1,588 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 9:54 PM

Jimbog1964:

I like playing with myself.

Dang Jim i can already here the reply's to this one lmao 

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 5:01 AM

And to make things a bit more interesting while making it more fair.. Where is this new tier above TL  that WGT mentioned not to long ago.      

I know call them  Elite Legendary Couch Potatoes....j/k    

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 6:04 AM

Solitary Man :)

Jimbog1964:

I like playing with myself.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 8:05 AM

Bendeswede:

stop all single "individual" play.......all players MUST play with others in a 2, 3 or 4somes..... wgt and all the players will be surprised to see the real scores......  this is the only way to eliminate all the dishonest play and all the fakes....using whatever instrument the use. Let'

This is never going to happen.  The main problem is, as already pointed out, the extra time required to play with others isn't something that everyone has available to them.  A game with a couple of friends is a great thing, but every round?  No way.

Also, have you ever played a game with one of the really great players here?  I had the good fortune to play 18 holes at Oakmont with 2 superb players a few weeks ago and I can guarantee neither of them were using any sort of cheat tools.  Both played their shots very quickly, there was no fancy aiming or calculations going on, just skill and experience showing through.  Their approaches were usually well inside mine and they missed almost no putts, despite taking little time to check the line.  I think their scores were 55 and 56, the 56 despite a triple bogie on the 4th hole after hitting 2 balls OOB going for the right hand fairway.

That round was a real eye opener, seeing skills like that first hand was amazing.  I'm not a bad player but I felt like a TV show host who'd been invited to a pro-celebrity event.

You also have to bear in mind that most scores in the low 50's are posted in unlimited rounds, many players keep restarting if they haven't made an eagle in the first few holes, especially if one of them is a par 5.

Right now you think anyone who hits a mid 50 score for 18 holes is probably cheating, it just doesn't seem possible to be able to do that on a regular basis.

It is though, it just needs a lot of skill.  More than you or I have.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 5:40 PM

Back in beginning, all of it was fair. There was nothing other than Front 9 Kiawah stroke play, Bali Hai & Kiawah CTTH, all always played in light 1 to 4 mph wind. No equipment for sale; everyone using only the starter stuff. It was as fair as it can get....it was as boring as it can get. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 6:32 PM

In the VERY beginning you didn't even have a driver when you started, just a 3wd....

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 8:11 PM

fatdan:
    In the VERY beginning

There was Man...

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 8:37 PM

nanstar:
    Solitary Man :)

Two sorts of people in this world,  solitary and liars . Of course can get out of hand like anything else

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 9:07 PM

Jimbog1964:

Pure tune and a sexy woman !!

One of the few female singers who can fit a whole 'Wagon Wheel' in her mouth without taking a bite...

Therein lies a story :)))

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 10:27 PM

SweetiePie:

Back in beginning, all of it was fair. There was nothing other than Front 9 Kiawah stroke play, Bali Hai & Kiawah CTTH, all always played in light 1 to 4 mph wind. No equipment for sale; everyone using only the starter stuff. It was as fair as it can get....it was as boring as it can get. 

I did not know that. When did WGT start up exactly? I've been playing since 2010 and it was Bethpage,Kiawah, St.Andrews, and one other for stroke play as I recall. Don't remember the CTTH courses. There were more than starter clubs available, not as many ball choices though.

RSS