Help › Forums

Mozilla Firefox

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 12 2019 3:11 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 8:45 AM

HELP!!!!!!!! experimenting with using different search engines for playing on WGT . Just downloaded Mozilla Firefox and the play now button does not appear on my profile screen. I also have/use flash10. and google chrome.

All other functions/headings appear on screen, and are usable.

Any help or suggestions on locating the play now button appreciated

Please use "layman's" terms with info. (yes I am a dummy PC wise) lol

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 10:22 AM

I dont know the answer here, but have you tried the latest IE, version 9 i think.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 10:25 AM

Dave-Enable cookies and popups. Make sure WGT has enough storage capability in the Flash Settings panel here.

In Firefox:   Tools/Options/Content. The first check box is for popups-uncheck it or if you leave it checked under the Exceptions tab you can specify WGT.com.

Cookies are handled under the Privacy tab. Check the box next to Allow....

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 11:05 AM

Jim..., tried both methods, play now screen still not shone on "left side" of my profile screen. However clicked tournaments to play firefox directed me to install flash? I have flash 10.as one of my "engines" but prefer not to use it. Google chrome doesn't use flash, to my knowledge.

maybe my terminology and/or understanding is not "kosher". Sorry,

Don't know how to copy & paste profile screen page to post for clarity purposes. (again sorry for the ignorance)

Thanx for the info thus far........David

ps is it worth all the "hassle" to play with firefox vs flash/chrome?

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 11:14 AM

opd,

Follow the Firefox prompt to install/upgrade flash and you should be good to go.

It is a flash based game, so you HAVE to use flash in order for it to work. Google Chrome also uses flash, just like FF, IE, etc. If you are exiting out of the prompt to update flash without doing so, that is why it isn't rendering properly.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 11:20 AM

VHL...under tools "error console" displayed. Is this telling me flash needs to be used?

Will enable flash see what happens.

Tried to "re-install" adobe flash. McAfee sec scan plus...screened "error application (flash) already installed. WT#^&)--lol

Thanx for the help...think I'll just stay w/chrome,eventually get totally frustrated with this game and its uninvited meter "demons" and fade into the sunset.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 11:34 AM

Dave-Most definitely Flash has to be enabled-it's what makes WGT work. Chrome is a bit easier to get going because it does all that Flash stuff automatically for you so you have another browser option if you want.

*edit-I didn't realize you already had Chrome. I fixed every Flash issue by using Iron as the game browser. It installs seamlessly and is only used for the game. No bell, no whistles and a good working version of Flash that won't automatically update.

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_download.php

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 12:39 AM

YJ and VHL.. just wanted to say thank-you for all your help with me setting up Firefox. Finally got it to work. Only after numerous hrs of downloads, install, delete installations, reinstall, reading/re-reading your helps, cursing up a storm, kicking the dog, yelling at the wife, and finally threatening to quit this game.  lol

Bottom line, after playing 6 or 7 games with firefox the meter "demons" still find a way in. Its not my PC I only run WGT when I play. But I do know and am 100% positive that meter problems, inconsistent directions when hitting ding, pc heating up, do not come from the "engine" that you are using with WGT. 

So with that said, there's only one source at fault. And that source is________?

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 7:13 AM

Yankeejim hey thought id give iron a go see what its like only problem doesnt give the login on left hand side when i first come to wgt  home  something in settings maybe ??

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 7:53 AM

aussie-Don't use Iron  as your main browser. Just keep it for the game. If you want to use it as a normal browser you need to know about adding and enabling things to make it work. This kinda defeats the purpose. Iron is great for the game all by itself-keep your regular browser for everything else.

What I do is log on to WGT with Chrome (or Firefox) and have it remember me. That way I'm automatically logged in when I open the site. Now, whenever I open the Iron browser it remembers the only site it's for and it takes me to the game client here

Caution! If you click Play Now your game will open in the same browser, just a different window. You need to manually set up Iron the first time. Copy and paste the link into the address bar. you only need to do this once.

Since the game is all I use Iron for I don't have it set up to work on anything else, including the links that take you away from the game client. What makes it convenient is that I have a desktop icon for the browser. Clicking it takes me directly to the game window. No log in, no loading of all that main page stuff-right into the game client.  If I want to see WGT stuff I go there from Chrome. Hope this helps. GL

• PAGES
RSS