Forums

Help › Forums

Stand bag plus question

Fri, Jul 25 2014 8:03 AM (25 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 1:51 PM

Yiannis1970:

I have to choose before the game a specific set and play with it? If so, what's the purpose of buying the bag? .thanks anyone who'd like to respond.

Forgive me if I'm not understanding your total query (I'm only on my 2nd cup of coffee), I think I get what you're saying as I asked myself the same thing long ago. But below is a little more info on the functions of the bag that make it worthwhile for me.

Briefly, yes, you can do it manually w/o the bag if you choose each club you want to change, drag it, check it and make sure it's the right one, maybe change your driver and balls, etc. etc.

This surely takes less than a minute, usually, for me. Or I can click one of four slots w/ the bag and I'm done. It's just so easy and w/ the free credits from the 'watch videos' it was an affordable bonus.

I'll use different clubs, balls, and irons for Blitz, stroke, streaming, and testing or daily preference (e.g. blitz = 4 wedges + the R1 3W @ 230yards) (e.g. Nike 85 slower meter irons w/starter balls for occasional practice - sometimes I'll practice w/ my proshop balls)

CLICK HERE  for my examples of the functional convenience of the stand bag.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 4:19 PM

I see! Thank you very much for the reply.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 4:41 AM

I still think they should set it up so you could chose which set to use on the tee before teeing off. In tournament golf I have seen players on the first tee change clubs before teeing off. If they can do it why not here? 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 5:46 AM

borntobesting:
    In tournament golf I have seen players on the first tee change clubs before teeing off. If they can do it why not here?

You can (and they can) only until they begin the round, at which time their chosen set of clubs are in play. I don't have the rule at hand but that would have to be the rule. Here you begin the round by clicking "Tee Off," and then your clubs are set for that round.

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 7:04 AM

+1 zag!

A player IRL is bound to these 14 clubs as soon as he started the "stipulated round". Didn't find when it starts but me thinks it is when the first ball is in play with the first stroke.

Here, it's the "Tee off" button.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 8:03 AM

Yes, there is no definition of "starting" the round in Rule 4.4.

But if you start with fewer than 14 clubs in real life, you may add clubs at any time until you reach 14.

This could allow abuse. Imagine a player starting with exactly 1 club: whatever he deems to be the ideal club to play the first tee shot. Then for his second stroke he adds whatever club would be ideal for hitting that shot, and so on and so forth until he has added 13 clubs and reached a total of 14.

Granted this strategic behaviour is contrary to the spirit of golf.

Nonetheless, I could imagine something of the sort in WGT because I have to decide at the beginning whether (for example) an extra wedge or a hybrid club is likely to serve me better during the round. Sometimes if I choose one or the other it turns out that I never had occasion to use the club even once, and thus I would have been better off starting with fewer clubs and then added the wedge or hybrid whenever it turned out that that was the ideal club for a specific shot that came up.

RSS