Forums

Help › Forums

WAKE UP WGT FFS

Sat, Sep 13 2014 1:47 AM (181 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 12:01 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Not sure I'm following this well; the person that is simply a new player to WGT and is winning money tournaments today and the one who was a TL and started again are different people, that right? 

Yes that's right.

Main part was about one also commented on by Spd at 09-09-2014 9:53 AM for one easy reference.

Other part was about the two accounts of one player that were deactivated, and not the main focus.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 2:14 AM

Ty jimbog, got it now.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 5:21 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Sorry but that is not the whole story, not by a long chalk. He played Legend only tier comps when he was a restarted TL.  Only one reason for doing that was to gain an unfair advantage among people with less experience.  No clue if he also misrepresented himself in MP

From someone who has admittedly never played him I have to wonder what tabloid you got your gossip from. Too easy to sit on the sidelines and judge the whole affair. He's no different than any other MA except for the fact he didn't stick around tiers longer than he had to. He was on his way back to the top and there's no other way to do it.

Morality?  LOL. That's a good one. Lot of moral MAs out there.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 5:28 AM

YankeeJim:
    From someone who has admittedly never played him I have to wonder what tabloid you got your gossip from.

That's rubbish.

He played for credits in a tier he had no right to be in.  He was unable to do good enough in open comps, and concentrated lower.

No need to sit on the sidelines for this one or listen to gossip, the score history shows it all plain and simple in black and white.  

I believe it's also against any rules WGT would advise any one on if they wished to restart.  He knew all that....

YankeeJim:
    Morality?  LOL. That's a good one. Lot of moral MAs out there.

Yes and easy to see why they do it for sure.  Huge known problem.  Does not excuse what this character did hiding out with less experienced players though, even if he never exactly blazed a trail .  

EDIT: Black and white in score history - have a look.  Could have played the big TLs but went lower.  Why would he do that???? Defensible????

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 6:33 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Does not excuse what this character did hiding out with less experienced players though,

Hiding out? How do you avoid playing in tiers "you shouldn't be playing in" on your way back up? What better way to get where you belong faster than playing above your tier? Look at the MP history. There's no hiding out shown there, he just played his way through.

He had game, I've seen it. Just didn't have the right attitude. Nothing sneaky about it, the system allows it and he took advantage of it. Heh, we can call him the poster boy for all that is wrong with the way it is.  :-)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 6:59 AM

YankeeJim:
    Hiding out? How do you avoid playing in tiers

YJ you know as well as I do what the answer is.

The guy chose to play tier specific RGs and many times.  RGs he could just have easily played open tier ones, but stayed clear of those because you play the big guns there (arguably more testing conditions too).  The open ones are therefore harder.  You know that.  edit: The first account he hardly touched RGs.

Look no beef with you.  This one though I do not think is defensible even if I admire defending a youngster, but this one he needs to learn he did way wrong IMO.  

If he said sorry to WGT, and promised to not compete for credits again until TL and went with that I would say good luck give him another chance (like to see him do some real gifting not from credits below TL mind you too to make up for some of it).  How possible any of that...

I am not saying he was a poor player at all.  He showed v good potential but as it was was not competing with the big guns in RGs / stroke comps.  He just was not as clearly shown by any score history he had.  With work he may have well been able to, I have no clue on that.  He should not have been playing in Legend (Tier specific) credit comps as an ex TL...................Anyway enough edit:, and yes compared to what some are doing round here not the worst record which I why I would (just) leave a door open. 

Edit: No offence to Russel that last para.  I am just sticking to the bits black and white in front of me own eye's in all that.  The rest I feel I should leave to one side for this - rightly or wrongly.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 7:30 AM

Jimbog1964:
    YJ you know as well as I do what the answer is.

Not really. I see 500 rounds as a Legend needed to get to TL and there's no shortcut there. On top of that, Legends that play RGs are not your basic hacks so it wasn't like he was fleecing the unaware.

FWIW, if I ever found myself in a position of having to restart I'd be getting those 500 rounds in RGs, too. No different than having that 61.01 average as a TM and grabbing as many credits in RGs as I could before the scores pushed me up.  :-)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 7:46 AM

YankeeJim:
    On top of that, Legends that play RGs are not your basic hacks so it wasn't like he was fleecing the unaware.

Look experience counts for something, but no it's not like fleecing T Pros.  

RGs are very competitive, and a stroke is huge. It's not even a discussion why he chose the Legend comps not the open ones it's so obvious (black and white).  Compared to what else goes on round here it's degrees I know, but dropping down a division to fill your boots is not right either simple as...And like I say first time round he got to TL just fine not playing RGs...........Personally I would have no sense of achievement dropping a division and "winning".  Very hollow stuff, but some just want the credits I guess and would do anything. 

YankeeJim:
    No different than having that 61.01 average as a TM and grabbing as many credits in RGs as I could before the scores pushed me up.  :-)

You know you would not really.

Easy to see how easy it is though.  Enter 15 or more as a TM + brackets.....Full time job keeping up for  someone :) Giving up a just for fun Avatar to restart though, and not have the fun of the HL stuff.  Some look on it all ways though obviously..........

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 8:17 AM

Jimbog1964:

YankeeJim:
    No different than having that 61.01 average as a TM and grabbing as many credits in RGs as I could before the scores pushed me up.  :-)

You know you would not really.

Oh, but I did. That was a little piece of reality there. Driver/wedge golf at the TM level for a year thanks to WGT's way of separating Legends from TMs when the tiers were expanded. (Lot of players got screwed in that move.) Guess that makes me just as bad.  ;-)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 8:29 AM

YankeeJim:
    Oh, but I did. That was a little piece of reality there. Driver/wedge golf at the TM level for a year thanks to WGT's way of separating Legends from TMs when the tiers were expanded. (Lot of players got screwed in that move.) Guess that makes me just as bad.  ;-)

All before my time.  

Can't see it sounds the same in any way as a now TL deciding to go and plunder TPro (even TM) brackets for credits, but convince me one day if you like:)

Speak on it however you like I do not agree with what was done.  I doubt many would but there will not be a straw poll on it so...

RSS