Forums

Help › Forums

Cheats: It's Long Past Time That WGT Took This and the Members Seriously

Tue, Apr 15 2014 9:46 AM (99 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:41 AM

Dude ... read your status message ... then practice what you preach.  

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:55 AM

DaddysKat:

Dude ... read your status message ... then practice what you preach.  

Where am I being negative?   

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:02 AM

Talluin:

Seriously,

I applaud your tenacity but in all honesty, WGT will do zip.

The answer quite simply is stay within your own Country Club/friends and enjoy the game.

There are some fabulous players on wgt, some fabulous country clubs who quite frankly couldn't give a monkeys about playing for credits against unknowns.

I made the decision only yesterday to relearn the game all over again using unlimited balls, i now LOVE the game again, its a challenge and a sensible scoring one at that.  55's?  brilliant for the guys that can afford to buy/good enough to win ready-go's/tournaments etc.  I',m not that good and have spent far too much money already on a game i don't believe i'm fully in control of anymore.

I am shooting around about -6's, -7's with unlimited balls and its the most fun i've had since i started the game.  I miss the sense of achievement in making birdies, like i did when i first started.  nowadays, if i miss a couple of birdie putts its basically the end of the round for a good score.

I'm never going to be at the highest echelons.. the Fmagnets,Sebicu, notonthis, bollox, dansamcammanwhambamthankyoumams of this world but i want to enjoy it.  I applaude all of these players, I've learned a great deal from watching all of them on youtube etc

F*** the cheats, play with your friends, in your country club and have fun fun fun! :) 

there's also thegolfclub on the horizon which Southern are keeping more than an eye on :)

Great post.  I'm with ya too.  90% alt shot and 10 % Gen Pop/CC tournys for me.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:15 AM

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:17 AM

Ok, brilliant, you can count to three.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:22 AM

Since I was a kid, I was very competitive in sports, and ALWAYS played fair.  Maybe I'm going  on so much about the cheating here is because of those words of my late father, "....remember son, fair play is good sport....".

I'm a big golf fan (would like to play more often) and I get a great kick and great craic out of  this WGT game for a few reasons.  I'm a member here over three years, running a club (a second time),  made some friends along the way and met some very sound people and have even been invited to other countries, just through this game of online golf.

I've turned my  club ownership into a very enjoyable hobby. I also enjoy the competitive elements to the games, and the rewards at the end -small and rare as they are- adds to the enjoyment for my efforts.   I would like to, but I don't play for credits outside my club any more, just because of the cheats.   

It is sad  to think that  people have this big hole in their character that they would cheat at this expensive WGT game, basically stealing the hard earned cash from unsuspecting members.   It's not exactly the World Baseball Series or the English Soccer Premiership,  but the common denominator with the cheats in the pro games and WGT seems to be that word that motivates many, greed.  Sad indeed.    

The only thing that puts a damper on the fun here (for me anyway) is that WGT are not doing enough -when they can- to stop the cheats.  It doesn't spoil my fun, it just grates me.

Cheats never have and never will spoil my enjoyment of WGT, don't let the cheats or WGT spoil yours.

• Talluin
    257 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:27 AM

Dubfore:
    don't let the cheats or WGT spoil yours.

They don't!

read my first post :)

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:34 AM

that wasn't directed at you Talluin.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:35 AM

dedBuNNy:

This game is so easy to 'repair'. WGT is employing a swing meter that is far far too basic for a game such as golf. It's a 3-state click activated asset and in the world of 'flash coding' it don't any more basic than that. 

The entire game window is a 'target' and live area upon initiating the first state (click and hold) at that time the whole window is live. Creating a swing meter that incorporates a 'live space, partial cursor motion dedicated'  swing meter would be very very easy. 

Hackable? Nope... Not if 'locked' properly

The only reason CheatEngine would work is because whoever coded this game didn't assign proper locking conditions on certain assets. The only reason. Did not completely think out all case scenarios so that certain assets remain embedded within the game window and there for are open to manipulation without proper conditioning applied.

I can  guaranty  you one thing, shooting 52's over and over would be a thing of the past.

WGT could eliminate VEM from the system, no need for it at that point. Don't swing the club properly and you'll get the applied force and hook or slice.

Deviation, which is a ridiculous notion anyway, could be turfed. Deviation is WGT's way of trying to force swing mechanic flaws and mishaps on players. Guess what FAIL!

This game is so easy to fix...  

That reads brilliant Dedbunny, did you pass this info to WGT?

This is the best of the positive responses.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 11:17 AM

Jimbog1964:

Dubfore:
    2.  The other oddity is the attempts here by some members to try and explain away obvious cheating as something else. 

So far I have only seen some members trying to explain cheat detections away as sound when, at best, they are only flawed nonsense.  Grey outs through to two whatever's.....

One post honestly would have been plenty.

So very many threads on this anyway..........................................................................................

Dubfore:
    I'm working on a couple of ideas that might make WGT take the members and this cheating issue seriously.

Well if you do come up with something that works, and so far one of those has not been highlighted anywhere, why not let WGT know?

IRISHPUNK:

dedBuNNy:

The only reason CheatEngine works is because whoever coded this game didn't assign proper locking conditions on certain assets. 

I can  guaranty  you one thing, shooting 52's over and over would be a thing of the past.

Can wind be manipulated?  

I've seen the facebook credit cheat thing on youtube as well.  How wgt allows people to steal money from them is beyond me.

Jimbog1964:

Dubfore:

Something  that works, are you missing what I'm getting at?  Are you saying that it's not possible to stop the cheats?

If some one ever devises a system that works I am sure a lot people would be all ears.  Sadly the only detection methods been seen this side of the fence have been half backed witch hunting crap.

In the past the latest whacko idea of the moment is often put forward by people with shoddy stats who get beat quite a bit.   Obviously no chance they could get beat just because they suck.... 

Don't know how else to put it.

I got a bit carried away, posting three of the same item.  I asked WGT to remove two of them.

The cheating here has affected me more than I realised.

Apologies to the ones that care,  which doesn't include the 'comedians' PaulTon and Andyson

RSS