Mozilla Firefox

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 12 2019 3:11 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 1:29 PM

YankeeJim:

aussie-Don't use Iron  as your main browser. Just keep it for the game. If you want to use it as a normal browser you need to know about adding and enabling things to make it work. This kinda defeats the purpose. Iron is great for the game all by itself-keep your regular browser for everything else.

What I do is log on to WGT with Chrome (or Firefox) and have it remember me. That way I'm automatically logged in when I open the site. Now, whenever I open the Iron browser it remembers the only site it's for and it takes me to the game client here

Caution! If you click Play Now your game will open in the same browser, just a different window. You need to manually set up Iron the first time. Copy and paste the link into the address bar. you only need to do this once.

Since the game is all I use Iron for I don't have it set up to work on anything else, including the links that take you away from the game client. What makes it convenient is that I have a desktop icon for the browser. Clicking it takes me directly to the game window. No log in, no loading of all that main page stuff-right into the game client.  If I want to see WGT stuff I go there from Chrome. Hope this helps. GL

Wow Jim I downloaded iron and played around with it. I thought Chrome and firefox were smooth. But iron coupled with gamebooster2 gave me a completely glitch free round one of the smoothest rounds I have ever played. Only minus is that like chrome the return to game button doesn't work. So far it has only worked with firefox. Not a big problem just a minor inconvience

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 5:28 PM

I have been using Iron for some time now, and I don't remember seeing a "... return to game button ...".

Warren

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 6:13 PM

If you are playing a game and open another wgt page the return to game button is where play now and play with a group button normally is.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 6:14 PM

Tresclub:
    I have been using Iron for some time now, and I don't remember seeing a "... return to game button ...".

Hey Warren, you probably don't keep a second browser window open on WGT forums while you play in the game client window.  "return to game" is in the left hand column when you have a second WGT window open.

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 7:20 PM

cheers jim ill try the remember me part ive bookmarked wgt from  chrome to iron and set as home page for iron hopefully this will fix the issue and just log me in i noticed the extra speed difference from chrome straight away  be great 2 see how gameplay is  with it thanks for the help ill keep u updated

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2010 4:25 PM

andyson:
    Hey Warren, you probably don't keep a second browser window open on WGT forums while you play in the game client window.

You're right Andy, I don't.

Warren

• austinxavier
    21 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2010 8:42 PM

borntobesting:

YankeeJim:

aussie-Don't use Iron  as your main browser. Just keep it for the game. If you want to use it as a normal browser you need to know about adding and enabling things to make it work. This kinda defeats the purpose. Iron is great for the game all by itself-keep your regular browser for everything else.

What I do is log on to WGT with Chrome (or Firefox) and have it remember me. That way I'm automatically logged in when I open the site. Now, whenever I open the Iron browser it remembers the only site it's for and it takes me to the game client here

Caution! If you click Play Now your game will open in the same browser, just a different window. You need to manually set up Iron the first time. Copy and paste the link into the address bar. you only need to do this once.

Since the game is all I use Iron for I don't have it set up to work on anything else, including the links that take you away from the game client. What makes it convenient is that I have a desktop icon for the browser. Clicking it takes me directly to the game window. No log in, no loading of all that main page stuff-right into the game client.  If I want to see WGT stuff I go there from Chrome. Hope this helps. GL

Wow Jim I downloaded iron and played around with it. I thought Chrome and firefox were smooth. But iron coupled with gamebooster2 gave me a completely glitch free round one of the smoothest rounds I have ever played. Only minus is that like chrome the return to game button doesn't work. So far it has only worked with firefox. Not a big problem just a minor inconvience

Thanks for this information, it has improved my game tremendously. I can't thank you enough..

One Happy Again Golfer

• ChipshotChas
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2019 4:59 PM

That's funny, I'm sitting here with the same problem. Can't seem to get it to enable on firefox. ????

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 3:11 AM

What's even funnier is that you are 9 years later!  :D

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash for Firefox downloaded.

• PAGES
RSS