Forums

Help › Forums

COUNTRY CLUB GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT

Mon, Sep 18 2017 3:08 AM (839 replies)
  • pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 4:29 PM

PIEROLITFIBA   vs   ALLYKENNEDY

I contacted Ally and we'll play this Friday at 3.00 PM (4.00 PM zone time italy)

Good luck Ally

bye

Carlo

• jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 4:38 PM

I have been in contact with Moosetaya and we are set to play Monday at 6pm Eastern.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 4:43 PM

pierolitfiba:

But 'if the problem persists Fmagnets also in re-match at this point Mutambo have every right to claim the win.

I'd perhaps disagree with this bit. What if the problem is not at my end at all, but I happened to be the one receiving the disconnection penalties because it was my shot at the time? There are plenty of tales in the forum of players who deliberately cause disconnection problems in their games to get the opponent disqualified. I'm not saying this is what happened here, but to implement a rule that would benefit someone doing this would not be wise. Much better to restart a game, quickly play back to where you were (and with the same score) using the concede hole option, and carry on the match. Completing the match at all costs should be the priority, not awarding it to one player or the other just for the sake of getting a result.  

On a more positive note, this is what I was able to do with the time when we were supposed to be completing the match - UEL Cabo 53.

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 5:46 PM

For future issues like this, I suggest to rule'em like WGTLS do, as below. For disconnections within the first 3 holes, the match has to be played again. Bye

Disconnection Rules
    If a player disconnects from a WGTLS Match 9 ladder game after 3 holes have been completed, the remaining player MUST wait for the disconnected player in the resume lobby the full 5 minutes. If the disconnected player does not return the following applies ... 

1. If the game was a tie at the time of the disconnect, then the game is called a draw. 

2. If the disconnected player was currently winning, then the game is called a draw. 

3. If the disconnected player was losing, then disconnected player should report a loss as being the score at the time of the disconnect 

• kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 5:47 PM

fmagnets:

pierolitfiba:

But 'if the problem persists Fmagnets also in re-match at this point Mutambo have every right to claim the win.

Yes he would have every right to claim the victory. But if that's how you want to win a game. You need to have a very long hard look at yourself.

• Faruk
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 6:18 PM

@ Affo

Andy,

Hope you got my earlier message, I didn't see any reply yet. Let me know if you can play this Sunday Jan 11, let's fix the time at 4pm EST. If you can then I will invite you to Blitz.

I need your confirmation. Thanks.

Faruk

• RichJohn
    364 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 8:46 PM

Match play won by Roaddawgstyle over Stevietwotimes  3 up 2 to go.  Thank you for including in the results. 

08 Jan
    roaddawgstyle defeated stevietwotimes in a 18 hole match play game on OAKMONT CC.

RichJohn
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 8:51 PM

stevereilly:

@Shankette,  thanks for being so flexible,   it is a very hard match up to arrange, with players involved from the US, Australia and UK.

@Alberto,     the Alt shot match between Aphrodite and Bridgestone is scheduled for 2pm GMT ,Fri 9th.

Shankette:

stevereilly:
    Would Friday 9th Jan , 2pm  be a good time with you guys ?

...   yes that was 2pm GMT

As I understand it 2PM GMT is 8AM CST.  I can't speak for Bryan (Buckthebuck), but I will not be available to play until after 5PM CST (11PM GMT).

I have yet to hear back from Bryan.

Ro

[Edit] I have moved a few things around on my schedule.  I just hope all others can show tomorrow.  Fingers crossed  X

OK. Had a message on from Butthebuck that  this time does not fit (half not long story half short and effect anyway).  I am just relaying that out of courtesy.

Steve is the team captain here, and so if we may I will continue to work through him.  Please keep correspondence through him / here to keep that one point.

He has my time frames, and so could you guys relay to him a good couple of times you are OK with.  I suggest we all work on GMT and let that be the responsibility of the teams to work out what they are to that.  I would imagine Steve is still asleep now ( I am  way ahead GMT).  Butthebuck said the weekend was out, but anyway leave it as that, and unless I hear anything before at least 2 hours of the above schedule I will take it as this is off.

Anyway posted here out of courtesy and all I know.  

Cheers

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 9:09 PM

jsweetcr:

WOODEN TEE   vs   FUTURE GOLF CHAMPIONS

faberv/perla66   vs   jsweetcr/bhoese

Appears that weekends during the morning/midday for us and afternoon/evening is going to work best.

I will confur with Ben, but believe this Sat or Sunday around 10 or 11 am Central time, my time, 8 or 9 WGT time, will be a viable option

Yes, this will be a good time.  

• mutambo1975
    273 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 11:31 PM

@alberto and @fmagnets and @carletta and @pierolitfiba

Buongiorno a tutti,

ho letto questa mattina, perché ieri sera dopo aver lasciato il mio messaggio sono andato a dormire, qualche post e volevo solo specificare/chiarire alcuni aspetti. 

Sono entrato a far parte di questa comunità nel 2011 e sfido chiunque a trovare qualsiasi aneddoto o situazione di scorrettezza o malafede da parte mia nelle centinaia di MP giocati o di Alternate...... Premetto che non sapevo che fmagnets stesse riprendendo live la partita, da parte mia per giocare una buca erano passati quasi 20 minuti e giocare 18 buche in quella situazione sarebbe divenuto per me deleterio (mi alzo la mattina presto e iniziando la partita alle 22 ero già al limite della mia lucidità mentale....) quindi ho ritenuto corretto lasciare un post (non avevo neanche letto quello lasciato da fmagnets) e poi sono andato a dormire.

Detto ciò ribadisco e confermo la mia volontà a ripetere la partita senza alcun problema con fmagnets che ritengo se non il più forte giocatore attualmente negli stroke uno fra i primi 5 al mondo, quindi l'onore e il piacere di giocare con lui sono intatte e propongo a fmagnets di giocare questa sera (venerdì 9 sempre allo stesso orario).

Grazie per l'attenzione e buona giornata a tutti.

Hello everyone,

I read this morning, because last night after leaving my message I went to sleep, and I just wanted to post some specify / clarify certain aspects.

I became part of this community in 2011, and I challenge anyone to find any anecdote or situation of misconduct or bad faith on my part in hundreds of MP played or Alternate ...... I state that I did not know that fmagnets resuming live the same game, for me to play a hole had been nearly 20 minutes and play 18 holes in that situation would become detrimental for me (I get up early in the morning and starting the game at 22, I was already at the limit of my mental clarity .... ) so I thought it proper to leave a post (I had not even read the one left by fmagnets) and then I went to sleep.

That said, and I repeat I confirm my intention to repeat the game without any problem with fmagnets I believe if not the strongest player in the stroke currently one of the top 5 in the world, then the honor and the pleasure to play with him, are intact and I propose to fmagnets to play tonight (Friday 9 always at the same time).

Thanks for your attention and good day to all.

RSS