Forums

Help › Forums

Thoughts please - New Tier Above Tour Legends?

Wed, Oct 22 2014 7:22 PM (179 replies)
  • petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:56 AM

fix all the other clichés in the game first.way to many meter  problems.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 7:21 AM

Not needed IMO.  Why spend your limited resources on something that affects only the 1,000 TLs?  I'd rather you spent time on features that affect the 100,000s of all players.  Something like adding new pins to Royal St. George's.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 7:39 AM

bladelad:

A big no!

i am struggling as it is, trying to get to TL tier.lol. (my last goal with this game)

Exactly! No new tier until I (Zag) make Tour Legend! It was a thrill to make Master back when (for a short while) that was the top tier, and then a bigger thrill to make Legend when (also for a short while) that was the top tier.

But really it is up to the Tour Legends. Do they think there is a group of some size within that tier who are so much better than the other Tour Legends that they are essentially out of their league?

Also, how could the new tier be distinguished? You can't add new tees farther back unless they tee up on the green they just finished. (A thought there actually!)

You could have a Hall of Fame which is not really a tier but a special status for Tour Legends who have won major tourneys, placed a certain number of times in the top 10 of major tourneys, or the like.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 7:48 AM

I think a way to do it would be to have a tournament each month of 4 rounds. It could be set with reasonably difficult conditions. The top 10 from that tournament progress to the next tier. Or there could be a certain score you must shoot in the 4 rounds in order to tier up. -55 would be a good bench mark.

The reason i suggest this is, if there is to be a new higher tier then it needs to be earned. You shouldn't be able to get to this tier just by banging out round after round on the front 9 of St Andrews.

Yes they'll be players who will shy away from playing in it but if you offered a decent amount of credits for tiering up (lets say 50000cr) then it would be far too tempting to avoid.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 8:06 AM

Thanks for all the great ideas and summarizing a lot of the ideas found in other places.  The main issue we are trying to address is there is a huge disparity in skill among the Tour legends right now.  The whole purpose of the tiers is to group similar skill level together so you can have a fair and competitive game.  Can you think of a better solution?

Real possible issues is that the Top tier will be less players and RG's and other tournaments will take longer to fill...  

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 8:16 AM
    DAZZA501:
    If you offered a decent amount of credits for tiering up (lets say 50000cr) then it would be far too tempting to avoid.

Love that sense of humour Daz.
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 8:25 AM

WGTadmin2:
    Thanks for all the great ideas and summarizing a lot of the ideas found in other places.  The main issue we are trying to address is there is a huge disparity in skill among the Tour legends right now.  The whole purpose of the tiers is to group similar skill level together so you can have a fair and competitive game.  Can you think of a better solution?

First off I would like to genuinely say how refreshing it is to have this type of communication.  I am sure embracing and working with teh community like this can only be a good thing.

WGTadmin2:
    Real possible issues is that the Top tier will be less players and RG's and other tournaments will take longer to fill...  

As I said before I do think it's important to get some integrity to TL.  This will organically lead to a higher skill level of that tier.

WGTadmin2:

Yes and a tough nut to crack.  Trouble is working with the current tools I think it's shoveling the proverbial brown and smelly uphill.  Whilst this game is flash based, and the scummy art of sandbagging / multi accounting so rife I can't see a way.  Attacking this objective like this I applaud for the exploration and working with the community, but regrettably feel it is ultimately forlorn RG wise.  

Worth doing from an integrity point of view, and thus there for the future and too experiment with, but TL RGs are a waste of space as it stands.  Any more pyramidding in RG land, with current anti cheating tools, can only exacerbate a failed way IMO.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 8:49 AM

courteneyfish:
    DAZZA501:
    If you offered a decent amount of credits for tiering up (lets say 50000cr) then it would be far too tempting to avoid.

Love that sense of humour Daz.

Maybe i put 1 too many zero...lol

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 8:59 AM

WGTadmin2:

Does there have to be tier specific RG's to start with in this new tier? Probably not. Instead there could be a couple of "Champion tier" tournaments each week that doesn't need a certain amount of entries.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 9:50 AM

DAZZA501:

WGTadmin2:

Whatever the top tier is, it doesn't need tiered RGs. The point of having tiers is so you have more chance to compete with players of similar standard without having to mix it with the big boys if you don't want. This is not an issue for the players in whatever the top tier is. A fine suggestion from Daz above, as always.

Things I would want to see in a top tier is pro shop equipment open to all regardless of level. Unsaturated averages (perhaps with UEL separated). Very high threshold for getting into the tier, eg. 5000 ranked rounds as a TL AND an average below 54 (ie. keeps out the fakers who play a couple of unlimited no wind 9-holers at BPB and pretend their average is 51). A decent credit bonus or some restricted tournaments to make it worth getting into. Some interesting equipment choices (eg. want a high precision driver that goes 330yds? Well you can get one but only with a fast meter and low forgiveness. Or how about a choice of increments for putters for those that don't like 15ft scales?). 

RSS