skip nav

Forums

Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Mon, Sep 9 2019 6:20 PM by pdb1. 431 replies.
  • pdb1 United States
    20,080 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 10:07 AM

K7JBQ:
    became a "yellow" after being a green forever

It is only a color that shows that you are a victim of the disconnects . Which is always been 90 % of the reason for the color . Less than 10 % are quitters . No one will think you are a quitter .

• mathia14 United States
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 12:29 PM

I would think all discons, the fingers have to point to the Bay area.  It's not us, or our equipment.  It's always a pat answer from WGT.

• pdb1 United States
    20,080 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 12:48 PM

mathia14:
    I would think all discons, the fingers have to point to the Bay area.  It's not us, or our equipment.  It's always a pat answer from WGT.

I am not technically inclined but I have paid  attention to many theories and explanations for likely causes to these disconnections . 

servers incapable of carrying the heavy load that WGT players bring to the  game in the way of multitudes of various different conflicting browsers , dozens of operating systems , even more internet providers and formats all with different settings coming from all corners of the world . All at the same time to play in multiplayer matches together . Causing the weak  servers chosen by WGT to work in extreme massive overload . creating unbalanced loads with stronger , faster users dominating the load . Consequently causing small crashes almost repeatedly at all times . Much more so during heavy usage times . Weeknights and weekends and holidays . These servers are so challenged that even single player formats jumble the loads . Not too surprising it is so bad with multiplayer . 

• mathia14 United States
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 12:55 PM

pdb1:

mathia14:

I am not technically inclined but I have paid  attention to many theories and explanations for likely causes to these disconnections . 

servers incapable of carrying the heavy load that WGT players bring to the  game in the way of multitudes of various different conflicting browsers , dozens of operating systems , even more internet providers and formats all with different settings coming from all corners of the world . All at the same time to play in multiplayer matches together . Causing the weak  servers chosen by WGT to work in extreme massive overload . creating unbalanced loads with stronger , faster users dominating the load . Consequently causing small crashes almost repeatedly at all times . Much more so during heavy usage times . Weeknights and weekends and holidays . These servers are so challenged that even single player formats jumble the loads . Not too surprising it is so bad with multiplayer . 

Agreed.  But I get the discons all the time.  No matter what day of the week or time of day.

• mathia14 United States
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 1:18 PM

It would be nice if the programmers would get into the forums and explain what they are trying to do fix things.  Instead of the mods.  Just MHO

• mathia14 United States
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 2:21 PM

Or are the programmers too busy playing Grand Theft Auto?  Just asking.

• OldGuysRule60 United States
    6 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 7:24 PM

Why...players have been complaining about this issue for months....yet YOUR solution if for the players to help YOU? Do you not have techs that are able to troubleshoot and fix your problems? If not why not? Why don't your people play the game and follow your help instructions? It's really sad how you do things

• pdb1 United States
    20,080 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2015 8:17 AM

OldGuysRule60:
    players have been complaining about this issue for months.

Years my friend . Submitting of detailes by users is part of the troubleshooting process . Hundreds of glitches have been fixed and eliminated from the result of the bug logs . There are a couple of seriously disturbing to us issues and glitches remaining . 

We all know all too well how much income generated features are the highest priority to WGT . A couple of these frustrating ( to say the least ) issues and glitches to us . Are ones that jeopardize and cut into the main profits of WGT . Because of the nature and frequency of the freezes and crashes and disconnects , they are obviously extremely difficult to truobleshoot , pinpoint , adjust or repair and eliminate . Because , bottom line major profits and future success depend on improving these issues . 

To suggest that WGT has another agenda than that is ridiculous and ludacris and ignorant . You can bet your bottom dollar . That their priorities lie in in maximizing and increasing their top dollar . I'm just saying .

these techs are so good , they can play GTA with their free hand and never miss a beat .

• EnglishRosey United States
    733 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 3:49 AM

last few days cant finish a single multi player game. always get blue screen. blitz is particularly bad. Also since returning to play a bit i notice its v hard, no, nigh on impossible to find a skins or mpc game...seems there are far less people playing these days

....even the forum use to be moderately amusing, now its full of; drivel, people who think they work for WGT (true, they were there before but almost ironically), and ladyboys.

• OkieX United States
    175 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 7:44 AM

WGT- Stop adding courses, balls, clubs, tournies and FIX the GOD DAMN GAME!!!!

***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS