Wed, Aug 6 2014 8:29 AM

I came in last place .

But I finished .

So I still win .

OPY

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Aug 6 2014 9:14 AM

Yes, you did. Congratulations on winning the Lanterne rouge.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Wed, Aug 6 2014 9:44 AM

thats rite ...OPY  ...

I VOTE ..THE BOttom ,,,10,, shud all get BALLS !!!

:)_~~

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Aug 6 2014 2:01 PM

fmagnets:
    Joint 3rd Jeremy!

Woohoo!  That's a way better prize than a sleeve.  Now where's 2Dam hiding at?  If it's that Cali Chronic I've been hearin' about...I'ma need me some help.  Some very experienced help...   ;-)

On a more relevant note, I'm fine with whatever Icon and Shoe decide.  And while I tend to agree with you about it being fairer to pay out to both, I also went into the final round knowing that losing out due to a countback was a very real possibility, so I can't really complain if that's the case.

Speaking of which, countbacks in multi-round tournies look like they follow the same format as ones in single round tournies.  Namely, on a hole by hole basis, as opposed to using the final round score as an initial tie-breaker.  Which is really neither here nor there...just thought it might be useful info.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Aug 6 2014 5:09 PM

Whether it's an 18-hole round, or a multi-round, the strongest final 9 is what decides countback first. That's why you can win an multi-18-hole tourney with a weaker final round score if your final 9 is better.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Aug 6 2014 10:58 PM

fmagnets:

Jerm65:

...and also leaves me just out of the top 3.  

Joint 3rd Jeremy! Should be good enough for a sleeve for you I hope - surely that shouldn't be settled on countback when a sleeve to each 3rd placer is much fairer???!

Well done to everyone who stuck it out, and to AB for the only sub-60 round. And thanks of course to Shoe and Icon - particularly Icon for deliberately scoring poorly so as not to throw a monkey wrench into the prize-giving order ;-)

Congrats to every who participated! I hope they continue these events. It was a ton of fun, especially the ultra fast greens! Maybe not 50 on the stint next time though. 30 seemed great. Also Maybe just make it 3 or even 4 rounds of ultra fast greens. Have to say I'm not a big fan of the ultra slow greens. It's pretty easy to be honest. But a good score on ultra fast greens feels very rewarding. It takes patience and smarts to achieve a good score. Just my 2 cents

And thanks Fridge. Very well played yourself, nice win. That 65 using brick balls? is impressive on the ice rinks to say the least.

Also, nice finishes as well for Jeremy and bhoese.

I'll take my level 92 nikes please :)))

AB

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Aug 7 2014 2:32 PM

payouts should be done.

congrats to the winners :)

shoe and I thinking of the next tournament with the crazy conditions :)

-wgticon

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Aug 7 2014 3:23 PM

Balls received (though not chosen!), but very much appreciated. Thanks again Icon and Shoe.

FWIW, I think balls as prizes rather than entry fees is best. This was perfect. Keeps it open for everyone to enjoy, and even 1 sleeve is a better prize than anything that could be mustered from low entry fees.

Fast or slow greens, I don't mind. The fast ones are a better test of course management, the slow ones are a better test of dinging your putts.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 1:30 PM

WGTicon:

payouts should be done.

congrats to the winners :)

shoe and I thinking of the next tournament with the crazy conditions :)

-wgticon

Thanks again for the fun tournament Icon & Shoe.

Indeed, it is something different to whatever WGT offers in terms of "playing to the tips" and very difficult also, perhaps too much with those 50 greens.

For what I have read & see it is only Icon who, among the players who join the tournament , believes the super slow greens are fun to play. Please don't get upset at me Icon :-).

It is obvious that everyone enjoys the super fast greens and I guess it is the main reason for all players to play the tournament, it is indeed for me.

Why not making the new crazy conditions only with fast greens, lets say, 20. 30, 40 & 50 with crazy winds too.

As Mags & others mentioned, course management is the key and it is awesome to plan your shots that way.

Eric

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 1:46 PM

LOLserver:
    For what I have read & see it is only Icon who, among the players who join the tournament , believes the super slow greens are fun to play. Please don't get upset at me Icon :-).

It is obvious that everyone enjoys the super fast green...

Not everyone Eric.  I was a combined 33 shots better on the 2 slow rounds as opposed to the 2 fast ones.  I definitely find the slow greens fun to play.

That doesn't mean that I don't also like the fast greens, but I don't "enjoy" them.  More like "hope to survive them without falling too far behind".

To be honest, I might not even enter if it was all super-fast greens (but probably would...just to see if I can finally figure them out...lol).  The slow ones are usually my opportunity to catch back up to the field.  Given that, I think the 2 fast / 2 slow combination is perfect.  :-)

RSS