Forums

Help › Forums

Why have people forgotten?

Tue, Sep 2 2014 6:53 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 6:10 PM

This game was, for all of us, originally a place to play a little golf, meet new friends and have a good time. Seems of late it has become a pissing contest to see who is the best, who can win the most credits and total bragging rights. I still have the same desire and wants and needs that this game provides. I play for fun and it seems my friends accept me for what I am, good or bad. I still love the conversations with my friends and the fun we have win or lose. For the ones on here who consider it more than this, try to enjoy yourselves and remember it is golf, so be it a video game, but golf none the less.

Just another comment from the Old Squirrel Nutz.

• PCFRASER
    111 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 6:27 PM

Very well said. Thank you Squirrel.  :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 11:22 AM

I must have hit a nerve here. No one has anything to say other than PC.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 11:33 AM

My sentiments.......exactly. The game to me is 99% friends for fun and 1% game.The last time I got in a pissing contest ( at a fundraising auction for our local Golf Club) it cost me $1500 ... LOL.  The day I feel the need to win is the day I quit !!  We should play sometime squirrel.      R  

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 12:38 PM

Sounds like we are on the same page Romax, it would be a pleasure to shoot a round with you. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 12:43 PM

I don't see much difference now than it has always been...

A whole lot more really nice people...a whole lot more a$$holes!

Way more really good players and same with not so good...

Same cheaters, same honest players...in fact the forum has been somewhat placid for awhile, at least until everyone is snowed in with -0 temps again...if anything the forum are better than they were a year ago IMO..

All would be expected with like 8,000,000 more members

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 12:43 PM

renniw52:

Sounds like we are on the same page Romax, it would be a pleasure to shoot a round with you. 

Played with Romax and Patricia yesterday ... it was a blast.  I do enjoy a game when you don't have to worry about getting your partner upset because you missed the putt or launched a drive into the deep rough.

I'm here to relax and have fun.  There are those that make this game too competitive.  JMO.

• Martijn67
    13 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 1:49 PM

Hi Renni,

It's messages like this one and the 'Let's be honest' thread that makes this community the great place to hang out that I think it is. There truly are some wonderful and friendly people around in WGT. Just focus on those people and don't waste your time and energy on those that need their daily dose of complaining and bantering.

I come here every day and so far I have enjoyed all of them. Find a CC that suits you with people that play for fun and feel like close family.

I don't loose any sleep when I hit a ball in the water or my partner finds a bunker. Hey, better luck next time, it's just a game.....and a great game IMO.

Grtz Martijn

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 1:51 PM

renniw52:
    This game was, for all of us, originally a place to play a little golf, meet new friends and have a good time.

All, are you sure? People are different, have different intentions and objectives. IMHO we can't expect the full audience to see this as golf with it's traditions, rules and etiquette - it's a video game as well.

On the front page, we all see the money leaders with alleged career earnings of 50,000 $ (*) Many newcomers will not be able to resist the treat.

(*) from 5,000,000 credit licences of no monetary value (<= T&Cs)

I agree to the quote and I add the views - I'm a golfer, and I want nothing more from the game. I pay my dues in cash and play along, that's about it, except for a few postings here ;) I find more fun in a good real game tomorrow than in an extraordinary score here.

But I see many others, with ambition, frequently short in money. "The winner takes it all" say the gamers. Some even go the easy road to winning and restart and restart...

Others commit their full time (and their souls?) to the game, eventually becoming top guns here, apparently impossible to beat by us mere mortals in the Virtual Tour and elsewhere.

This list is rudimental, and each honest person has it's rightful space here. It may be a virtue of the game to be so versatile.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 3:52 PM

Agree with all, it's a fun sight for me, no worries, no expectations, and like I said, my friends accept me for what I am. I don't have to be what I am not. To my friends on here, I love ya all and look forward to a game from time to time.

• PAGES
RSS