Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Free Rental Weekend is Here Early!

Mon, Jul 21 2014 11:12 PM (40 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 2:18 PM

I'm taking advantage of the 'free rental weekend' thanks to WGT !!

Using the stand bag plus to switch a few configuations of sets for stroke play and C.T.T.H. easily, while saving my little brainpower for the courses. :)

In #1 Blitz config. you see the NIKE 97 irons (with a meter of 3 that matches the Clevelands) plus the Callaway 33 to slow that meter down. Plus, the added short distance ATV (50yd), and the added Cleveland (115yd) just for kicks.

In #2 Stroke play you see the Daytona Putter out for a test drive.

[note in #2: just for fun,  the TaylorMade R11S 9.0 Driver (L94+) @ 284 yds, this has a meter speed of 3 so it matches the Clevelands & Nike 97s, instead of the longer R1 & BB both with a meter of 3.5]

In #3 Blitz you see the starter ball (quick meter) being used in concert w/ the slower meter NIKE 85s (3.5)*, again the ATV (50yd,meter 3.5!) added and the TM R11S 3 Wood (L41+) (230yd, also 3.5 meter) which usually is not needed, but Pebble Beach, Bali Hai, Oakmont (which usually has tailwind) all have a 229yd+ holes. I like the shorter 3W at 230 that I won't have to choke.

In #4 Blitz, again, the fast-meter starter ball, then NIKE 85s* & ATV wedges (both have a matching meter of 3.5!) The Cleveland 115yd for kicks, and TM R11S 3 Wood (L41+) at 230yds again.

Thanks WGT, challenge & variety, never a dull moment for me.

* NIKE 85 irons precision test (3.5 meter speed)

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 9:48 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

We just started a Free Rental weekend and as loyal Forum posters, we are giving you the chance to start renting clubs early.  So have some fun trying out some different clubs.

As a second little perk, we have created two separate tournaments to run along with the British Open and the Free Rental Weekend.  The links are below.

Required Club Tournament -  Make sure to read the entire list of what clubs are required

Welcome Back Craziness - This will not effect your scoring average.  We now have that option!

- WGTdbloshoe

the required club tournament was great, 4 birdies and 5 bogeys, i had no idea how far the clubs went from tee or fairway but it was fun, pitched in twice, one from 10yd and one from 14yd's which was nice. it was hard to know what to do with those clubs but it was an enjoyable 18 holes.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Jul 19 2014 10:31 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

We just started a Free Rental weekend and as loyal Forum posters, we are giving you the chance to start renting clubs early.  So have some fun trying out some different clubs.

As a second little perk, we have created two separate tournaments to run along with the British Open and the Free Rental Weekend.  The links are below.

Required Club Tournament -  Make sure to read the entire list of what clubs are required

Welcome Back Craziness - This will not effect your scoring average.  We now have that option!

- WGTdbloshoe

could we get an uneven lies version of the required clubs tournament the net time you are setting one up?

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 12:42 AM

@WGTdbloshoe

heres an idea for an uneven required clubs tournament: st andrews low wind without a driver (put an extra wood in the bag), its great fun with bunkers that come into play and there still is loads of birdies that can be made. it makes your club choice that little bit more tricky off the tee.

the 17th works fine with low wind in your face using a 3 wood as you can make the fairway and leave around 235 to the middle of the green.

the 15th is now a long 3 shot par 5 with the wind in your face which makes the hole that little bit harder.

edit: forgot to say i played from the legend tees.

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 1:29 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

- WGTdbloshoe

Thank you Shoe! That's very awesome!

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 1:50 AM

Thanks, WGT!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 3:15 AM

Dougie4042:

Thanks, WGT!

+1

Many players will appreciate the free rental weekend - also your wacky tournys are enjoyed by many.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 3:57 AM

ok...

KWAZY 1...  done... very funn...

i blew it on last par 5.... don't know why... been goober'n par 5's up all week ...then...had 68 inda  bag i thought ....just par 18...

well...it was DOWNWIND ....uggg....lol.. i knew i shud just hit 3 wood....but nooooooooooo  ...i just had to go for over bunker's....

well.... crap !! ..went rite in the left one,, .. bluuurg...whata dummy... sucker....lmao...

anywho... bogey'd it ..was still tickled...goal was just to be even par..

off...to rent some club;z an try ...the other one...

:)_~~   peace

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 5:20 AM

ugggg...

guess i shuda went an did a lil practice 9 with ..the ROCKETS...

but didn't ...lol   grabbed a cally ball an jumped rite out there...

st george.... weeds sure were funn.... lmaooo... 1st hole...

made bogey...an with the winds..i just ..seam'd to be in scramble mode from then on...

goofed up the par 5's... dang it...did manage a birdy or two.. .. but nothin special ...

.... had funn... ..learned .. a lil.. ..cussed a lil...

THX ... shoe man.... enjoy'd the morning challenges

• dunlapajd
    13 Posts
    Sun, Jul 20 2014 8:04 AM

Appreciate the Free Rental weekends, but for second time, I rented a club and it does not show up in my equipment available.  went back and tried to rent it again and received message "already rented".   Frustrating.

RSS