make wgt a fair game

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 30 2014 5:46 AM (41 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 2:01 PM

opyeuclid:
    Reposting this on the 8th day of Christmas in July thread

is this where you are giving away free tin foil hats?

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 2:25 PM

Bendeswede:
    all players MUST play with others

Try playing with yourself a couple of times. It might relax you enough to stop posting mindless drivel.

• burchell123
    362 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:45 PM

srellim234-

As for people who play as a single to pump up their own egos with artificially low averages, they hurt no one. When they do play other people their true scores come out, resulting in wins for their opponents.

There are people here who have the capability to play both,most the top guys here play each other in individual games or alt shot aswell as rg's and probably play better against someone than on there own

As for our our jumped up averages is down to WGT with the system of avg locking out and only going down,i'd be happy to play at about 58 which i guess my avg is not 54,5

ROCKY

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:49 PM

burchell123:
    As for people who play as a single to pump up their own egos with artificially low averages, they hurt no one.

When they cash in in matches, RGs and other tourneys, they hurt honest players for sure. There are quite a lot of suspects in the lower ranks.

• burchell123
    362 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 4:08 PM

alosso:

burchell123:
    As for people who play as a single to pump up their own egos with artificially low averages, they hurt no one.

When they cash in in matches, RGs and other tourneys, they hurt honest players for sure. There are quite a lot of suspects in the lower ranks.

I didn't quote that alosso     srelim234 did

And the genuine  players cash in because they are better not because they are dishonest

ROCKY

• rollone
    772 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 6:22 PM

jayw4862:

TDSLIMIT:
    One way to make it fair is to re-open the Black R1 Driver at Level 93.....:)    Just Saying.  We can always dream.  

YES!!!!!!!!

oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 7:35 PM

alosso & burchell - I believe we're addressing two different issues. One issue is not allowing people to play solo and force them instead into playing in groups of 2-4 players. The other issue is people who have a single account and people who have multiple accounts.

If you play as a single to pump up your average, you hurt no one. The OP did complain about the low averages as if they are a problem. 

If your average is 54, your opponent knows that when a match is accepted. If you can't shoot that 54, whatever you actually shoot provides a window of additional opportunity to that opponent. If you shoot 56, 60, or 65 and win, congratulations. You are that good in match play against an opponent. Your single play the OP wishes to outlaw has absolutely no bearing on that result.

As I suggested before, what the OP should be looking for is single play tournaments. People in those are going to shoot higher scores than their averages since there is no restarting allowed after a bad hole. He should be prepared to see scores that are not that much higher, though. The good players really are that good.

I do agree that there are a ton of suspects in the lower ranks. I don't play for credits and a large part of that is the huge amount of account fraud here. People who started a new account to take advantage of using their Legend and above skills at a lower tier aren't going to be curbed by being forced to play rounds with other people. They have the superior skills already and aren't going to care as long as they still stand to be rewarded with credits for starting a new account.

WGT should lower the ability of anyone at Master or lower to gain credits in RG, monthly/weekly tournaments and betting play dramatically. Eliminate the credit prizes and restrict bets to something like 25 credits until they reach Tour Master and above. Restrict Tour Master betting too if need be. Increase prize payouts even more dramatically for Legends and TL players and take restrictions off betting for them.  

Stop the multiple accounters by removing their incentive for starting a new account. Give low-tiered players a substantial goal to work for. Make people aspire to become Legends and TLs., not the other way around.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 9:11 PM

I like playing with myself.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 9:21 PM

burchell123:
    And the genuine  players cash in because they are better not because they are dishonest

True Rockey!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 9:22 PM

Jimbog1964:

I like playing with myself.

Jim...we should play together;)

Kisses!

RSS