Forums

Help › Forums

UK vs US v Aus

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 22 2014 5:45 PM (35 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 7 2014 4:13 AM

I'm going out now now to shop for some nice big buns and twenty fags.

This threads for chanty wrastler's.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Aug 7 2014 5:02 AM

I believe that in the USA it's not just the superhero's that wear pants as an outer garment.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Aug 7 2014 5:42 AM

PaulTon:

This threads for chanty wrastler's.

LMAO............................... Stoap bumping yer gums ya bawheid.

DodgyPutter:

I believe that in the USA it's not just the superhero's that wear pants as an outer garment.

Fanny packs?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Aug 7 2014 7:40 AM

PaulTon:

Ya know that sucking on those hot fags will eventually kill you!  Them bad boys contain carbon monoxide!

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Thu, Aug 7 2014 8:27 AM

WigerToods2010:
    Since it appears you don't seem to get out much I'll throw in a few from north of Hadrian's Wall, Glasgow in particular, courtesy of one Stanley Baxter;

LOL....yeah you're right Wiger I did sort of run out off ideas a little too soon.

I have family around Kilmarnock and my Nanna was from Irvine too, and my work takes me all around the UK so I was just being lazy waiting for everyone else to take up the reigns.

Anyway......as my dear Gran would say " Nowt so q.ueer as folk"

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 12:51 AM

unclenewy:
    Blow me ( I can hear you Americans sniggering from here )........Also a statement of surprise, usually said by posher people. The stereotypical Englishman if you like.

Lol!

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 7:08 PM

A bit sideways to the original idea but anyone out there remember the comedian Gallagher?  He's since passed but one of his stage acts was on the English spelling of words.  I think he used a chalk board to illustrate, maybe not.  I laughed my a** off!  So true.

Something similar to...

"How do you spell the word for the wet stuff falling out of the sky?  R A I N.  Is then a rain what you would put on a horse to steer with?  NO!!  R E I N!!  If you have 2 horses you put the reins on them but when you mount a horse, you're also putting your reins on them...the other meaning of the word which is the kidneys, groin or lower back region. And is it rain or a rein if you are a monarch?  NO!!  R E I G N!!" 

Another...

"Lets take all the English words that are 4 letters and end in A S T.  There's Bast, Cast, Fast, Hast, Last, Mast, Past, Wast, and Vast. What letter did I forget?  Oh yea..."G".   Gast.  NO!!  G A S S E D!!  WHY in the hell...?"

His act was the best at showing why English is so frustrating to learn to understand, let alone learn to read and write.

If anyone has the wherewithal, it would be great if they could find and post it...if available. 

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 7:54 PM

I was able to find this one ...

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 8:43 AM

DaddysKat:

I was able to find this one ...

Thank you, Kat!  As you see in the last 5 minutes of his act, this is what I was talking about.  Can you imagine how much more he could have done on the subject???  Hours!

• craigswan
    30,990 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 11:13 AM

baffies .

A pair o laich-heeled baffies.

Baffies is a type o indoor fitweir, conseistin o a sole hauden tae the weirer's fit by a strap rinnin ower (or atwix) the taes or instep.[1] Baffies are saft an lichtwecht compared tae ither types o fitweir.

RSS