end. 

• craigswan
    31,005 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 2:23 AM

I have no problems with adult debates - golf or politics.

But can we all be grown ups .

But you started it .

no i didn,t it was you .

I,m gonna tell my mum on you .

See if i care .

Quick run .

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 8:56 AM

Geez, more smoke.  The Daily Mail started it and you parroted it.  It was a cheap and personal shot, albeit a fairly typical one.  I don't see how it's childish to point out this was what I was responding to not how you voted.

Loving your sense of humour, if that's it again.   

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 9:09 AM

How does the healthcare and school system  work in Canada and England?

I know you pay higher taxes for them, but as mentioned, if you opt out for private healthcare/schools do you get a tax break or still pay the higher %?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 9:56 AM

fatdan:
    How does the healthcare and school system  work in Canada and England?

Very high level (too high probably but space).  The idea is that healthcare is free at the point of delivery for all.  There is a private option but this is small, and in no way to comparable to the way the US is set up.  I am not so sure on the Canadian private medical provisions, but fundamentally they also have the basic free at point of delivery, no debt whatsoever incurred.  So yes wife has a C section it's free etc etc etc....

UK Schools are also free, but there is a big private sector (public schools).  Big debates rage as to why so many public school kids end up in the best jobs - networks and class systems part of that debate.  But then how many very senior board directors in NYC come from Harvard so never get away from it completely.  My brother went to a state school same as me.  He is now head of a very old quintessentially english school so things are not regimented way some think perhaps....you get the drift.

Veering to politics now but fundamentally I firmly believe the UK NHS is a wondrous thing, and should be protected.  Of course I am sure we all agree all children should also receive first class education too.  I am at least right of centre but certain things must stay as free to all IMHO.  You mentioned tax but some would say the US is known as the land of cheap guitars, and hardly affordable health care.  Not trying to be rude saying that and every one wants less tax, but has to get paid for somehow and overall I don't see the tax burden as the issue - I will avoid getting started on how the tax can get wasted:)

Australian health care is more of a mixture between US / UK, but even here seeing a doctor is free.  Education here is also a bit more of a mix but basically free (at point of delivery as ever).

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 10:22 AM

Is there a set "fee"/"tax" or is it based on income...

no offense taken, every healthcare system has it's up's and down's...it certainly isn't cheap here and I know Doctor who had his son who recently graduated from Med school, change his career...he went back to Dental school to get in the "Dental Implant" business so to speak...according to him our Dr.'s in the very near future will be making 1/3 of what they used to if they are good...

RSS