Forums

Help › Forums

COUNTRY CLUB GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT

Mon, Sep 18 2017 3:08 AM (839 replies)
  • AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:41 PM

Ciao Carletta.

Io mi sono connesso e ho visto l'ultimo pezzo di collegamento offerto da fmagnets.
    La partita si è interrotta per problemi di connessione, e non per mancata volontà da parte di fmagnets.
    Inoltre, nonostante quello che dici, assistendo allo streaming (dopo l'interruzione della partita) si è visto che fmagnets è rimasto connesso per circa 30 minuti ininterrotti, mentre Mutambo si vedeva offline.
    Da quello che ho visto io si capisce che Calogero ha scritto il post e poi si è disconnesso, pensando che fmagnets non fosse disponibile, invece di aspettare la risposta che fmagnet ha dato dopo pochi minuti.

Come ho già postato, invito i due giocatori a ristabilire un'altra data e a chiudere un occhio sul problema verificatosi.

I will translate for clarity sake.

From what I was witnessing through fmagnet streaming and the sequence of messages on the forum, it is pretty clear that Mutambo wrote the post and disconnected, probably frustrated by the situation, and went offline.
    At the same time I saw fmagnets sticking around for at least 30 minutes, replying on the forum and being available.

Game interruption has nothing to do with fmagnets good behaviour, so I am asking both players to reschedule, closing an eye on the issues they encountered.

Carletta also suggested that the streaming migh impact on game connection.
    I do not know this, what I can say is you can still try and stream, but if problems arises again, just play with no streaming (I would love to see the match myself, but if it is not possible, so it goes). 

Well, right now it's 11:40pm in ITA so we will probably hear back from Mutambo "tomorrow" ITA time. 

-abq-

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:47 PM

@Carletta

What is the Time frame, when do matches have to be completed, have we enough time until next Friday Sat or Sunday, i cannot seem to find where the timeframe for this round is 

Gladdo

• moosetaya
    1,583 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:50 PM

moosetaya:

jcgfree:

@ Moosetaya;

I have sent you a friend invite. Once you accept I will give you the days and times I am available which is pretty much any day and time. I am retired and in Central time zone.

Jc, I am in the eastern time zone and am available most evenings after 5pm EST and open for weekends. Just let me know

JC and I are scheduled to play our match on Monday 1/12/15 at roughly 6pm EST.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 3:02 PM

rata78:

@ russellfahey & Ragefire

we are available every day except Monday from 22:00 (italy time) onwards .

we look forward to your response.

Yourself and i tried to get it arranged for tonight,but alas your pard never came on line.As discussed in our pm's,this weekend will be out of the question.I propose that we try and get this played next Tuesday at 10pm GMT 11pm your time.

Hopefully this will be agreeable to you both.

Regards 

Russell

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 3:03 PM

@alberto and @mutambo

Thanks for explaining the situation. I will continue to try and stream my matches live to ensure fair play and to show exactly what is happening when situations like this occur. If this causes repeated problems I can just record the match and post it afterwards for all to see.

I would recommend adopting a code of etiquette for matches. The 3 disconnects rule is a WGT rule, not a rule of golf, and can randomly affect one play or the other unfairly (and is usually WGT's fault!!). I think if connection issues arise, it is much better practice to try and complete the match in every way possible. For example, if WGT keeps throwing a player out until the 3 disconnects limit is reached, both payers should restart a new game but play back to where they were, conceding whatever holes are necessary to recreate the same score they had before when they get back to where they were before in the match. I will always attempt this when playing a knockout or CC match, as it is not gentlemanly to try and claim a match based on connection issues.

And perhaps if connection issues make a singles match impossible to get through, the next weekly single play 18-holer could be used instead. What do the organisers think of this? Thx

• carletta
    741 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 3:13 PM

Ok Alberto...domani i due si ricontatteranno e rigiocheranno la partita....nessun problema....Calogero non poteva sapere che Magnets non riusciva a collegarsi ....ha preso atto solo della squalifica dello stesso da parte della WGT...caso chiuso...se mai è esistito....volevo invece chiederti il tempo massimo fissato per questa fase...potrebbe essere fino alla fine della prossima settimana o prima ? questo per rispondere anche a Gladdo che me lo ha chiesto...grazie per la consueta efficienza...Tony

• Shankette
    1,571 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 3:20 PM

stevereilly:
    Would Friday 9th Jan , 2pm  be a good time with you guys ?

...   yes that was 2pm GMT

As I understand it 2PM GMT is 8AM CST.  I can't speak for Bryan (Buckthebuck), but I will not be available to play until after 5PM CST (11PM GMT).

I have yet to hear back from Bryan.

Ro

[Edit] I have moved a few things around on my schedule.  I just hope all others can show tomorrow.  Fingers crossed  X

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 3:22 PM

@mutambo1975

Have messaged suggesting we try the same time tomorrow (Friday), and that we stay green and try everything possible to complete the match in a fair way.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 4:05 PM

@Shankette,  thanks for being so flexible,   it is a very hard match up to arrange, with players involved from the US, Australia and UK.

@Alberto,     the Alt shot match between Aphrodite and Bridgestone is scheduled for 2pm GMT ,Fri 9th.

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 4:24 PM

Scroll page for google translate

Anche io dico che la partita va rigiocata sia perche' a volte capita che wgt proprio non ci faccia giocare e sia perche' se ho capito bene stavate alla prima hole.

Pero' se il problema di Fmagnets dovesse persistere anche nel re-match a questo punto Mutambo avrebbe tutto il diritto di pretendere la vittoria a tavolino.

Personalmente a me e' capitato 2 volte di non poter giocare a causa di wgt..............una volta l'avversario mi ha aspettato con pazienza mentre un altra volta il mio avversario ha voluto la vittoria ed io l'ho concessa senza discutere perche' era giusto cosi'.

Also i say that the game should be replayed both 'cause sometimes it happens that wgt just do not make us play and it' cause if I understand you were at the first hole.

But 'if the problem persists Fmagnets also in re-match at this point Mutambo have every right to claim the win.

Personally I 'happened two times that he could not play because of wgt .............. once the opponent I waited patiently while another time my opponent wanted the victory and I have granted without question 'cause it was just so'.

RSS