Forums

Help › Forums

New changes, same frustration.

Sun, Oct 3 2010 12:13 PM (35 replies)
  • TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:15 AM

And don't forget ; if you play with balls that have two dots of life like I do now, as a Legend.

These new balls are actually $2.90 a sleeve with one dot life.

They are gonna price themselves out of business!

At least with me.

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:57 AM

well i tried the new balls..they are very much  like wgt's new strategy..hmm i wont say what that is..i went from 15 rnds a day and 5 ready go's to less than 15 rnds and 0 ready go's since they stuck the fork in legends ..with the new balls that dont even go as far as a have way decent bounce and black t's, it would cost me over $100 a month to play as much as i was..this update was a complete insult ..charge us more money for the same chit results..actually even worse results if you dont hit the bell..wtg wgt..im sure some people will buy them a few times..just to find out how far ob they go with out 1 of ur time 4 payroll meter skips

• TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 11:26 AM

A year ago I joined and got my complete set of clubs (after months of playing) including my R9 driver for a little over $20.00.

I could play endlessly for maybe $5.00 a month in balls after that.

I said to myself, my nephews and son paid like $20.00 a month to play their on-line games like Warcraft and I could play golf endlessly for $5.00 or $10.00 a month.

Fast forward, less that a year later, and an R9 Driver alone can cost  +$17.00.

I hope someone good with numbers can post what it cost a year ago vrs now for the same complete club set.

I bragged to my friends what a great game it was, and once you achieved Master, had your clubs, you could play inexpensively.

Now they want me to spend potentially $4 or $5 dollars a day in balls without even losing one??? That could be $30.00 a week, $120.00 a month, $1,500.00 a year?? 

Are these guys F'n crazy??

Unless it's the classic bait and switch again, these guys need some new business managers. The worst thing a business can do is alienate their customers. WGT has become a major repeat offender!

• asugunnu
    48 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 12:14 PM

ya'd better join a real country club buddy,it's less expensive..

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 12:45 PM

New changes?  What a joke!  They gave us Kilts and a Blitz, and a greatly over-priced Legends ball that is...  Think about all that time programming this "stuff", when they could have been improving the playability of the game.  Like . . .

*  A concede button in match play

*  Multi-Player match play

*  Getting the honors around the green fixed

*  Dumping that pos server PSJ-GS03

*  Multiple pins at Kiawah

*  Game settings added to scorecards

*  etc,etc,etc

Oh,  the overhauled Pro Shop is a nice touch.

Warren

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 12:46 PM

why, are there differances in what equipment you can buy based on your tier level?  as for real a fat wallet can buy anything.  that doesn't mean you have the inate or trainable ability to use it.  you can teach a gorilla to drive, but would you give him an aston martin to drive?  let everybody buy what they want, use it to their best ability.  consistancy of results should sort everyone out accordingly over time.....my 2 cents!!

• kelrob
    92 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 1:03 PM

I have noticed no difference in the new legend ball,,other than the price,,still cant carry the hazzard on 7 at st andrews in a head wind. Still sucks,,lol

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 1:04 PM

TheTommyD:

And don't forget ; if you play with balls that have two dots of life like I do now, as a Legend.

These new balls are actually $2.90 a sleeve with one dot life.

They are gonna price themselves out of business!

At least with me.

Imagine what the colored balls will cost especially the gold...$5 a sleeve.

Why didn't they just give a new driver that everyone asked for?

TMPC

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 1:09 PM

kelrob:

I have noticed no difference in the new legend ball,,other than the price,,still cant carry the hazzard on 7 at st andrews in a head wind. Still sucks,,lol

Just like everything else in WGT, the new balls "sometime" work. The spin effect is different so you end up short or long. Another WGT rule of physics I need to learn if I want to use these cocaine laced balls.

TMPC

• spinmaster
    56 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 1:11 PM

This new ball isn't fair for the legends who play the Tour SD ball or any other ball that has no dots of feel. Either create a ball with the same stats (but zero feel)  as the new ball or really what WGT should just take out this ball.

RSS