Forums

Help › Forums

Crashes With Passes

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 17 2015 10:22 AM (53 replies)
  • Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 1:52 PM

Lots of personal passes lost and gifted ones also. Many players and very unhappy and will stop buying until a fix is implemented. Including me. Surely you have a record of bought and lost passes. People should be reimbursed. 

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 2:03 PM

@Doc58: We are not aware of any passes not being credited to players after they purchase one. Please contact Support if you believe this may have occurred so that we can review your account. 

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 4:52 PM

Will Do.

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 4:58 PM

I was referring to passes being lost after disconnects. Will contact support. Thanks

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 7:51 PM

bought two passes tonight and lost both due to your game crashing; I will never buy another one!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 9:26 PM
    Doc58:

I was referring to passes being lost after disconnects. Will contact support. Thanks

That is the point, I know you get points for every hit on the ball but you don't get the end of game points if you don't get to finish. This can be hundreds.
  • Viking66
    28 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 6:28 AM

I lost a purchased pass and 18 holes worth of points because of a crash on the 18th tee. I got the same old stuff from customer support as always. no more purchased passes for me either.

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:31 AM

We are currently looking into this matter for our players. I just want to verify a couple things regarding this "crashing" players are experiencing. These questions are all relating to when you use a Country Club Pass.

-Is this happening on the last hole of the game? Are you able to hit the ball before you experience the crash/disconnect? (If you were able to then you will receive the full game experience and the Country Club points)

-Which courses are you experiencing the crashes? Pinehurst, Bethpage? Pebble Beach? Is it only a specific course?

-Are you playing a multi player game or a game for credits such as Skins and Match Play when you crash?

Additionally any crashing issues you experience we need everyone to submit a bug report. Even if you aren't able to do it during the initial disconnection please return back to the game and follow this procedure. To submit a report: 

1. Right-click the screen while the game window is open. 

2. Select the option "Submit this problem to WGT" on the menu displayed.

3. Describe the issue you are experiencing in as much detail as possible

The more detail and useful information we get through these bug reports the faster we can pinpoint the problem.

-WGTyphoon

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 11:04 AM
    I had 2 freeze on the last putt and I reported them by right clicking. I also had 3 that finished when a game error sign came up. Varied courses all in practice mode.
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 12:06 PM

WGTyphoon:
    Is this happening on the last hole of the game? Are you able to hit the ball before you experience the crash/disconnect? (If you were able to then you will receive the full game experience and the Country Club points)

No.  I've experienced two crashes ... both with purchased "CC Passes".  One was on Best of 3 stroke play set on practice with a 30 credit XP Boost.  I got to hole 11 and after taking the shot, the game client screen went gray and never refreshed.  I tried minimizing the screen and maximizing the screen to no avail.  I had built up about 800 swings by the time this crashed.  I received the swing credits, but did not receive the bonus XP or the XP Boost.  There was no "resume game" option when closing and returning to the game client.

My other crash was on Kiawah, 18 hole practice stroke play ... the screen just closed on that one.  When I clicked on "Play Now" to bring the game back up, I did not have the option to resume the game.

WGTyphoon:

2. Select the option "Submit this problem to WGT" on the menu displayed.

This option was not available at the time.

There's a few things I feel you need to do ... (1) don't reset the free pass timer if someone buys a pass ... why bother buying a pass if you're going to lose the free one? (2) fix the game crashes!  It seemed like stroke play was the most stable, but put in the CC Pass and even it gets squirrelly.

FWIW, I won't be buying any more CC Passes until you get #1 taken care of.  I'd rather have the option of having 2 free passes than to lose the free one that's just a few hours away if I buy one.

RSS