Help › Forums

COUNTRY CLUB GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT

Mon, Sep 18 2017 3:08 AM (839 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:36 PM

Translation:

>Looking to the coordinators and managers of the tournament

> Given that this evening myself and Fmagnets had to play the MP with day and timeagreed with the exchange of messages, I proceeded to ask my opponent at the predetermined time and at hole # 1 to put my opponent on the 60 seconds have expired without wgt that gave the penalty time (something quite unusual, but it can happen) ..... the fact is that my opponent is detached and wait three minutes for his return ... almost at the end I can invite him again and he disconnects again ..... I askexplanations and he tells me to restart the game .... well I redo the third attemptstarting the match and he disconnects for the third time giving game lost.

> Since I do not have great experience in international tournaments, but I did everything possible to respect the agreements inviting him again for 3 times .....

> Please enlighten me how to proceed in these cases because honestly the regulation does not know him.

> Greetings.

@mutambo1975

Go green again and we can try again. I have it all recorded, and was streaming live on Twitch. You will be able to see that I did not disconnect, but the game kept crashing when I tried to putt. Disappearing instead of staying green is not helpful.

The translation suggests you are saying I asked to restart the match. The video will show this is not the case. You asked this question, I said we should continue from where we were. I don't think disappearing as soon as the game was randomly awarded to you qualifies as doing everything possible to 'respect the agreements'. 

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:47 PM

It looks like there were issues due to neither of the 2 players.

If Mutambo can go green again and play now, please do it.

Otherwise I can understand the frustration of both players for something unexpected, and a rematch would be the wise choice here.

@fmagnets
    Please let's not give up hope :-) these issue are well known and can happen from time to time, so we will continue and try to arrange direct matches for now.

@Mutambo
    Come si poteva vedere anche dallo streaming di fmagnets (ovviamente tu non eri connesso al suo strweaming, questo  è normale) gli errori di connessione sono imputabili a WGT... se sei ancora on-line e puoi giocare, per favore connettiti.
    Altrimenti direi che sarà necessario che vi mettiate nuovamente d'accordo. 

-abq-

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:59 PM

How long should I reasonably have to wait before giving up today? Mutambo was clearly still here and connected to be able to post his message, but if he refuses to go green there is nothing I can do.

• roaddawgstyle
    305 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:11 PM

I won my match against stevietwotimes 3 and 2, ty for the round steve was fun

• carletta
    741 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:13 PM

Alberto lo scrivo in italiano cosi' lo puoi tradurre meglio di quello che io possa fare....Calogero, che tu conosci bene, ha invitato per tre volte Magnets.... il quale per tre volte ha lasciato passare i 60 secondi senza giocare e disconnettendosi....non è normale.....non voglio alimentare polemiche per l'amor di Dio...ho consigliato io a Calo di chiudere li ed appellarsi agli organizzatori in quanto WGT aveva squalificato Magnets.....per la cronaca la prima buca era stata giocata mancava solo il putt....qualsiasi decisione tu prenderai sarà accolta con grande serenità e tranquillità....

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:14 PM

ty Larry was a gr8 match, was struggling to stay with ya, 8 under front 9 was too much for me...your putter was on fire, sinking balls from everywhere,

was a pleasure m8,enjoyed it.

thx steve.

• carletta
    741 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:21 PM

ah  dimenticavo.....sarebbe opportuno non utilizzare streaming...è notorio che altera le connessioni....questa potrebbe essere la causa dell'avvenuto...ciao

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:31 PM

carletta:

ah  dimenticavo.....sarebbe opportuno non utilizzare streaming...è notorio che altera le connessioni....questa potrebbe essere la causa dell'avvenuto...ciao

For your information, I have played many matches while live streaming and never had any issues before.

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:39 PM

@ Carletta

Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 18:00 - 23.00 looks Ok

However i will need to confirm nearer the time which one

Understand ?

Gladdo

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:40 PM

Carletta,

I hope it's helpful to offer a viewer perspective (and I will acknowledge that I am a clubmate of Mags).

It was clearly witnessed on fmagnets' Twitch stream that he made multiple attempts to re-invite mutambo to the match. Both had birdie putts on the first hole, btw, so neither had any advantage.

Disconnection issues were seen on both sides as they attempted to play over a half-hour period approximately. 

Since an 18 hole match was going to take more than half an hour anyway, the question should be asked "Why did mutambo disappear?" Even if time might have become an issue surely the opponent should still have returned to play at least a partial match. Note that he came online long enough to post in the thread, but did not go green. That does not suggest good intent.

I hope all parties will recognize that common sense requires a rescheduled full match.

RSS