Forums

Help › Forums

New changes, same frustration.

Sun, Oct 3 2010 12:13 PM (35 replies)
  • GL57
    83 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 4:45 AM

Allow me to comment on your new changes : in themselves they are fine and welcome, but they fail miserably to address to most pressing and frustrating issues currently boiling over in the forum.

1) The levels have remained unchanged, even though their being set arbitrarily at 30 for masters who already had considerable experience, with full access to everything in the Pro Shop, was blatantly unfair (level 30 can be attained by a starter in about 3 weeks of play).
    2) The access to the Pro Shop is still based entirely on levels, leaving many members in the lurch as equipment specific to their tier is still locked for months.
    3) There is still no high performance balls with extra feel to accommodate legends with lesser reflexes who own the Super R9 and i15 clubs.

So what is going on?

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 5:49 AM

GL57:
    The access to the Pro Shop is still based entirely on levels

That is apparently not so - they created a pro set of clubs that do not depend on levels (the driver is rated 250 yards).

But how far do the new Legend balls travel? Am not eligible for them myself.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 6:59 AM

Isolated example. All master clubs are locked for me, who is a so-called legend. The system is still cockeyed.

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:19 AM

zagraniczniak:

GL57:
    The access to the Pro Shop is still based entirely on levels

That is apparently not so - they created a pro set of clubs that do not depend on levels (the driver is rated 250 yards).

But how far do the new Legend balls travel? Am not eligible for them myself.

I've played 2 rounds with the new legends ball. Seems to give an extra 15-20 yds on the drive. Haven't notice any difference with the irons. One thing I did notice... you miss the ding and you're dead. A slight miss (1 or 2 pixels) will send you 15 yds off line.

WGT, why don't you just move the tees up 15 to 20 yds??? That would have been a lot easier I would think. Save the back tees for special events. I don't think this new ball is the answer.

Also, the new ball lasted about 33 holes, less than 2 rounds.

• kevinmosley
    76 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:37 AM

Hey what happened they got tired of working and decided only to give us white legend balls what's up with that. I guess going to take 3-6 months to get color,

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:46 AM

Glad I still have like 280 GI SD balls in my bag in fear of them locking the pro shop and making that ball like level 80 before the new changes.

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:30 AM

I'd much prefer the no feel legend balls. I jump on the click too early and they are expensive.And it seems the greens revert back to championship with them. A four putt, two lost balls in a +4 round, the addiction isn't coming back for me yet. I'll just stick with the tour SDs for now.

I could probably buy a hybrid and dump what is turning out to be a useless 3 wood. Level 53 here I come in 2015. What's the sense in locking the pro shop to legends? Hello.... we made it. No more sandbagging and winning money coz we have better clubs than the tees call for.

Still it's an improvement, just not for me, and it's still a great game, thanks wgt.

• mrenn29
    380 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:06 AM

Honestly I am gonna stick to the Gi-S balls.I played 2 RG's with the legend ball and honestly can't see the justification in spending 60 more credits for the new ball.Yes it does go further,but not by much at all.I actually found that it goes way father off target with just a slight mis-hit.Again I am not one to complain,and I understand the buisness perspective of the update,but the outcome was kind of a let down in my opinion.

• rlweller
    108 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:10 AM

wow its nice wgt is trying to improve things but i cant go into bankrupt for these new legend balls lmao

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:10 AM

LMAO -  if you buy these new balls , slap yrself for me.

WGT, if you give me 50 of these legend balls to practice with for free I MIGHT think about using them....that's if I like them...which I  doubt. 

So I guess this means to play as a "legend"  you have to spend a minimum of 2$ per couple rounds of internet golf?  

get stuffed IMHO...constructive?

RSS