Help › Forums

Wanting to buy then gift a putter to friend......lil help please

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 22 2010 11:41 AM (9 replies)
  • LObringer
    30 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 9:40 AM

Hellos

Somewhere once I saw something on "how-to" do this. However, I am thinking it is best to ask my fellow players if they have done this before - and if so - is it pretty straight-forward - any special way this should be done?

Thanks in advance for any help for this.

Regards, LObringer

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:23 AM

LObringer, you can't gift clubs that are already in you're golf bag. You have the option to "give as a gift" during the club purchase process. Visit the pro shop for more details.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:24 AM

How-To

Do NOT buy what you want to gift and expect to be able to gift the equipment from your bag to theirs, it can't be done this way.

You purchase it in the pro shop and configure it to go directly to the gift-eeeeee during the purchase.

edit: dammit, Richard - NINJA'd !!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:27 AM

LOL!

• LObringer
    30 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:31 AM

Thanks for the replies!

I knew there was a certain way of doing this - appreciate the re-education.

Luckily for me - before I did this post I went to the proshop to buy a putter (which I was gonna gift later) but did not have my CC handy for the 3 digit code and wasnt able to complete.

Phew.

Now if I could buy you guys a virtual beer or cigar - you know I would.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:34 AM

After picking the putter, locate the give as a gift button in the bottom right side of the page.  Remember most clubs are not available to buy or gift since the change. Press the give as gift  box and type in your friends profile name and send....good luck

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:35 AM

LObringer:
    Now if I could buy you guys a virtual beer or cigar - you know I would.

Or ???? how bout AND, lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:44 AM

LObringer:

Make sure there isn't going to be a hassle with the new tiers business. For instance, the Anser says a Hack can use it but it also says level 35+. You might be able to buy it but the recipient might not be high enough on the levels to accept it. I don't know if this fact would pop up when you try to gift it.

*edit-Hmmmm, a workaround here maybe?

• LObringer
    30 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 11:10 AM

YankeeJim:

LObringer:

Make sure there isn't going to be a hassle with the new tiers business. For instance, the Anser says a Hack can use it but it also says level 35+. You might be able to buy it but the recipient might not be high enough on the levels to accept it. I don't know if this fact would pop up when you try to gift it.

*edit-Hmmmm, a workaround here maybe?

Very good point YankeeJim. Can probably only gift a player something that is 'unlocked' for them, and this person is new player. He tells me that it has shown that there are a few DRIVERS unlocked and available to him - better check out his putter eligibility.

PS. to YankeeJim - I have never recovered from my boys losing to the Yankees in 1977 & 1978 in the World Series.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 11:41 AM

LObringer:
    PS. to YankeeJim - I have never recovered from my boys losing to the Yankees in 1977 & 1978 in the World Series.

Heh-Too much irony in that series. As a  SF Giant fan hating the Dodgers was automatic and of course hating the Yankees was easier, especially after what they did to the Giants in 1962. I came over to the Evil Empire in the early 80s when I moved to NY and the Yankees stunk. Paying dividends now.   :-)

RSS