Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Changes...and Thank You!

Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:20 AM (215 replies)
  • nickuk
    967 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:49 PM

andyson:
    I assume the new ball would have a level quickly reachable by Legends.  No GI business?  If so, I'd be very disappointed since it would do me no good at all.  There's old people(like me) who play this game ya know! LOL

haha....im old too, but surely it stands to reason,,that reactions slow as you age...we dont want 70 year olds shooting sub par rounds...unless your names tom watson!!

but just to add...if you be leg-end...you be good....dont need no slow meter stuff surely!

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:01 PM

Right, We need a better driver, not  a $1.60 3 pack of balls.  It is getting a little old to have to relearn my same clubs over and over, because the greens have changed or now I have to buy  a new ball that changes my  club distances.    Get us  a driver.....  That's what we want.      I dont mind having to learn one club,  

But too have to learn all clubs again because I have to have a new ball added so I can keep up with the Tour Masters'   Driver distances???

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:06 PM

neildiamond11790:
    I could care less about a ball that goes another 10yds, all that means is I now have to relearn all my club yardages again.  If they are not renaming the club distances does it make sense my 98yd wedge really goes 105 with no spin added?  My little lob wedge is now going to go further?  Thats the opposite of what the purpose of the lob wedge is supposed to do.

Agreed.  A new distance ball is useless to me.  I purposely avoid distance balls, so I don't have to try and calculate(guess) my clubs distances on every frigging shot.  This game has already become too much of exercise in mathematics. 

Legend tier clubs that go a little further, than what is available now, would work much better in my opinion.  Thanks for listening...

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:10 PM

Mem11:
    Legend tier clubs that go a little further, than what is available now, would work much better in my opinion.  Thanks for listening...

Meh... they will probably only be 20 credits more than what most legends are already using, whereas new clubs would require us to spend thousands of credits.

We will probably have to relearn some shots, but we should come out of it, at the end, better off than where we are now, so I guess we should be mostly grateful.

If they do not have at least 1 spin, though, I probably won't use them, which would be sad.  I'm hoping for GI-SD + 2 distance?  :P

If this is intended to help us out, it shouldn't be trading one spin and one feel for two extra distance... it better be a clearly superior ball... I hope I'm not disappointed. :(

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:17 PM

CharlemagneRH:

Meh... they will probably only be 20 credits more than what most legends are already using, whereas new clubs would require us to spend thousands of credits.

I bought 150 balls in the recent sale and they are all gone. I have bought another 30 this week. What do you think makes WGT more money over the longer term? Longer term being only a matter of months....

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:22 PM

tiffer67:
    I bought 150 balls in the recent sale and they are all gone. I have bought another 30 this week. What do you think makes WGT more money over the longer term? Longer term being only a matter of months....

I guess it does add up, but how much did GI-SD's cost back in June, July, and early August, before all that stuff went on sale?  I think something around 150 credits, so 20 credits more (i.e. 132) would still be cheaper than the price that we were paying back then.

So long as WGT keeps in mind that they are supposed to be trying to do us a favor here, hopefully we will be satisfied with the result.

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:26 PM

I guess we needed to post more about the meter issues.

My problems may be somewhat solved by jumping through hoops but the additional fixes we've chronicled here on the forums haven't done much if anything at all for some players.

Oh well.

Thanks for what you're trying to do right now at least WGT. I'll stick around a little longer to see how these changes work out and hope you address this issue as well.

ETA - I didn't even start on the inconsistent equipment, winds, greens, etc, etc, etc. In my opinion those are just "tweaks" to the code that I'm sure (or hopeful at least) are being worked on in the background.

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:39 PM

CharlemagneRH:

tiffer67:

I guess it does add up, but how much did GI-SD's cost back in June, July, and early August, before all that stuff went on sale?  I think something around 150 credits, so 20 credits more (i.e. 132) would still be cheaper than the price that we were paying back then.

So long as WGT keeps in mind that they are supposed to be trying to do us a favor here, hopefully we will be satisfied with the result.

exactly - and how do you value companies? One of the ways is sustainable revenue - and given WGT is owned by venture capitalists who will be looking to realise their investment sooner rather than later - balls are more likely to max the exit value

• Foghorn03
    9 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:43 PM

Just so happy that I will have a chance to buy some decent woods... Im a master on level 31 and just cant compete at the moment. I wont waste more money on balls that dont last long

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:44 PM

CharlemagneRH:

I have just had a look at all my transactions over the last month. Between buying for myself and gifting to others, I have spent 6497 credits on balls.

I've got a fair number in my bag but an increase in price of 15% would add nearly another 1,000 credits to that total. Multiple the increase across all players and overnight WGT has a big increase in revenue.

RSS