Forums

Help › Forums

*** Icon and Shoe uneven lie invitational ***

Sun, Aug 10 2014 12:25 PM (132 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 2:55 PM

Mr shoe and I decided to have a little fun, so this Friday we will have a 4 round invitational on Pinehurst. Very hard settings, uneven lies, nasty winds, you name it. 

Prizes from us:

• 1st place 5 sleeves of your choice
    • 2nd place 3 sleeves of your choice
    • 3rd place 1 sleeve of your choice

Round 1 will start Friday 5am PST (sign-up link) and will last 3 days. Next rounds will start 1am pst, so you have little less time in rd1.

Settings:

• 30 green speed, rated winds, uneven lies
    • 5 green speed, high winds, uneven lies
    • 50 green speed, high winds, uneven lies
    • 4 green speed, rated winds, uneven lies

These are meant to be tough. Many holes will play unrealistic and will make you pull your hair out or curse me. For a limited time WGTicon voodoo dolls will be available in the pro shop. 

I been testing these all week and shoe can tell you all about it (once he stops laughing from my 7's and 8's on the score card). 

I will participate as well but, of course, excluded from any winnings. Shoe will not be playing and he is just too scared of the course.

-WGTicon

p.s I also need your opinion for the future: Would you also prefer small buy-in (10 to 25 credits) to create a pool, with all winnings going to the winner?

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:11 PM

So thats what you were testing . 

This sounds like fun .

OPY

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:11 PM

Just clicked on link...say's I'm not eligible to enter..

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:14 PM

alcaucin:
    Just clicked on link...say's I'm not eligible to join...

Icon still has to open the door 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:16 PM

opyeuclid:

alcaucin:
    Just clicked on link...say's I'm not eligible to join...

Icon still has to open the door 

Got ya, cheers Ope

• aichapman
    1,338 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:16 PM

G'day Icon.

Would have entered but not eligible. No worries, sounds like fun.

The 7's and 8's would have been on the Par 3's I'm guessing. :) 

Something like Bunker, bunker, fringe, green, bunker etc etc lol.

Love them Red Boxes.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:27 PM

WGTicon:
    Would you also prefer small buy-in (10 to 25 credits) to create a pool, with all winnings going to the winner?

I like the idea of the buy-in...but would prefer to see more than one winner.  Top-5 or top-10 maybe?

And it's about time you guys brought these things back!!  I tried to recreate them manually at home but it's just not the same.

Umm, anyone have any tips on how to repair a hardwood floor?  More specifically, patching 4.25" holes so that they're invisible to the female eye...   ;-)

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:28 PM

it starts at 5am pst tomorrow... so about 13 1/2hrs from now :)

until then, you can't enter it.

-wgticon

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:29 PM

Jerm65:

WGTicon:
    Would you also prefer small buy-in (10 to 25 credits) to create a pool, with all winnings going to the winner?

I like the idea of the buy-in...but would prefer to see more than one winner.  Top-5 or top-10 maybe?

And it's about time you guys brought these things back!!  I tried to recreate them manually at home but it's just not the same.

Umm, anyone have any tips on how to repair a hardwood floor?  More specifically, patching 4.25" holes so that they're invisible to the female eye...   ;-)

LOL

as for payout... if we keep it say 10credits, then with 100 entrees, winner will get 850 credits, so that's pretty good for winning it...  i think is we break it down, it may dilute it, but I am open to ideas :)

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:38 PM

Will this be 9 or full 18 holes ?

RSS