Forums

Help › Forums

Thoughts please - New Tier Above Tour Legends?

Wed, Oct 22 2014 7:22 PM (179 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 2:51 AM

I do not mind but I can imagine filling a RG at a Tier above TL will be like watching paint dry. Perhaps in time......

• harrybr549
    470 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 5:40 AM

don't think that would be a good idea, unless you go by money winnings.  just don't make it mandatory to move up

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 5:41 AM

Been saying basically do this for a while.  Cleanest way to sort out TL and get some integrity back is probably a new tier.  The top of the TL rankings is a farce as is being able to get there by banging the crap out of Beth F9 in a CC or perhaps a low wind Legend event if really feeling like showing off.

Seen Champ mentioned above so will go with that for this:

Champ is achieved when your best 100 qualifying RRs shot within TL = an average of **to be advised but suggest 57**.  

A qualifying RR may come from any of the Courses (ex the usual Bo Courses), but only 7 RRs per F9 and B9 from any one course will contribute.  

I will leave the exact language to the professionals but think the above is good enough to get teh idea over for now.

No clue if the WGT systems can handle that, but will be an epic, biblical proportion, fail if just do it on the current average basis.

That sorts out the basic issues with TL as it stands.

I suggest you leave earnings out as some do not gamble.

I would do this first to sort out current issues, and then if a Tour Champ becomes needed there is room, and can be dealt with later.  Maybe earnings away from RGs (as some do not gamble) could be included there, but I suggest doing it on tourney placings.  I do not think a hall of fame type tier is a good thing as that should be done in a hall of fame if people want it.  

100 RRs should be plenty of a test as you are only sorting out a known issue really.  500 RRs will be an unnecessary wind up IMO.

The pro shop should also be opened to the new tier regardless of level, and say 1000 credit welcome.

EDIT: Once saturated your average only drops from playing those so many varied courses per say 100.  E.G. saturate, and play BPB F9 7 times and it drops, but the 8th time won't until all the others are played at least 7 times.  Ideally not all others but a good number out of.  It's fun and making players play somewhere they simply do not like I don't advocate.  

Lastly TL saturation should only need 400 RRs going forward.  That's a huge test still for those that play all courses and generally good all round.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:01 AM

But what would be the purpose. I think WGT said that they could not move the tees to make the course longer, all they could do would be to speed up the greens, then after a while it would be just like the champ greens everyone  is playing them way before they get to that tier.

So IMO it does nothing for the players but give them a new title. Sure WGT will rackup the dough from people trying to get to that title. Then you would have the new equipment that would have such a high level to get ,not to mention the cost will sky rocket worse than it is now

• harrybr549
    470 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:04 AM

i don't think your idea is a good one, top money winners are the ones i think need a diff tier and you guys make it so easy to the new clubs at lower levels  just to make that money and then you ask us?  you had those specials  on the r1 driver i had to be level 98 , but guess what level 92 came in more money for all of you. need less to say much money

we spent getting level 98 and then you sand bag us that alot of money we spent

HARRYBR549

• XYfrozen
    32 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:22 AM

After gathering everything, I came up with my opinion:

Tour Legend Tier to Champion Tier:

1. 1000 ranked rounds in Tour Legend Tier
    2. Average of 54.99 or lower

Champion Tier to Tour Champion Tier:

1. 1750 ranked rounds in Champion Tier
    2. Average of 53.49 or lower

Tour Champion Tier to Hall of Fame Tier:

1. 2750 ranked rounds in Tour Champion Tier
    2. Average of 52.99 or lower

Hall of Fame Tier to Tour Hall of Fame Tier:

1. 4000 ranked rounds in Hall of Fame Tier
    2. Average of 51.99 or lower

However, I spotted a problem- WGT needs to create faster greens. We would need to think of a name for those greens.

XYfrozen

• bladelad
    147 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:49 AM

WGTadmin2:

Help us think this thru

A big no!

i am struggling as it is, trying to get to TL tier.lol. (my last goal with this game)

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:50 AM

Champion is below legend, champions are replaced by others champions and then fall into oblivion; only legends are remembered for eternity.

• XYfrozen
    32 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:50 AM

Tekoma:

Already encoded last update !

Tour Champion - Championship 15

Champion - Championship 14

I thought of maybe Professional green 14 for Champion and Professional green 15 for Tour Champion. Maybe be Crazy green 16 for Hall of Fame and Crazy 17 for Tour Hall of Fame.

RSS