Forums

Help › Forums

ok this is getting ridiculous!

Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:42 AM (50 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 6:17 AM

YankeeJim:
    I was in a figure 8 contraption at first, trying to get the bone back straight (greenstick fracture) but it never made it. That bump is still there. :-(

They invented plaster of paris soon after though Jim.  They can do more than in our youth:)

And Miffy if you don't know what plaster of paris is look up a history book, and stop doing it:)...Wish you a speedy recovery.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 6:49 AM

I broke mine in 1973, a KZ125 kicked my butt on a 40ft jump racing moto cross. Same figure 8 thing YJ mentioned. I was in the Air Force and it was go to work that night or face a possible Court Martial for damaging government property (me). Not a fun healing process. Please be more careful young Lady.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:06 AM

Jimbog1964:
    They invented plaster of paris soon after though Jim.  They can do more than in our youth:)

LMAO. Ya, try that around your neck, arm and half way down your back. As it was, the brace was the only way they could pull the bone back into place and it had to stay that way until the bones knit. Didn't work so good, had to go back to work and it was in the way. :-D

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:13 AM

sweetmiffy:
    there are sharks but only a few people have been chomped by great white sharks in the last few years.

LMAO !!! Miffster.

Elsewhere in this thread, you spoke of not having any pain.

On 05 Nov 2012, I was playing golf with a friend and colleague of mine and broke my neck at C-1 (the base of my skull). I never had any pain either, except for a headache. Found out it was broken when they slid me into the CAT Scan machine at the Emergency Room and I heard the Staff say: "Please do not move Mr. Man...your neck is broken. Doctors are coming right now."

I had to live for the next 6 months in a "HALO" ( a metal 4-beamed support structure with a ring that they screw to your head in four places to prevent movement of your head) and another 3 months in an Aspin Collar. ( a hard plastic collar )

I hope you heal well.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:40 AM

sweetmiffy:

well ummm I already broke my ankle, leg and arm, so this is the fourth one!

Look on the bright side Miffy ... if you were born a horse, they would have put you down already!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:45 AM

You know you're accident prone when the E.R. staff knows you by name.

On the other hand, it could have been much worse I imagine.....

Wishing you a quick recovery Sweetmishap!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:46 AM

CanineSupervisor:

LMAO !!! Miffster.

Elsewhere in this thread, you spoke of not having any pain.

On 05 Nov 2012, I was playing golf with a friend and colleague of mine and broke my neck at C-1 (the base of my skull). I never had any pain either, except for a headache. Found out it was broken when they slid me into the CAT Scan machine at the Emergency Room and the I heard the Staff say: "Please do not move Mr. Man...your neck is broken. Doctors are coming right now."

I had to live for the next 6 months in a "HALO" ( a metal 4-beamed support structure with a ring that they screw to your head in four places to prevent movement of your head) and another 3 months in an Aspin Collar. ( a hard plastic collar )

I hope you heal well.

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:56 AM

CanineSupervisor:

I hope you heal well.

Oh gosh!!! That sounds disgusting! They screwed the halo thing into your HEAD???? For SIX MONTHS???

I would really be GrumpyMiffy if I had to go through that!

Oh wait I already am.

Hahahaha!

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:57 AM

ZioMio:

Look on the bright side Miffy ... if you were born a horse, they would have put you down already!

Oh thank you Zio!

[SLAP!]

Hahaha! Brat!

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 9:04 AM

andyson:

You know you're accident prone when the E.R. staff knows you by name.

On the other hand, it could have been much worse I imagine.....

Wishing you a quick recovery Sweetmishap!

This was Constantiaberg hospital which is a different one to the one I went to for my ankles, leg and arm.

But yah, the surfboard could have hit me in the face!

AND to make things worse, a piece of the board cut me on my ummm boob and I started bleeding into the water and I couldn't get back on my surfboard. And my cousin started screaming that I had to get out right away because the sharks would smell the blood.

It was quite exciting!

RSS