Help › Forums

wedges

Tue, May 27 2014 7:56 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 1:37 PM

WYLBILL81:
    i played a shot with an 11 mph head wind, into #2 at St Andrews the left pin with full top, landed half way down the slope and watched it roll UPHILL yes comin back to me.

I know exactly what you did, I did it the very first time I faced that hole with a CG. I couldn't wait to see how it worked and sure enough, not only backwards UP that slope, it got to the top for an impossible putt. LOL. Learned real quick about those wedges. That same shot now is a touch of bs to slow the roll down the slope.  :-)

• BirdieEaglesby
    502 Posts
    Tue, May 27 2014 7:56 AM

Perhaps WGT got it correct for once.

If the little dot is supposed to be the club's point of contact, by moving it to the top (thus driving the ball into the ground with a wedge), you'd actually be putting MAXIMUM spin on the ball in the real world. Moving the dot to the bottom would be a "scoop" or "flop" shot with maximum height (which is NOT accurately depicted in this game).

Of course, an expert RW golfer would know that there is no such thing as "top spin" on a RW golf shot (with the exception of a well-struck putt or a "skull"). The laws of physics do not allow an orb with "top spin" to become airborne.

• PAGES
RSS