Help › Forums

Just Isn't Right

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 23 2014 4:22 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Rickenoid
    14 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:14 AM

Started 2 games multiplayer today, and both times all players quit. I reconnected to finish both times and WGT kept coming up with "Unexpected Error" when I was back in the game(s) and took my 1st shot again, thats when the screen jumped to the unexpected error has occured.

I kept connecting to the game(s) 3 times until WGT told me on the screen I was disconneted 3 times by WGT and disqualified from the match in Multiplayer.

That just isn't right, that goes on my Completion Rate now as a quitter, and is no fault of mine. I kept trying to get back into the game(s) to finish, however WGT wouldn't let me complete the rounds. WGT would let me back in to the Multiplayer game, but when I would take my 1st swing again WGT would eror me out of the Multiplayer game(s)

What's going on here ?

• Lizard1943
    16 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 2:13 PM

I to had that experience last evenihg and now have the yellow tag of a quitter. I will follow your post to see what happens. 

Jay Guillot

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 5:13 PM

I've had a lot of disconnect problems lately to Lizard1943,the past 3 or 4 days it has been terrible two nights ago after repeatedly trying to return to a game WGT disconnected me for the third time and I too had that dreaded yellow quitter tag,really upset me because I don't quit but right after 1 game the yellow tag was gone?????...go figure LOL,hope yours returns to normal again soon.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 5:18 PM

Rickenoid:

Started 2 games multiplayer today, and both times all players quit. I reconnected to finish both times and WGT kept coming up with "Unexpected Error" when I was back in the game(s) and took my 1st shot again, thats when the screen jumped to the unexpected error has occured.

I kept connecting to the game(s) 3 times until WGT told me on the screen I was disconneted 3 times by WGT and disqualified from the match in Multiplayer.

That just isn't right, that goes on my Completion Rate now as a quitter, and is no fault of mine. I kept trying to get back into the game(s) to finish, however WGT wouldn't let me complete the rounds. WGT would let me back in to the Multiplayer game, but when I would take my 1st swing again WGT would eror me out of the Multiplayer game(s)

What's going on here ?

My suggestion is to join a good CC & get a good friends list. I have not had a quitter in 3 years. If you choose to go into random games then that is the price you pay. It's wrong but...... what can you do?

• Rickenoid
    14 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:07 PM

I thank you Lizard1943, Dave Strock, and Hewsey for your replies to the post I made. I know WGT is a very nice place to be when the people here all play together as golfers would, and as it was meant to be played in Multiplayer.

I guess I just showed up at the right time in the beginning and all was going great, got spoiled. Then it was like a 180 turn around, I started meeting people who made a mockery of WGT. Played with some golfers with the wost etiquette, sportmanship, and foul mouth chat anyone would ever want to meet. I guess it takes all kinds, but those are not my kind, sorry. I just can't justify spending any more money only to get grief as the end result.

I've even played with the best here I'm sure, and I'm grateful for that. Was a great time doing 9 holes :)  Always took the bad with the good and played on, a true sportsman of WGT.  Thank you.

Country Clubs, I have thought about them, but just not ready to join as of yet. I'll proably bow out for awhile and wait for an email from WGT again saying "we miss you", and offer a sleeve of complimentary balls upon my return. Who knows things might change up a bit in Multiplayer by then. I've played too many days in a row, and matches already in the time period, time for a break I'm thinking from the riff-raff.

Again thank you for your replies, as always appreciated, Rick.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 12:34 AM

Good hint H, but this post was not primarily about quitters.

There used to be no problem to finish a MP stroke play as a single player when ev1 else left.

Alas, some time last year IIRC, there were a lot of complaints suddenly about these unexpected errors after one player quit, blocking the others from completion. To me, it's one of these changes to the bad caused by programming which causes bitter feelings as there's no help against it - and the company chooses not to put priority into the repair.

This intensifies the completion indication button's characteristic as a victimizing mark rather than a quitters' identification.

• Rickenoid
    14 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 9:41 AM

Alosso thank you for the reply as well. That is what I was talking about, and it seems the harshness of the reality attacks from all sides (fellow golfers and WGT) when I try to play a Multiplayer game. It has been anything but enjoyable to play, or complete a round of 9 lately. 

You pay for the sleeve of balls you use in good faith hoping for a good game so they get used the way they were intended, but however it doesn't turn out that way in most cases here in Multiplayer. I just don't understand why there are so many quitters out there of the round you are attempting to play.

Us Green Completion Rate people should have the option in "set up" of a Multiplayer game to pick Green Completion Rate players only, instead of wearing our fingers out removing all the average and poor Completion Rate players out here.

• jigglybutt
    208 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 9:59 AM

I'll agree with this, only because they have the option already up for it i.e "reputation" just below player rank but yet we cannot actually use it. 

Take that option right off or make it so we can choose what player reputation we would actually like to play with.

But that won't make WGT any money so generally it will not be something that gets changed.

:)

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 10:09 AM

There have been a couple of recent Java updates.

You might clear your Java cache and see if that helps.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 10:09 AM

Reputation has been there already when I started 2.5 years ago, an old unused option. Later, the completion %% were added.

Players quit deliberately if they have no social obligation against their playing partners - it's an anonymous online game!

The remedy has been named here: Make closer friends, play in CCs.

To bring the %% up, an afternoon playing Blitz (30, 50, whatever) with a friend of reliable character and internet connection will help. Don't play for results but speed. Whiffs on the tee or green are quickest.

• PAGES
RSS