Forums

Help › Forums

WAKE UP WGT FFS

Sat, Sep 13 2014 1:47 AM (181 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 10:29 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Can't see it sounds the same in any way as a now TL deciding to go and plunder TPro (even TM) brackets for credits

For the record, this isn't what we're talking about.  I happen to agree with your stance but we're talking about one individual here, not the masses. I maintain he wasn't that way and was just taking advantage of the situation on his way back to the top. 

A possible fix for this scenario might be to use the RG scores as a factor for accelerated advancement. That would be interesting.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 10:33 AM

YankeeJim:
    I maintain he wasn't that way and was just taking advantage of the situation on his way back to the top. 

Where we differ on the way to go, and that's it.

Happy hitting:)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 10:52 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Where we differ on the way to go

Ahhh, the crux of the matter. You are 100% right, this isn't the way to go. Doing so speaks to the character and that's another story. :-)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 4:10 PM

I thought we got to any crux some time ago.  

For the record he smashed just about every rule in the house IMO.  I don't see it as supportable any which way.  

IMO his only defense is that he never did it against less than Legend Tier specific, and that's a discussion over personal views on acceptable "standards".No offense and not trying to infer what you, or anyone else, may or may not have said.  Other's can go read the whole thread, just wanted any one looking to have no possible doubt over my views.

I do agree with you on the fix using RG scores as a possible solution at any rate.  As I understand it credits wins below Legend pretty much make you Legend ASAP.  At Legend more than a very few wins or good placings and maybe that Legend should be made to go play with TLs (more often than happens???).  Certainly something to bat around as an idea to combat this type of thing IMO.  Shame as it is also IMO, but is what is also.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 6:08 PM

Ok I didn't mean to create a epic battle of the Jims lol i just made a reference to ish sayin that you can't vouch for anyone on this game cause you never really know 

The main point was showing what i think about D+8 is ( a restarter or what ever not a prodigy )

The reason I used the one I did is cause I seen if first hand is all and hard to forget certain things when they happen but D+8 is full of chit IMO 

• Victoria47
    629 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 2:27 AM

Double-Jim`s,

It is enough-you can not call each other?
    Now it gets really boring,,,,
    the issue is through.
    vic

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 2:58 AM

Hi everyone!

Ok, this one is the best of all.

Ready go tournament at Merion front 9...look for the player who's a slippery dog.

http://www.wgt.com/golf-tournaments/leaderboard.aspx?id=6bdb1b49d4904ed98c52a3a30034e80a

He started TODAY!!!! And scored the same as James!

Hahahaha!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 3:42 AM

James started well then played like a not well personr - bogeyed the flippin 5th having started with 4 straight birds.  Still for a day 1 start would have been happy, lol.  OK day one never knew RGs existed, but had I known lol.......... 

EDIT:

Blow me over with the gust from the waive of a feather duster.  

L19 hack, starter irons, day one 31 with the first ever whack round, at no less than that well known, usual day one, hack training ground of little open tier RGs at lil ole Merion F9.

Forget about anyone in this thread we have the best of all time, and I mean EVER. 

Great spot young Miffy.  

Roll over the rest, all Hail the NEW KING!!!

WGT gonna have to lengthen the tees, no two ways about it.  This guy gets a half decent set like the L32 R11s we gonna be seeing 24s at F9 Merion RGs being chitted out of his rear end, every day.  

In full fairness can't say he is a restarted TL stealing from hacks .

Oh woe is me. Where did it all go so wrong 

OR before I pull.  WGT undercover subterfuge??

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 5:11 AM

Victoria47:

Double-Jim`s,

It is enough-you can not call each other?
    Now it gets really boring,,,,
    the issue is through.
    vic

You're not obligated to read it. There is no battle, this is simply a discussion. No name calling, no threats, no baiting-a simple dialogue on something that is a major issue. I have no truck with Jimbog or his views, I just like intelligent give and take. (I actually think we're talking about 2 different things.) And the issue is hardly through. 

In fact, probably because of this thread, I just received a friend invite and a CC invite from a TP(!) that just joined in August of this year. Immediately sets up a CC and starts throwing invites out. Here less than a month and already in full swing. 10-1 that's not the first ID for this person. LOL. Maybe it's the same individual in our conversation. :-D

@spdemon-It's all good.  :-)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 10:25 AM

I think the point that is missed by some ppl. reading this thread, especially those who are bored, is that these guys shoot these low scores with the clubs we all couldn't wait to get rid of, very inaccurate...which means they are draining putts from everywhere! It takes a year to become a great putter if not longer...

simply put, if a brand new player is even shooting  par, much less -5 -7 this is NOT his 1st account on WGT, he probably has years of experience...

I remember being thrilled to shoot par, I shot some 28-29's but I didn't break 60 until I was a legend, and I am still learning to putt and after reading EVERY F"N thread on distance/style/break/reading putts, hours of practice, a lot of rounds and hundreds of restarts, I might be a little better than average now...

So if you are called out on these forums for shooting a sub- 60 round in a tournament at Merion/Pinehurst/Oakmont, please don't tell me that other account is your wife, or kids, and they are just a natural at this game, it's f'n insulting...and if you need to steal credits to be able to afford to play this game, you should'nt even be here in the 1st place assuming your out of elementary school, your financial plan sucks and fixing it should be priority #1, not gaming!!!!

RSS