Forums

Help › Forums

MIA - Where are they?

Sun, Mar 12 2023 8:08 PM (439 replies)
  • stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 1:44 PM

Alan,  one name on your list has resurfaced.

Williamricker,  has rejoined after a lengthy absence

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2015 2:47 AM

stevereilly:
    Williamricker,  has rejoined after a lengthy absence

Thanks Steve, and welcome back.

ScottHope:
    I can't help thinking whenever I read this thread that we should all remember to include some of our passwords in our wills.

As morbid as it may sound, not a bad idea. Should something drastic happen to me, only a couple of friends on WGT would find out (and neither play WGT now) so probably would just become MIA.

opyeuclid:

Riddle me this Bat Man .   I know of 3 players  (  H  ,  P  , T  )  that are not part of the forums . / game 

And that is a good thing .

Not quite sure what this means but appears to be a vendetta or childish crap (or both) so I would appreciate if you left that out of this thread. Cheers

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 11:32 AM

I was just clicking through my friends list and got to 2DAMFLASHY, I know he hasn't been on for a while but then I saw a post on his wall which said RIP and my heart sank.. I know from what he put in a pm to me a while back that he had some health issues, but he was glad be around and felt that each day was a bonus to be enjoyed.

I'm very sad to read that message on his wall, god bless you 2DAM if you are no longer with us. : (

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 12:07 PM

I was wondering where 2DF had been, if this is true very very sad news indeed - perhaps someone in the know could give some details.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 12:15 PM

alanti:

I was wondering where 2DF had been, if this is true very very sad news indeed - perhaps someone in the know could give some details.

If 2 Dam was Dave Marshall Clark Jr. then I am afraid to say he has passed on. He was a FBook friend of mine but I got mixed up with his real name and player name, so didnt post anything in here.

Edit - mkg knows him too and posted RIP on his wall. Seems I was right, I so wish I wasn't.

A sad loss.

Rest in Peace my friend

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 2:07 PM

So sorry to read this about 2DF.  Rest in Peace my friend.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2015 12:14 PM

PaulTon:

If 2 Dam was Dave Marshall Clark Jr. then I am afraid to say he has passed on. He was a FBook friend of mine but I got mixed up with his real name and player name, so didnt post anything in here.

Edit - mkg knows him too and posted RIP on his wall. Seems I was right, I so wish I wasn't.

A sad loss.

Rest in Peace my friend

Sadly I have had confirmation from a good friend of Dave's that 2Damflashy was indeed Dave, and did pass away.

RIP Dave, you are missed my many.

EDIT - It would be nice if WGT could have a tribute page....but I also understand that it is hard to police and verify.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2015 7:53 PM

***, was always lookin' for a game with him that just never happened. My sincere condolences to friends an' family. He will be missed.

Doc :(

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2015 4:02 AM

Another very decent one that left for the other side too soon.  

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2015 8:33 AM

That really is sad about 2DF, he was a great guy to have around.

I just checked up on an old name, once a very famous one in fact.  Runwme.  Rather strange though, he appears to have done nothing for ages as his activity list is empty.   Apart from 1 item, becoming friends with someone on August 17th this year.

Either he popped back on long enough to accept it or he sent it to the other player years ago and it has only just been accepted, I don't know whether friend requests have an expiry date.  The really odd thing is, the other player also only has that 1 item on their activity list.

Whatever, he'll always be remembered by a lot of us for his many, many, many, many restarts and hours of play at Kiawah before finally posting a 49.

RSS