Help › Forums

Just Isn't Right

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 23 2014 4:22 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lobwood
    145 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 10:12 AM

I'm trying to understand this post. In all reality, the server lag has sucked, thus a futile attempt is being made by most who love the game to complete them. Some get fed up with the constant errors and reconnect problems and just give up. I've found the games here most enjoyable.

Granted, some are quitters! If that's where you're going with this, I found I just have to deal with those who have no regards or concern toward/for others who just up and close their bowser, i.e. causing the wait.

Some just get tired of the server lag, this is my experience and what I'm told. I play with all and have had some great games and have experienced what you're saying also.

• doran908
    276 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 10:49 AM

play with people that arent worried about their average.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 2:41 PM

I have had several games with players I have known for a long time, they don't quit, could give a flying diddly about their stats and we can still have problems. If WGT is over loaded for any reason we can all have problems. Do they care? I can't answer that. It is not always players quitting. Many times maybe, not always. I have heard clear this, do that, check this, it is my computer, so and so never has had a single problem since day one. They must be set up in WGT headquarters attached directly to the main frame. A quitter usually gives some kind of hint and the other players pick up on it. When a match is all tied going to the last hole after a lot of fun and joking, no one just quits and fries the game for the other 3 players. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 3:15 PM

ApexPC:

There have been a couple of recent Java updates.

You might clear your Java cache and see if that helps.

I have Java disabled in my browser and the game runs fine.  The game doesn't use Java apps.

• MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 5:27 PM

This glitch should had been fixed long time ago, so if even everyone but you quits you can finish the game alone. If wgt claims that it is the most realistic game of golf better make one.

In real life you would finish the game regardless of quitters.

I have already mention this problem in my post:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/231083.aspx

I have written several e-mails to wgt in the past and got the same solutions from wgt as some players have advised here: join the CC and play with trusted players.

This might work for some but not everyone here it just shows you laziness of wgt.

• Raelenerose
    2,966 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 6:15 PM

I have always ignored the yellow and green ticks ..they mean absolutely jack with this game and mean way less when you include the internet..way too many reasons that a player (for want of a better term)"quits a game" its highly likely that its not their fault , and i cant see how anyone could label someone as a quitter in this environment as there just too many reasons out of our control that can disconnect us.

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 9:11 PM

Raelenerose:

I have always ignored the yellow and green ticks ..they mean absolutely jack with this game and mean way less when you include the internet..way too many reasons that a player (for want of a better term)"quits a game" its highly likely that its not their fault , and i cant see how anyone could label someone as a quitter in this environment as there just too many reasons out of our control that can disconnect us.

+1

• JarheadDuffer
    157 Posts
    Wed, Apr 23 2014 4:22 AM

Raelenerose:

I agree. I Have played many a full round (both 9 and 18 holes) with yellow tickmarked players. 

If I run across a player who I don't enjoy golfing with I just jot down there name and if I see them in the future I don't play.

Especially when the "quitting" is obvious. A triple bogey or a hit into the water leads to a disconnection and no note on my wall indicating a problem? That name goes on my list of don't play.

There are several reasons I prefer to play with others instead of alone. In addition to the social aspect, I enjoy sharing and gaining knowledge from others experience. I was surprised how many higher level players were able to pick up tips from me.

Also having a playing partner or two helps me slow my game down so I can think about each shot.

• PAGES
RSS