Forums

Help › Forums

Why have people forgotten?

Tue, Sep 2 2014 6:53 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 5:15 PM

Sir ,  I think you have been here long enough to know how this game has changed over the years .  I remember cave paintings of Faterson , and lots of Cheese .

There  all kinds here in WGT land , Some of them , And some of them ,  And some of the others .

Riddle me that Bat Man .

iaaR ( R ) V ft 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 5:28 PM

I do have expectations each time I log on - purely to have fun and while away an hour or so.

And so far it has never disappointed me. Yes I can get frustrated with bugs, the odd crash but I still have fun overall.

I am not, nor never will be a slave to the game - I will not lose sleep if I miss a consecutive day and I will never dominate the leader board, in fact I am lucky to get a glimpse of it.

I do challenge myself to try and improve, to do as well as I can, but if I have a stinker of a round, I know I will have still had fun.

In fact the most enjoyable rounds I have had are when either I have had, or my partner in A/S have had a shocker - and the banter is worth all the birdies in WGT land.

I too am a golfer, not a gamer, and play the game in the spirit golf is meant to be played in - congratulate your opponent for a great shot, be gentlemanly ......................and rib ya partner for a rank shot!

Each to their own, but IMHO, the game is the winner.

Yes there have been changes in personnel, but there have always been winners and losers. It is the internet so you will get some with personal agendas and vendettas - this I have no time for. There are good people, bad people and ordinary people - we have the choice to associate with whom we choose. Nothing has really changed.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 6:22 PM

I have always wondered what the attraction of this site is? Why do people stick around as long as they do? Why are the so dedicated whether they are playing for an open championship or playing an AS with friends. We have all kinds of people from all over the world playing this game for years in many cases. Is it relaxation, the challenge, the graphics, the people or maybe a combination of all those things and more.

In my case after thinking about this for awhile it seems to be a challenge. Taking a break from the grind of everyday living Something you can get lost in like some of the many hobbies people have. I can get lost in my shop building something . Playing chess against the computer and winning 1 out of 10 games is getting lost experience for me.

Well enough of that....time for 1 more round before I hit the sack.  ;-))

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 8:31 PM

DaddysKat:
    Played with Romax and Patricia yesterday

Yeah yeah, if Ross would stop sharing his bottle of wine with me, we would have kicked butt! lol

Definitely a fun and a gg eh, will have to do it again soon ( got Ross in rehab) lol

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 9:47 PM

I have been coming on here last 5 years to play a game.  A game I couldn't play well in real life.  I get good players, and bad players, it's all in the draw.  Those I don't wish to play with again are noted, and listed.   Those I really enjoy are sometimes invited to be on my friends list.  

Beyond these circumstances I find little to remark upon.  It's a game, but it is a game with great intensity that requires that you pay attention.  That is what I like about it.  The rest is nothing.

My Nickle.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 5:41 AM

Should be fun. Not always the case though - based purely on the company during multi player rounds.

As in real life I stumble on what I perceive as the good ones only to be let down by a chat that starts off fine and dandy but soon changes when they hit one lousy shot OB etc. Then their serious head comes on, the chat suddenly dries up, and everything is then not their own fault but wgt's.

I'll always give credit when it's due if I see a nice effort. Always concede putts within 3.00 feet  minimum - more if I feel the player deserves a break after perhaps escaping from a very difficult position - regardless of what course we happen to be playing/green speed etc.

Of course I like to win but it's not the 'be all & end all'. Many a time when 2 up in MP I'll concede the penultimate hole purely to make the game last just that bit longer. Yup, I get "That's what you get for conceding my last putt" if I eventually lose the match - fine with me - *click* they're gone.

I see/read way too many folk talk about the work/effort required to play this game.....  really? 

Work & effort are two words that belong away from here.

Nothing I like better than - having already safely landed on the green @ CCC #18 for ex. - reminding  my playing partner of the "vast amount of WATER surrounding the pin", rarely fails!  LOL

Anyhoos - all about the company/fun/banter for me - plain & simple, as it should be.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 7:31 AM

It seems a singular yet universal evolution toward fun. I don't gamble; I have no desire to accumulate other peoples money. I don't embrace Match Play because I feel bad if I win and bad if I lose. I have the Diamond Award in Blitz; it is enough, I don't play it. Uneven lie has no attraction whatsoever for me. Zero. I own a CC, it is forever nascent; I don't even know what the new additions to it are, nor care. I early on played much CTTH, did quite well, but now can only muster the devotion it requires one month per year; coming in October. What do I play ? The free weekly & monthly stroke tournaments, free stroke play bracket games at Legend, and alternate shot with whomever shows up. That is about it. I read with pleasure the posts on the forum and add my own, as crazy as they mostly are; especially my Happy Birthday thread because I love the value of history. After saying these things, the simple fun for me are the people here and hitting the ball. ~ SP ~ 

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 6:53 PM

The old squirrel and I go way back here. We have been friends since before dinosaur crap. We have even spoken on the phone once or twice. Johnny and I have been friends for ages as well - although lost for a nanosecond of time in virtual space. Ross and Patricia I know well, too, as do I know the sometime retired and reformed forum troll. Ms Kat, I've had the pleasure of conversing with as well. Alan and I have spoken before but have yet to play - one day maybe.

You are the folks that make the game enjoyable to play with - kudos to you all. You are the people I am proud to say are friends.

It is ,however, those that come here thinking that the dollar figures displayed as career earnings are worth something more than what it actually is, that give me cause to laugh hardest.

The "gamers" are those that think that "if you're not cheating, you're not winning" make for the problems here.  The players that wear and are proud members of the "tin-foil hat" brigade that blame wgt and vem for every errant shot they make are worth a good belly laugh more often than not.

If one just remembers that this is a simulation and NOT the real thing and that all things are possible here, rather than calling people out as cheats because of their low averages, they may feel better about the game and themselves. This is NOT the PGA Tour and you are not playing in the REAL US Open.

The people here that play the actual game are the best people here to play with and be friends with, for these are the people that understand that this is just a GAME - win, loose or draw - just a simulation of the things most of us cannot do on the real course.

WigerToods2010:
    Yup, I get "That's what you get for conceding my last putt" if I eventually lose the match - fine with me - *click* they're gone.

@ you my old, smurf, friend...lol...I say that all the time..when you going to delete me? roflmao !! Oh yeah - I forgot -  I never win those rounds though. roflmao !!

Where's baggs and mkg?  Eff ya guys !!  roflmao !!

To quote the infamous character Joker, played by Heath Ledger, " Why so serious?"

• PAGES
RSS